• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

On another note, I wonder why does Mewtwo's true power, or "the real Mewtwo" involve speed specifically?
It probably isn't just about stats. The corresponding adjective to éclair is éclairant, which means enlightening.

Enclair Forme? Well, I guess that settles it. I'm still not 100% convinced it's a new form, but well, since it was mentioned.. :/

The eclaire forme business is a good argument in favour of a forme, but still, nothing has been proven, or announced yet, so even if there is only a 0.1% chance that it is a new Pokemon, there is still that possibility, and I'm still hopeful.

The eclaire forme business is a good argument in favour of a forme, but still, nothing has been proven, or announced yet, so even if there is only a 0.1% chance that it is a new Pokemon, there is still that possibility, and I'm still hopeful.
I hope its a new pokemon, it looks SO similar to mewtwo.

Eclair Forme? Reminds me of Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.

But...I don't want another forme...:banghead:

Eclair Forme? Reminds me of Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.

But...I don't want another forme...:banghead:

Worst birthday ever.

Eclair forme?

You mean, like the donut?

I guess I was right a few posts ago when I posted that pic -- it WASN'T even his final form. That said, I'm SO sick of legendaries with Forme changes anymore... Especially forme changes that look like they were ripped off of DBZ ("Kid Myuu" is what I'm referring to this head-tailed menace for the time being). If it's new Forme (which it seems exactly what this is, now) is based on Speed, that means that Mewtwo is now just copying Deoxys's schtick, and that the second hexagon in that image may have yet another Forme we haven't seen yet. Ugh. However, if this is a Forme change, and Mewtwo is able to perform these in-battle to min/max its stats on the fly, I think I'd be able to accept Mewtwo being suddenly able to change its shape after 20 years of not being able to do so. Maybe.

Speaking of head-tails, I think that it's 'tail' may actually be that tube... thing that comes out the back of Mewtwo's head which connects to its back, rather than it actually being its tail. Also, the halo-thingy is totally a spoiler -- as in race cars, since just like last time, GF has actually given NO spoilers about the new Pokemon.

I think a good deal of the negativity comes from the fact that GF has once again trolled us for any real info. "Oh look, it's a new Pokemon... which we're not telling you anything about. U mad?" I also guess this also means its open season for Pokes from previous generations getting new evos or Formes, as well; if a legendary from Gen 1 can suddenly get a Forme change, it's kinda shallow to think it's the only one who will, which means less 'new' Pokes overall -- and with this Gen seeming like its addition to the Dex is going to be somewhat meager, that's a little disappointing.

On a slightly snarkier note, maybe Eclair Forme refers to the fact that it's more fragile, ditching all its defenses for speed (making it YET ANOTHER glass cannon) because it's body is now made of pastry.

Meh, I rather hear about the region itself.

I guess I was right a few posts ago when I posted that pic -- it WASN'T even his final form. That said, I'm SO sick of legendaries with Forme changes anymore...

Don't mean to sound mean/angry, but when people say they hate Forme changes, I always see it's the legends they bring up (Giratina, Deoxys etc.) but never the ordinary Pokemon (like Wormadam, Rotom) that aren't gimmicks (Castform, Cherrim). Granted, Wormadam is laughable no matter the Forme, but Rotom? Generally well received, shown in the anime in different formes, even welcomed by the metagame (bar Spin). Is it just Legendaries who shouldn't get new formes or am I missing something?

As for my personal opinion, I don't really like the look of this new Forme (that I have seen aptly nicked "Ewwtwo"), but I won't go so far as some posts I've seen (like...quitting the series because they "messed with the definition of nostalgia"). I'll still use the original Mewtwo and like him for what he is in that.

Many of us have thought about Berserker Gene, and it's not a bad idea by any means. I mean, nowadays most legends do have their own signature items, so why not fix Berserker Gene so that only Mewtwo can use it? Additionally, XY are based on Genes and chromosomes, so...

I thought it was mr.XY behind the poster leak? Because he did write on 4chan that he made it up and "couldn't believe we got fooled"

That would make his insights a little more valuable than they were before wouldn't it?

I thought it was mr.XY behind the poster leak? Because he did write on 4chan that he made it up and "couldn't believe we got fooled"

That would make his insights a little more valuable than they were before wouldn't it?

Not in the least bit. It's like all those people scrambling and claiming they made up the Gen V starter evolutions during Wottergate.

Real things get leaked on 2ch then people who want nothing more than all the attention and praise in the world take those leaks and try to take responsibility by saying they made it too fool everyone. It's that simple.

You know, every time this guy posts anywhere, everyone should just quote what he says, snip everything out and promptly reply "SHUT THE F*** UP!!" Maybe that will urge this nitwit to knock it the slag off. :disgust:

Have to wonder what Coro Coro will say about this. I'm already bracing myself for the onslaught of fake "scans"...

Meh, I rather hear about the region itself.
What is the reigon? Ransei?

Ransei is the region in the spin off game Pokemon Conquest. It has nothing to do with XY, and we still haven't gotten a name for the new region yet. Besides, Ransei is based on feudal Japan, and the new region seems to be based on France.

@Silverwynde: Fake scans and leaks have existed since forever. CoroCoro clearly doesn't care, and why should they? They can't control it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom