• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP21: Our Cup Runneth Over!

And everybody's acting was really great in this episode. <3 No complaints, everybody was /great./
Huh?

Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to comment on that, right?

Heck, I was under the impression that we weren't even supposed to mention the VAs' names...

Now I'm really confused. O.O

I think that if the comments are GENERAL and POSITIVE then it's acceptable to write a sentence or two. However, if the comments are negative, and/or talking about specific voice actors, then it is not allowed.

Oh, that makes sense! ^^

It's nice that we can still make general and positive comments about the voice acting.

But even so, it looks like I won't be saying much, lol. XD!!

Last edited:
I don't get how Ash didn't know about Wallace and he traveled in Hoenn

Ash never saw Wallace in Hoenn.

As for why he never heard of him, when we were at Sootopolis Juan made no mention of him so its not like its his fault.

Leave it to PUSA to remedy the previous episode's "failures" with this one, which was a nice, good introduction to the Wallace Cup arc. I was actually quite pleased to hear Wallace-not the half girly voice I'd feared, but a voice that shows how respected he is. It suited him well. Everyone else was alright too. Wallace's appeal was really awesome. It's no wonder he's the Master and is awed by everyone.

The animation was off somewhere. I liked seeing some of Ash and Brock's wacky poses when Rhonda tells them about Wallace.

There were some funny parts in here. Jessie's immature fangirl-ing, Rhonda and the cameraman's "no battery" after-rant with the mic hitting her on the head-that was a nice way to end that scene. One thing...why was she holding a mic, when there's a mic above her? Wouldn't that create feedback and cause all ears to be deaf by now?

TR actually made it more funny with James and Meowth trying to contain Jessie. Now I see why Seviper's costume was so funny.

Dawn's whole "admiring" thing seems to have its way in this episode. First, she's seeing Ash with his Pokemon, then Wallace brings it up with Buizel previously under Dawn's care and had that thing going, then there's Ash helping Dawn out to practice and show off their moves. Both Dawn and Ash were happy to hear from Wallace about Buizel...I don't know if that means anything. Not to mention Ash repeating Dawn's renowned phrase for this series, "No need to worry."

With her problems and what Zoey and Wallace are saying, Dawn should really turn her perspective around. Had she listened to her mother, she would've fixed her mistakes by now.

Lastly, there was that one moment fans were waiting for, May. I half-expected to hear her old voice, but forgot about that change--meh. I also too wish that I didn't know about this before, because then I'd have an "oh schnap!" moment when seeing May.

Better episode than last week. Brings out the tension for the awaited Cup. Can't wait to see the others. And Ash's costume, Indiana-style. Good job at introducing Wallace, the great Contest master. To me, him and Juan are one of the most respected people in Hoenn, along with the Elite Four.

I thought the animations were sort of odd, and that's something I rarely ever notice. I think Wallace has a decent voice, personally. Can't wait to see the rest of the arc. I somehow was able to make it so that I don't know any of the events that happen during it (except for May and her having a Glaceon).

I rather liked this episode and Wallace is just AWESOME!! But for some reason i think he's a cousin to Robert from the Hoenn grand festival not sure why exactly...

I remember when I first saw the preview of this episode, I thought Ash would battle Wallace.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom