• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remakes of Generation II games confirmed: Long-predicted "GSDS" to be released this f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Remakes of Generation II games confirmed: Long-predicted "GSDS" to be released th

Never? It's just a hairstyle change, really. Ash pops back to Kanto, and suddenly Misty's hair's down.

It's more significant than that if you could see her whole body, she looks sixteen and has clearly developed breasts, longer legs, and a feminine figure.

Yeah, Ruby and Sapphire do not need to be remade. There's no reason to. Aside from the lack of a GBA slot, there really is no need to remake those games. They're recent enough as it is.

Money, the same reason they're remaking HGSS.

Aging is not necessary, since Pokémon games never have reappearing characters (except GenII). Gen V could take place 5 years into the future and take place in some new region, so we won't see older versions of Lucas, Dawn or Brendan. Even in GS, Red and Blue looked exactly as they were in RBY.

If we don't have reoccuring characters, then what is the purpose of furthering the timeline? If Generation V takes place in a new region and 10 years later, what would be the point, since we wouldn't know the difference?

As far as future remakes, Won't they just Make remakes of the series before the previous gen? (IE, R/G/B for gen III, G/S for Gen IV, etc...) I don't think they'd start doing remakes of remakes.

I think at some point they'll just start packaging the remakes together, like FireRed + Emerald 20 years from now, assuming the franchise is still alive.

I can't really remember the story to the original Silver and Gold. I loved them though, and Lugia remains my favourite Pokemon. ;D

There's not a lot of one, even compared to the other 3 games.

Rival hates Team Rocket, steals starter from Elm, main character goes after him and to collect egg, begins to chase after Gym Leaders. Meanwhile, two nameless subordinates of Team Rocket try to build a radio tower to evolve Pokemon and call back Giovanni. They fail.

Re: Remakes of Generation II games confirmed: Long-predicted "GSDS" to be released th

Yeah, Ruby and Sapphire do not need to be remade. There's no reason to. Aside from the lack of a GBA slot, there really is no need to remake those games. They're recent enough as it is.

Yeah, and in a few years time, they'd be old. By then, I'm just thinking that the successor to the DSi would just have it on virtual console.

Yeah, and in a few years time, they'd be old. By then, I'm just thinking that the successor to the DSi would just have it on virtual console.

Only if they could emulate the connectivity features, which seems to me like it would be very difficult if not impossible. The reason none of the main Pokemon games have been on Nintendo's ware service is BECAUSE the games are incomplete on purpose to encourage connectivity between players.

A blond gold? NO! And they changed it quite a bit.
150px-FRLGMaleTrainer.png
180px-Red_Pok%C3%A9monRB.png

No belt no shirt pockets different hat different shoes. I can see some changes to gold like this. Maybe a short sleeve hoodie?

1. No belt: since the jacket is closed, it leaves the belt part unseen, so that's no point.

2. No shirt pockets: little detail, it is still a red jacket with a big white collar and a black undershirt, so it's basically the same clothing.

3. Different hair: I still see three little spikes of hair at each side, just changed the color.

4. Different hat and shoes: who cares about the shoes? And there's still a red baseball cap. It's like saying Brendan is unrecognizable in Emerald just because the Poké ball symbol on his bandana is different.

Once I showed Red's current image to my sister and she inmediately said: "it's Ash", and, since Ash is based off of Red, we see he is still recognizable.

@Zeta: Still it makes sense to have a new timeset even if there are no reoccuring characters. Bill and Oak are somewhat omnipresent in the series (I've always thought Oak is the real main character of the franchise), so we can see older selves of them. And don't tell me "No! You'll kill Oak": he is in his fifties, so we can have a new game taking place 10 years after the current events and he'll be just fine in his sixties (as Rowan is now). And I'd love to see a more mature Bill. And on the main characters (Red, Blue, Gold, Dawn, Pearl, et al), they could be mentioned, like a NPC in a city saying "in another region, there was a real good trainer named Brendan, I heard he replaced his father as a Leader because he retired" or something like that. You know we all love cross-game references, so a NPC telling you what became of a previous character after the end of their game would be just adorable, don't you agree?

I just noticed...

The FL/LG male wears pink, not red. XP

They did change Red's design, but kept it fairly similar. Its probably what's going to happen to Gold, nothing major. The hair change seems like they made it look more like the female characer. If you look at the hair on the sides, Leaf has them aswell. And the spikes actually go over the ear rather than just behind him.

Red looked more conservative in FR/LG. I imagine the same will happen to Gold and Crystal...

... which might hurt Gold's appeal.

Can't imagine what they'd change on Crystal, though I have a friend who would really like to see the hair change. (I like it, though...)

EDIT:

So... any idea what we'll be seeing tonight with Pokemon Sunday? Maybe some pics? or are they just gonna say "GS DS!" and call it a night?

The biggest change in Red's design came from the fact that between 1996 and 2004, Sugimori improved his art.

:ching:I wonder though what spurred nintendo to make the games again?

Quote from a youtuber:
when i found out that they were making a gold and silver remake, my computer broke. I am a bit too violent! but hell yes!

The Raichu episode is great. :D

Ooh, a preview for Movie 12! :D

EDIT: Watching Pocket Monsters Sunday if you haven't noticed. XD

Whoohoo! I can finally play these games =D I've been wiating for this as I've never played Gen II, but it will be ages until the UK release...

They're showing lots of Mystery Dungeon Sky stuff.

...Now they're cooking? o_O

They're showing lots of Mystery Dungeon Sky stuff.

...Now they're cooking? o_O

Are you as disturbed by that woman as I am? I hope this segment is over soon.

Oh my gosh is this is really getting strange. Why do people need to dress up as Pokemon?

The Spinda woman? XD

Yeah. But these other two ladies who just appeared are pretty strange themselves.

Oh thank goodness. A commercial.

Weird Japanese DS zoo game.

Those battle pencil things really crack me up.

We should be hitting the game arena segment in just a few minutes.

I hope... Is your stream as bad as mine?

The quality isn't the greatest, but it is smooth.

You know, it's probably good pokemon.co.jp broke the news. Otherwise the forum would've crashed by now.

Edit: They just anounced the names with logos.

We're going through the starters. Not sure if this is new art, but I'll post pictures after it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom