• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP29: Cottonee in Love!

I'm so happy we got rid of the boss fantasies. I fucking hated most of them.

This episode really reminded me of those boring grass pokemon eps from Johto. Its funny how every time we do get a bad filler, it gives me a flashback to the Johto seasons when these type of episodes were common.

Thankfully eps like these nowadays are a rarity, and prove the writers have overall improved in their writing since the Johto days, but still put out the occasional bad filler.

I will agree though that the Cilan bits and Scraggy saved parts of the episode. Only redeeming qualities.

Oh, yeah you mentioned that before if I remember correctly. Interesting theory.

This episode pretty much felt like it belonged somewhere in early/mid Johto, where these type of fillers were common. Is it just me or does Cottonee remind anyone else of a Johto pokemon?

Those Pokemon were called "Hoppip".

I can't help but wonder if there has ever been an episode where there was as much agreement in the review thread as in this one. Kind of fascinating.
Also, it's nice to see that some people obviously start realizing how bad most of the B/W eps actually are.

TRio's presence in this episode really was not necessary and was only included to fill up time. It felt very awkward that the Cottonee had resumed with their mating ritual after TRio failed to contain them in their machine. The same thing applied to Iris biting down on quite a number of apples in between important scenes. Both of these events filled up time because the plotline was too simplistic to last on its own for a good 20 minutes.

Pokemon should try experimenting with episodes split into two eleven minute segments if reaching the 20 minute mark is an issue.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom