• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ lolz

How? Well, you normally pay customs charges when you receive the package.
Does that mean I'm gonna have to pay more when my package comes form Fed-Ex? I already paid $75.50 on Play-Asia. Or are the custom charges included?

Does that mean I'm gonna have to pay more when my package comes form Fed-Ex? I already paid $75.50 on Play-Asia. Or are the custom charges included?

Yes, that's what it means. Your FedEx deliveryman is looking forward to take (all) your money.

Mine says on or before 20th.

I did preorder Heartgold and it came about 15 days later. I hope they are quicker this time. The waiting is killing me really. This will be fun as my japanese is very basic. It's laughable. But Pokemon is not known to be very complicated and I'm sure I'll do fine.

*waits

Where the heck do you guys live? I have never paid any kind of money when getting a package from Play-Asia... ever.

Couriers like FedEx or UPS will charge brokerage fees for packages that cross international borders... it's usually only on their "Ground" (eg. most basic) service (and is built into the initial shipping cost of their other services), but it can add up. And almost none of it is actually customs duties in whatever country you're in. UPS tried to charge me about $22 for a package with a $31 dollar value, whereas had the package simply been sent via USPS and Canada Post, I may've got a $3 charge (if customs even decided to hit it, which I've been lucky with mostly). On another, they tried to stick me with a $76 fee for a shipment with a value of about $130. In both cases I avoided the fee; but it's left me with the impression that they're little more than criminals who take advantage of the vast majority of their customers.

The fee is for the brokerage agent who deals with the package crossing the border... regular mail services like USPS, Canada Post, Royal Mail, Japan Post, etc. all tend to handle eachother's packages internally. Couriers can't do that (just as many can't deliver to so-called "remote addresses".

Brokerage fees can be avoided (at least in Canada) if you go to a local customs office with the tracking/item number of your UPS/FedEx shipment and an invoice of what it is... you can pay the customs fees only (far less), provide appropriate proof of that to the courier, and they're forced to deliver the package without colleting their criminally high fee.

Personally, though, I refuse to go through the hassle; and I refuse to deal with them on principle. When ordering from Play-Asia (or anywhere), I always go with the country's own mail service... that would be Hong Kong Post for Play-Asia, I believe. It's immeasurably cheaper, usually involves no (or very low) customs/importing fees, and I've never found it to be that much slower.

Last edited:
I'd like to pre-order the game but how to pay the custom duty/tax import?
If it's by courier...the man who delivers your game will say there's a customs charge of $X/£X and you have to pay it, or they take it back to the depot.

If it's standard mail, I think your local post office holds it, but they send you a note.

If it's by courier...the man who delivers your game will say there's a customs charge of $X/£X and you have to pay it, or they take it back to the depot.

What happens if the courier man person comes to your door with the game and you're not there? Will he take it back and you won't get the game or what?

Sorry, I'm new at this...

Well if I do have to pay Customs charges with Fedex then how much do you think it'll cost? The whole thing including shipping cost $75.00, so what like 20 bucks?

What happens if the courier man person comes to your door with the game and you're not there? Will he take it back and you won't get the game or what?

Sorry, I'm new at this...

I was wondering the same exact thing I'm worried that my game will come while I'm at school.

I was wondering the same exact thing I'm worried that my game will come while I'm at school.

Same here. I wish that the games came out in early August before I had to go to school. ;_;

I'll have see if someone can stay at my house each day till the game comes...

Same here. I wish that the games came out in early August before I had to go to school. ;_;

I'll have see if someone can stay at my house each day till the game comes...

My parents will be at work so I don't know what I'm going to do I think your able to schedule a delivery date not really sure though. What time does Fedex usually make deliveries?

I thought that they would leave it in your front porch or something, if someone's not home.

Seems to be random whether they will or not, but they definitely won't if there's [blood] money owed. If they're anything like UPS around here, they'll come exactly when nobody is home... and the depot for you to pick up the package is an hour-long drive away, lol.

Sorry to ask but where on Playasia does it give an expected date so ship on? I couldn't find it when I checked yesterday.
I hope it comes in time for me to download the Victini event^_^

Just go into your account and click on the order details of your pre-order.

"Estimated shipping date: On or before Sep 20, 2010"

How long do economy air bubble's take and can you change the way you ship it?
Sorry for all the questions^_^

Seems to be random whether they will or not, but they definitely won't if there's [blood] money owed. If they're anything like UPS around here, they'll come exactly when nobody is home... and the depot for you to pick up the package is an hour-long drive away, lol.

What's the 'depot'?

Sorry, I'm oh so very stupid when it comes to things like these...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom