• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 3: Huzzah! No Casualties Last Night! 8-18-15

@Gaga;

Does the Town quote match with the other Cop's?

Gags request

Dear Jist on face you are[name]

you are the glue that sticks the whole team together. You seek to find the truth you have been playing mafia games recently. and then my objective and thats pretty much all I can say
So the person could be a leader or a friend of everybody? And started to play mafia games recently.

There's like several people who play mafia on that list and recently can be very vague at times since time can go by fast.

It might be the characters: Maniacal Engineer, Shiny Metagross, Jackatlasred, or AussieEevee.

If I had to choose among the four to be the random cop, it would be Shiny Metagross since he is a nice guy and Metagross the Pokémon is like a supercomputer, iirc.

The other cop used "non-troll" to describe Kyriaki.

Hmm, interesting. Could you copy paste what their sent message said?

Night 3: A Massive Flop by the Trolls

It was going well for the non-trolls. Enzap got banned, PMs were fixed, no one got banned last night... And it would only get better.

"Flop has been sending me some really suspicious PMs lately... she said she was back-up cop and she was flip-flopping a lot about it."
"Of course she would be flip-flopping a lot, she is Flop."
"This is no time for jokes based on her username."
"I don't think it's just a joke; if one person would be flip-flopping between non-trolls and trolls, that is Flop."
"... I think you are right. REPORT HER!!!"

Flopunny got lots of reports so she had to speak up:
"Don't report me! I am Flop, the back-up cop! I do not flip-flop, I am honestly the back-up cop."

Most did not trust her; after all, she was a mafia game player who could easily lie to further her agenda. In her most recent game she lied really effectively, so many people suspected her after that.

It was only a while before Shiny Celebi were to issue the ban, that Flop revealed her true colours:
"TROLLS! I am not yet one of you, but I would like to become one! I want to join your QT please! I know I'll get banned but I want to be by your side and help you through the QT, in which I will still be able to post despite getting banned from Bulbagarden!"

The non-trolls don't know if she really joined that QT or not; but just because she might join it, they realized that her ban had to happen.

Shiny Celebi banned Flopunny.

Dear DrumBeats, you are
Flopunny
You are also known as Flip. Or Flop. Or Flip Flop. Or Flopjack. You have been playing mafia games, and you have been recently getting a lot the role cop, so people also call you Cop Flop. You are the flip-flopping troll of the bunch.
You are a Traitor. You start as a standalone troll that looks as non-troll in copchecks. Whenever you wish, you can PM the hosts Add me to Mafia QT. You will then join the QT with your troll allies, performing a flip-flop. From then onwards you will investigate as a troll to the cop, though, so be careful.
Just because you like the cop role, though, we will give you an extra gift; if the mafia Rolecop dies you have a Back-up Rolecop shot to use.
If the Trolls were to nightkill you before you join them, the kill will fail and you will forcibly join them.
You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
DrumBeats was banned. He was Flopunny, the Traitor of the Trolls.

"This is great! Hope the trolls fail to ban anyone tonight as well!"

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours.

Cool! There are currently more Mafia members dead than Town members. I haven't been in a game with more Mafia dead than Town in a year.

For the record, if I suddenly stop talking tonight, it's because I'm commuting again.

This is another win for town! This game is going well!
I am surprised the claim was actually truthful. Though it flipped to Rolecop. So their plan surely flopped. .

Anyhow, I honestly believe DrumBeats. Even though it seems a little overpowered (if that's the right word??), considering some of the other claims we've seen and DrumBeats being persistent in his "you can have the cop check me" attitude, I am more or less willing to believe him rather than not. His overall behavior to me has been non-scummy. Kyriaki on the other hand I'd be a lot more comfortable with voting considering her lack of overall activity (yes. i am saying this lol), lack of input, and her claim. Governor is such a tricky role since. Like Drumbeats said, it's not exactly useful unless it's to stop your own lynch and now that I'm saying this it just now occurred to me that she'll probably use it to stop this lynch resulting in a no lynch this phase. I'm not a fan of that as we all know but still. Governor is an inherently scummy role, and I still think backup cop is much more believable.

VOTE: Kyriaki.

hMMMhmhmhmhmHMHMMHMMMmmm

NICE

Hopefully that means we can be sure that checks from the probably sane cop are good to go then with traitor, miller, and godfather dead! I think this also lends credence to Kyriaki really being town since DrumBeats tried to get things switched onto her, so I get the feeling that she is most likely town.

Speaking of Kyriaki though and also what Human was mentioning about there being seven protective roles... I'm going to sound like a broken record here since I've brought up AussieEevee being suspicious constantly, but if we have a likely town governor, I don't buy the 1x deathproof claim. Yes, there are still the PMs with ME that make it kind of iffy, but Eevee's actions have mainly consisted of wanting scrutiny drawn away from his posts and thus discouraging discussion to a degree, defending ME pretty seriously, and voting Kyriaki (who we all saw in-thread had been checked as town by both cops, not just Jist and his non-sane role).

I don't know why town would have both a governor to avoid a lynch and also someone who could potentially be 1x lynchproof, nor do I know why a 1x NK-proof would be here with a doctor + all this commuting business.

EDIT: In regards to Human's post above me about Momoka: "Governor is an inherently scummy role" is also a strange thing to say when it can be town as often as mafia, if not more so. Lynch redirector would be a lot more inherently scummy than simply governor.

Last edited:

hMMMhmhmhmhmHMHMMHMMMmmm
I can see why you'd be "hmmm"-ing my previous vote on Kyriaki, but I did explain it to you (more than once, actually).

It's probably worth pointing out that AussieEevee voted Kyriaki while making no mention of the DrumBeats votes going on.

AussieEevee said:
Or Jist is mafia and ME was bussed to make Jist more believable.
He made no mention of DrumBeat's claim, but brought up the possibility that Jist could have bussed ME which is highly unlikely. It would be such a terrible move to bus the Godfather on Day 2, especially when ME was doing well for himself until that check came up.

fyi I'm tired right now but I'll look through the thread again

Yesss! All alignment obscuring roles are likely gone. Except Jist, aslflkskgdlgasdfghjkl

Hmm, interesting. Could you copy paste what their sent message said?
Zexy said:
Kyriaki is a Non-Troll.

@Momoka;

Still "hmMHMHMMMm" worthy, but I have my doubts.

Yesss! All alignment obscuring roles are likely gone. Except Jist, aslflkskgdlgasdfghjkl

Zexy said:
Kyriaki is a Non-Troll.

ok either zexy is being inconsistent on purpose or there's definitely something up here hmm

Jist... bussing Maniacal Engineer(yes i'm still calling you that Goosenap) to then make one mislynch on kyriaki...? why

The only time I've ever seen Mafia bus their Godfather was in December 2012, Master Mew's Presidential Election Mafia, and that same Mafia got lynched the following Day Phase.

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Night 3: 2 Down, But How Many are Left? 8-20-15

Well it was worth a try, but I put all my eggs in one basket there.

And for the record, to those who said that I couldn't have misread my PM, I actually did. I didn't see the one shot rolecop and thought it was a permanent one until the rolecop died and I was told I only had one shot xP

Good game, and good luck mafia!

AussieEevee said:
He made no mention of DrumBeat's claim, but brought up the possibility that Jist could have bussed ME which is highly unlikely. It would be such a terrible move to bus the Godfather on Day 2, especially when ME was doing well for himself until that check came up.

I actually don't know what Drumbeats claimed. I just threw that idea out there. Bussing ME would definitely allow Jist to gain undisputable standing with the town. Do I believe that's what happened? No. It was just a thought. I still believe Jist is the Insane Cop. Every reading Jist gets is the opposite of what it should be. That is why ME's Godfather actually returned Mafia, and why Kyriaki showed up as town.

*shrug* Ignore me, I'm going back to my corner.

Also @HumanDawn; No, I didn't get that PM you asked about during the day phase.

AussieEevee said:

I actually don't know what Drumbeats claimed. I just threw that idea out there. Bussing ME would definitely allow Jist to gain undisputable standing with the town. Do I believe that's what happened? No. It was just a thought. I still believe Jist is the Insane Cop. Every reading Jist gets is the opposite of what it should be. That is why ME's Godfather actually returned Mafia, and why Kyriaki showed up as town.

*shrug* Ignore me, I'm going back to my corner.

Also @HumanDawn; No, I didn't get that PM you asked about during the day phase.

No... just no. Jist seemed to guess ME And said he was mafia. It only becomes more suspicious once he turns up Godfather.

At this point I believe a Jist, Aussie or SM lynch is in order.

Also we have to see if drums joined the mafia QT or not. Depending on that the vote could of been mafia not knowing.

Also it looks like the mafia no longer have a rolecop...

Im sorry but everyone who is jumping on the im mafia and bused out ME is absurd

actually I think the people who are saying that are in fact mafia

i dunno why my role is so confusing qq

This is good! I am quite disappointed in AussieEevee activity and I think a replacement should be necessary also ngh and Jackatlasred haven't really said much apart from random, non contribution posts.
EDIT:
I can see the point of Aussie lynch but really Jist who is a cop and I who is a Townie.
So despite doing nothing all during the game you suddenly want the town to lynch two (maybe 3) townies.
I thought I give you some slack but I will not be ready for a mis lynch at the hands of you.
FOS:JACKATLASRED

Last edited:

This is good! I am quite disappointed in AussieEevee activity and I think a replacement should be necessary also ngh and Jackatlasred haven't really said much apart from random, non contribution posts.
EDIT:
I can see the point of Aussie lynch but really Jist who is a cop and I who is a Townie.
So despite doing nothing all during the game you suddenly want the town to lynch two (maybe 3) townies.
I thought I give you some slack but I will not be ready for a mis lynch at the hands of you.

I would suggest reading the thread SM.

EDIT:

I would suggest reading the thread SM.
I have read the thread and I will state my opinions below. also Jackatlasred please don't act like a know it all(even if you the opposite lol).

On the Jist cop, It could've been easily a host mistake like in the Disney infinity game where I was killed on a hosts mistake. Even if did bus Goosenap it still would've been stupid to kill the Godfather just for a cop. It just doesn't make sense Jackatlasred. I also suggest you read things with common sense .

Also, Jist I suggest checking Jackatlasred or AussieEevee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom