• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: What does your name mean?

Mine means something on the lines of "Homie/Friend".

Thanks.

Mine is a short form of 'Susanna' meaning Lily (Hebrew).

Stephanie
Stephanie comes from the Greek name "Stefanos" (Στέφανος) meaning "crown"

mine sucks :(

Re: The Etymology of Your username

Mine is short for MewChamp151. Mew comes from the fact that Mew is my favorite pokemon, and I always use champ in my usernames, and 151 is Mew's number.

Dark = My online name

Master = Pokemon forums

Put the pieces together.

Kiratwig came up with it in the Nickname game. Since Torterra look like "walking islands", I am IslandWalker, meaning I "walk the Torterra" This is since my starter is Torterra and I want it to follow me in HGSS (taking turns with Meganium, my favorite gen.II Pokémon)

My Username:
Vasili:
In the first Call of Duty 2 Campaign, you play as a Russian named Vasili Koslov.
1097: Alot of people may think this means October, 1997, but i was born in September
It's actually the last 4 digits of my Birthdate written in this format:
9/10/97

Back in... 2002 I think I was really pumped about Star Ocean 3. The main character was Fate, so I was like "hm... ok I'll go with that".

Then the game came out and was terrible, but folks knew me by it already so I kept it anyway.

Ever heard the song "The Candy Man Can?"

Well, my dad dropped that "C" and sang "The Andyman Can" all the time when I was younger (and still does once in a while, actually). The name sort of stuck, though I simply go by "Andyman" now since it's easier. Since I actually like being called by my real first name, I've kept it.

Heh, kinda a long story... Gather 'round.

So, back in about 2006, or '07 or so, I found a VHS of "Mystery Men", and saw it for the first time, and thought it was absolutely hilarious. So I thought of making a comic with ...basically the same idea, a bunch of superheroes with really really dumb powers.

Like "Chuck Upchuck", whose power was projectile vomiting. For example. And their leader was this mysterious guy who went by the name "The Flaming Booger", who was basically like the Sphinx from the movie.

Fortunately, I wised up and realized I had a really really stupid idea for a comic, but since I liked the characters so much, I changed it around to be more like a sitcom kinda thing, with the characters as just regular people, and it became Pulp Culture, which started in 2007.

Which explains where Makalu came from (Pretty much unchanged from the original concept; he's the son of Bigfoot and a Little Person). Lila started as "Mermaid", who turned invisible upon contact with water, also, the name Lila is after the girl who owned Snoopy before Charlie Brown in "Snoopy Come Home".

But I always thought "Flaming Booger" was such a crazy, insane bastard of an idea, so I kept it as my own online handle. So there ya go.

Well, during the Christmas holidays I got a free book which I order for a laugh, the company was called ' Ripoff Europe ' And I found it very funny, and I decided to myself ' Ripoffbooksrule '

Veggie is my nickname for every internet site/community I take part of, it comes from my surname, Vega, anglisized plus a diminutive sufix ("-ie") because I'm short in height (I'm 5'4''). Since the word Veggie itself is used to refer to vegetables and vegetarians, I liked the pseudo-pun (somewhat ironic, as I hate vegetables) and made it into Veggietable for these forums.

Extra points for the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys song "Vegetables", in which the word is sung as "Veggie-tables".

Well, this is simple.
The 'wacky' part in my username comes from that I'm weird and somewhat silly sometimes which is a synonym of wacky.
'azn' just comes from the fact I'm asian.
'XD' is from the fact that I just like this kind of smiley.
Maybe for me, it's just TOO simple.

Viridescent just means green or greenish colour.
I love colour names, probably from playing Pokemon so much. I like the colour green and this is one of my favourite related words.
It's also a reference to Viridian City, favourite town from my favourite region.

Trainer Kotone... because kotone was taken and i like kotone from HGSS? LOL

The result of "nothingness..." Seriously when I try to think of something but can't, first word that comes to mind is blah, changed to blaah.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom