• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S01 EP52: The Breeding Center Secret

Sweet Veil

Bright Days
Reaction score
Ash, Misty, Brock, and Snap continue there journey to Cinnabar Island. But, they come across a "Pokemon Breeding Center" a spa like place for Pokemon. The group eagerly head to the center to check it out, but could this place be too good to be true?!

326418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You also forgot to add the REVIEW prefix.
Sorry, Sorry, I'll remember that next time. My bad.

Thanks to Comcast's ON DEMAND service, I can watch old Pokemon episodes I never got the chance to see when I was younger which is very convenient for me. They put a choice amount of different episodes up to watch.

Anyway let's see. This was a freakin' awesome episode. My first time seeing the debut episode of Butch and Cassidy. I thought it was pretty cruel the way Misty was talking about poor Psyduck, saying it was empty headed and stuff to the breeder lady and saying "to change that mindless expression" on it's face. The fact there was a restaurant open for a free meal for anybody with the owners favorite Pokemon which so happens to be a Psyduck was convenient and funny. Even Misty was willing to sneak into the breeding center just to get her Psyduck. Never realized Ash would be so willing to take Psyduck off Misty's hands and that Misty cared for Psyduck so much that she'd never give him away.

Discovering the secret behind the breeding center and that it was a place for stealing Pokemon was too sly. Butch and Cassidy those Team Rocket members really thought things through with that plan. The way Cassidy said, "Not so fast children, now that you know our secret we can't let you leave!" was crazy and scary. Them catching Ash, Brock, and Snap with Pikachu, Togepi, and Misty escaping was so suspenseful who ever wrote this episode deserves an award. Misty seems a whole lot nicer and caring ever since she got Togepi. Meowth alluding to James Bond was funny.

Ash's voice defiantly seems more scratchy then it was in Johto and Hoenn. I like it more. It was pretty cruel the way Cassidy and Butch taped over Psyduck's eyes. The Boss seemed so damn evil and menacing in this episode. This is the first time I've seen this probably to being exposed to Boss Fantasy throughout DP of Meowth thinking of crazy things about the Boss. The dialogue in this episode seems to much more bouncy and funny and flexible then it does in Diamond and Pearl I dunno it just feels so colorful and fun DP's got kinda stale and bricky after a while.

Pretty creative of Ash, Misty, Brock, and Snap to use Pikachu's Thundershock to create a reason for the flash going off from Snap's camera. Loved the music in this ep a load. Seeing Misty go super detective along with Togepi and Pikachu was awesome. She killed two birds with one stone, she asked for Cassidy to get her Psyduck to stall while Pikachu went and got the pictures, that's clever writing and nothing felt rushed and disguised while doing it all. I lol'd hard when she when Misty handed Jenny the pictures which were of Ash's Pikachu, Squirtle and her Staryu instead of the ones of the abused Pokemon instead by accident and Team Rocket's phony "we're good guys" speech. Though Butch and Cassidy are better at thinking up plans then James and Jessie and Meowth there Pokemon suck as equally as much, Pikachu beat Raticate without much effort.

Awesome that in this season we see more interesting plots then we saw typically in DP. Pikachu is the actual star Pokemon of the show rather then taking back seat to Pokemon like Infernape, Sceptile, and Buizel. In the end of the episode, they congratulate Pikachu since he's the one who snuck into the breeding center to get Snap's camera and get them out of jail, he's showing multiple personalities more here in Kanto rather then that always nice leadership older brother attitude in BW and DP. Seeing the Pokemon like Bulbasaur get a battle once in a while is awesome.

In the end it was awesome to see Misty get her ice cream and them all to get there dinner. Misty got her congrats from Jenny and ate all she wanted. It was pretty strange James was complaining about the ugly prison uniforms of all things while he was in jail. Seeing Snap leave Ash, Brock, Misty, Pikachu, and Togepi to head on to his own trip was pretty sad, I liked Snap.

Gotta admit this line here was clever:

Narrator:Thanks to a few photographs, getting out of jail was a Snap for our heroes.

Last edited:
I liked the debut episode of Butch and Cassidy .Psyduck and Misty were both great in it as well and it was a cute ending. Butch and Cassidy really was the exact opposite of our lovable, silly team rocket Trio but I guess that was the point.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom