• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP03: The Evolutionary War

Here's my review of this episode:

I thought this was a pretty good episode! I liked how Professor Birch made another reappearance. That was cool! And I also liked how the two character-of-the-day kids (forgot their names) wanted to be different and more unique than the other kids on their islands, cause they both wanted to have the opposite Pokemon of the one that everyone else had. That was cool too! And I also liked seeing how Clamperl evolve into Huntail and Gorebyss. I thought that was interesting. And overall, this was a pretty good episode, and it was exciting and very interesting too.

Rating: 4 out of 5

It was an okay episode; I was surprised to see Professor Birch. The two kids were cute, Keith in particular. Sadly, I didn't get to watch much because the people remodeling our house made too much noise. x_x

Roxy's Rating: 7/10

~Roxy~

This wasn't a bad episode, certainly up on the Relicanth episode. It was strange to see Clamperl again, especially as I only saw it in the anime for the first time two days ago. I could see the ending a mile off, though I wasn't expecting the islands to make up like that. I initially thought it was dub added, but Dogasu doesn't mention it in the episode comparison. I have to agree with him over the "What you seed is what you get" line. It was really uncalled for, especially since it is already an episode title. I liked this bit, though:

"Huntail! Use Screech!"
"What attack did he just use on us?"
"I don't know. I couldn't hear above the screech!"

Kthleen said:
Do they really need to resolve everything like that? Darn it, they didn't make that one Nurse Joy stop fearing Water Pokémon. Not everything should turn out peaches and candy. (I know not everything does quite [i.e. Latios' and
Rukario's (not like no one doesn't know already, but I like to be careful)
deaths], but you know what I mean.)

Dammit! I need to stop clicking those spoiler buttons!

Kthleen said:
Actually, I meant which Pokémon. (I don't have Ru/Sa/E, but thanks anyway.) Is it that scales from Gorebyss make Clamperl evolve into more Gorebyss and teeth from Huntail make Clamperl evolve into more Huntail? Or do these teeth/scales come from some other Pokémon? Or perhaps even a non-Pokémon animal?

From the episode alone, my guess is that the scale comes from a Gorebyss and the tooth comes from a Huntail.

Geodude said:
What about "Gotta Catch Ya Later"?
That had a happy ending. Ash got over his depression and was ready to start out anew!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom