• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you are afraid to battle against

Well, I dread fighting wild Wobbuffets, since it's impossible to run away without a Run Away Pokemon or items, and they are so bulky that it's difficult for sure if your attack can get through. Also special mention goes to roamers, who can appear when you least expect it, and get away from you. The reason to be afraid is that, well, there's a surprise factor there.

Special "special" mention goes to Missingno, who can turn your game upside-down if you meddle with it.

For me it's Infernape, Starmie, Mismagius and Spiritomb.

Other ones that can be some-what frightening in certain situations are Gyarados, Dragonite, Breloom, Celebi, Heatran, Moltres, Clefable, and Tyranitar.

Blissey, argh, mostly because I've suffered the most bitter loss against it in PBR's Random Match. I beat my opponents all other Pokémon easily, when only my Hippowdon went down. The last Pokémon was Blissey and Hippowdon was my only physical attacker in that battle. You bet how annoying was to try taking it down with special attacks. I lost :(.

And Tentacruel is really hard to take down for me, since I don't usually have any Psychic types in my team.

Don't get me started on Milotic. It's Mirror coat and high special defenses wiped out my original pearl team. Ambipom, almost wiped me out the first time I played Platinum. =/

Wobbufet. If I don't have a fighting type move, then Wobbufet will... well, use Counter or Mirror Coat. Which hits. Hard.

You all will laugh at me for this but its....its...its bloody dunsparce. I said dont laugh at me. Its the reason why i almost never say gold was my first pokemon game.
1st it helped me beat the E4(last 3 cause it was L100) and the first pokemon i caught plus i got lost my team of 20 to a level 15 dunsparce. I said dont laugh:bawl:.

Wobuffet. Mirror Coat and Counter are serious stuff. Also, in certain cases: Gyarados, Spiritomb, Chansey and Blissey and pseudo-legendaries. And ... Miltank. :uhoh: (Whitney's fault :sweat:)

Shiny Pokémon. I've never attacked a shiny Pokémon. I always catch them right away.

Gyarados. NOTHING BEATS THE DAMN THING!!! Why oh why couldn't I have leveled up that Pikachu? Lance would have been so much easier...

i never understood the hate for battling Gyrados. then again, i've always had an electric staple in my team (eg. Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos), so maybe that's why it never occurred to me as hard to fight?

Any of the Blissey line and, especially when I was battling Team Aqua in Sapphire, Golbat/Crobat. Those things decimated my poor, poor Blaziken!

Golbat, Tentacruel. But i really am irritated by Shuppet even though he's not that difficult to battle against. I also hate battling Donphans.

I found Miltank can be a real pain in certain situations. Possibly was Whitney's fault back in Gen II which made me too nervous.

Darkrai. Dark Void is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying. my friend's best pkmn is darkrai. i battled him wthout it on his team, and i pwned him.

Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat. After Golbat... ad infinitum.

If you bother squishing them with your strong pokemon, you waste PP.

Their speed is something you shouldn't understimate. They will attack before many low level pokemon, confusing your pokemon ALWAYS with supersonic and making it flinch whenever it doesn't hit itself. This also means you can't run away either.

And then there's the occasional Graveler which on itself is not bad except when it randomly explodes.

And then there are all those pokemon that do nothing but inflict status effects in whatever you are trying to train.

Shedinja. Plain and simple. In the Battle Frontier, it's a necessity for me that at least two of Pokemon possess an attack capable of hitting Shedinja. Ever since I was forced to surrender in a battle with one in the Battle Tower (and on a very high streak, nonetheless), I've been very afraid of battling it.

That thing is the reason I need another Latios to keep my Battle Hall streak going :/ My Uber one don't make it due to lack of Shadow Ball, I'll have to catch another one in HeartGold when I reach Pewter.

So that's why I bring either a Sandstorm team or a Hail team in the other Battle facilities, unless all of my team can take down a Shedninja by their default moveset.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom