• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Project: Gijinka (Mature)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon woke up to the sharp pain of salt water in his neck. He was still bleeding heavily.

"Agh!"

He lied down and thought to himself: Roost.

The blood was still flowing from his throat all over the ground. The injury slowly, just slightly recovered. The Togekiss Gijinka immediately gripped the side of his neck. He was left mute; he coughed up his blood all over the deck. Jackie stood over him and laid him over on his back. Jon fell back asleep.

"Quick; does anyone have fare for a ship?!" Jackie said.

"They're after us!"

There were a few boats in the Port which were filled with travelers and seafarers. The nearest one was widely open. A sailor stood by the surprisingly uncrowded docks a few yards away, admitting people in. A young man - doubtlessly a Pokémon Trainer - handed money to him and got aboard.

"Enjoy your visit to Hoenn." the sailor responded.

Last edited:
"I can get us on without one, but we're going to need to resuscitate him first. Nearest Poké Mart?"

OOC: I actually had considered that you might value the characters' safety and prosperity over the plot simply advancing during that post; great work.

Jackie looked around. There were several metal workshops and a few foundries. Then, down the road, she saw it: a good old-styled Poké Mart; it looked remarkably similar to how the Poké Marts in Kanto looked a couple of years ago.

She wrapped her arms around his and tried to pick him up.

"Let's also see if we can find a first-aid kit and maybe some antiseptic in there." she commented.

OOC: You don't need to pat me on the back just for that; staying in character is a vital element of RPing, is it not?

Ozias set off towards the blue building. "If worst comes to worst, we can get Pokémon medicine. We're half Pokémon, so it should at least do something."

He came out about a minute later with, as the original plan suggested, a first-aid kit. "Antiseptics are inside. Come on, quick. Jon, if you can hear me, I need you to use Roost. If you know Roost. Maybe Recover. No, Togekiss can't learn that, can they? Roost then." He emptied out the contents of the small fabric bag onto the ground.

OOC: Sorry about the lack of posts by me. My little sister has been on the computer all week.

Anatasia nodded, "That's a good idea. For a peasant. But be quick about it." She said.

"Peasant? You're using that word wrong." He stared at the various items in what looked like slight panic.

He looked up at the others. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

"When those words come out of a know-it-all like you, then that means we're screwed," Wren said bluntly.

"I have never seen any of these things before and someone is dying! Do you know what that means? Panic, sheer bloody panic."

OOC: *coughSherlockHolmesreferencecough*

A young woman fully kitted-out in denim walked exasperatedly onto the scene. "You do it like this." She took out one of the antiseptic wipes. "This isn't going to hurt a bit," she smiled reassuringly at Jon, then started dabbing at his cuts. "See? I lied."

OOC: I mean I thought of it as something which would be neat, but didn't actually expect you to, so... nice.

Jon was still knocked out. He recovered a bit, but didn't get up. The Gijinka was completely asleep.

The disconcerted medical doctor paced around the hallway.

"Teru," Fumiko called.

"Yes?!" he responded irkedly.

"...we've got some of them; they're right in town just a few blocks away and one of them is in critical condition."

"Is it her?" he asked.

"She's there, but she's not the one who's injured." the intern responded.

"Let's go after them; see if they meet up with anyone else or not... and at least half of the ones we worked on were killed already, so..."

"Follow them?"

"Follow them."

Later...

"It took about an hour, but that should do it." Jackie said.

"Agh; it... fucking... burns..." Jon tried to speak up and answer. He used Roost again; the injury fully closed.

"That's better; thanks... So, who the hell are you?"

Last edited:
Ozias, who had, stunningly, been silent the whole time, staring at the young woman with an expression that announced that he didn't quite know what to make of her, suddenly spoke up before she could even answer Jon. "Are you a...? Are you a hacker now?"
"Why?" she replied, "Got a problem with hackers?"
"I'm telepathic, I point and laugh at hackers."
The girl simply shrugged, then turned around to face the rest of the group. "Valkyrie Ellwood, elite hacker."

"No you're not, we split up two years ago! To be an elite hacker, you'd need one hundred and thirty-one million forty thousand seconds of practice, that's fifty hours a day!"
"I hate you."

"So anyway," Ozias put his hands in his pockets, "Boat. Anyone have some kind of blank ID I can borrow?"

OOC: Sorry I've been on a residential trip.

Anatasia checked her pockets. "Only 100,000 Pokédollars. I doubt they'll help. Anyway I'll probably be going now..." She began to slowly walk off.

"You live in Orre, then? You can survive being hunted by a gang of mercenaries that I couldn't hold off and almost killed Jon here? Go ahead if you think you can last more than twenty minutes out here alone, kid," Ozias shrugged.
"He has a point," Valkyrie noted, "Go it alone and you're less likely to live it out than she is," she casually pointed at Jackie, "No offence."

Last edited:
Anastasia turned around. "By the time they find out I'm a gijinka I'll already be home or simply hiding in the shadows. Like a real weavile." She turned back around and continued walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom