• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP36: A Secret Sphere of Influence!

Or the SOVA thread could always be used, since most people there have a special interest in VA-ing. Just because it's in SOVA doesn't mean it's bashing in any way.
Actually, that's a bad idea.

Most people who are non-SOVA members, have caused problems for us in the past (with the exception of a few, very nice non-suppoters who are pretty much neutral)

However, I know that the SOVA thread is a very long thread, so not everyone has time to read every page.

But I will just say that, in the past, we've had a lot of trouble regarding non-supporters coming in there. I'm not going to name any names, but we've had people saying things that were not appropriate to say about the original VAs. And there have also been non-supporters who simply got out of line during the discussion of the VA switch and said things they shouldn't have.

Or heck, just dedicate a thread to it.
This has been done in the past.

But unfortunately, that thread called "New VA Discussion Thread" ended up getting locked because the VA critiques and...discussion of the VA switch got too far out of hand.

And whenever someone does start a topic regarding the VAs in the Anime forum, that always ends up getting locked (in order to prevent debates/flamewars).

So like I said, this subject is simply too controversial.

But I don't know why there would be a huge problem with spoiler tagging it.
Oh, I don't think there would be a problem.

This is probably what we'll end up doing anyway. And I'm glad you brought it up. ^_^

As for why I said the mods might have a problem with it, that was just me being worried and not wanting to offend anyone.

So yeah, I just wanted to make sure everyone thought it would be okay, before doing that in the review threads. ^^;

EDIT: Anyway, guys, you can get back on-topic with your reviews/discussion of this episode now.

Last edited:
It's not that discussion of the voice actor thing is "controversial" (because it's not). It's just that you guys are saying the same damn things over and over and over. WE GET IT ALREADY.

Is it just me, or was bringing Viridian Jenny into this ep kinda pointless? She really didn't do much of anything and this ep would be exactly the same without her.

Does anyone wonder why they did this out of nowhere? Really odd.

She was kinda random, but she had an awesome outfit. ;) But aren't a lot of things just 'really odd'?

I just woke up...don't let me get philosophical...

Viridian Jenny was random, but cool. Though it wouldve made more sense to have that flashback of the beginning of Ash's journey when he met her.

Spoiler tags for the voices? GOT IT. Time to party Lisa :p

It's not that discussion of the voice actor thing is "controversial" (because it's not). It's just that you guys are saying the same damn things over and over and over. WE GET IT ALREADY.
He is Right... I just recently joined however I have been going over the past messages and have come to the conclusion that the whole discussion is Super Tedious...

and have come to the conclusion that the whole discussion is Super Tedious...

It is indeed, and it's becoming more and more obvious to any normal, reasonable person who isn't ridiculously obsessed with how every single sentence is spoken. (You know who you are.) It needs to stop. It doesn't need to and shouldn't have to get to a point where we have to ban ALL voice actor discussions for everyone's sanity, everyone just needs to start using some common stinkin' sense.

Your bashing of those people is also getting very tiring and old.

I'm sickened we can't even PRAISE them without people like you bashing us. Just cut it out already.

I fail to see how anything in my above post was in any way insulting or bashing. I was merely stating facts. Do NOT blame me or anyone who agrees with me for your perceived restrictions on discussion. Instead, blame those who made this an issue in the first place. This particular discussion ends NOW. Do not reply to this. At all. This is your only warning. Any attempt to continue WILL result in infractions.

Now, moving on, and back to the actual episode...

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom