• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP42: Alola, Kanto!

Why isn't Ash hyped to go to Kanto!? I guess he's been there a crap tonne of times but he's usually hyped for his friends to see his hometown? weird. Plus he can play with his old Pokemon...

Of all people to be cared of flying... Kiawe lmao.

BROCK. He... looks just as dumb as Ash do. Why can't we can't people the same!?

I find it unusual that Brock isn't surprised to see a white Vulpix?

At least Ash is hyped now. And lol, Brock still at his old tricks. Misty sounds hella weird. I guess cuz we've only seen her once since the voice actor change in mirage of masters.

Interesting that they were shown with other school mates and yet only the main ones get to go, lol.

Two Oaks is hella weird.

I guess we know where Samson (Or Samuel) got his puns from.

Lol, now they can believe Ash and his 427 Tarous. Although at that point, if I was one of them I would question why he had so many. Then since it's the dub his answer is "idk, they appeared in my box one day" cuz that episode was skipped.

I guess some of those Tauros... like Ash. A lot.

The ride gear in inside the Pokeball? I guess that makes sense...

That's one low levelled Raichu.

Be funny if that was Ash's Pidgeot. Although why are the Squirtle Squad here?

Poor normal Exeggutor. Also, why is Brock's Geodude... still... Geodude? it's been 20 years! and I guess Brock and Misty got to see the Alola forms too, fair play I guess - makes sense as to why he was aware of Ice Vulpix.

I wonder who these random Pokemon belong to?

Kinda funny that both Marowaks are strong against Togedemaru. Also like how normal Marowak is there like "wots the matter guys?". Also, interesting to see the Alola trainers unaware of Kanto Pokemon/forms. A refreshing change, I guess. I figured they'd be slightly aware though, considering they were aware of random Kanto Pokemon like Vileplume and Seadra. Also, where the OG Vulpix and Sandshrew at?

Seeing those OG moments but with the new versions of Ash, Brock and Misty. ...weird. Should've used the mid 90s clips.

Lana's swimsuit is better. Less is more, as they say.

Weird they're in random places rather than being stolen.

Mate, how does a Fire type help against a Rock/Ground? damn Kiawe is strong. and there we go, Team Rocket.

I always did find it weird she preferred Staryu over her Starmie. Why'd she evovle the other one in the first place if she uses the unevolved more?

Bewear is dedicated. Gotta give it that. Running from Hawaii to the middle of Japan.

The epic return of Jiggles.

Lmao random Mew. I feel like this is it's first episode in the anime episode wise. ...also, since it's assumed Mew is last- where did he find a Mewtwo!?

Fun episode. Some good old nostalgic times.

Also interested into why two episodes randomly aired. Surely it would've been better to do the filler as one and some of the Kanto together, cuz otherwise it's weird.

And Bewear falling from a plane to take TR...okay ya know what. Forget the fact that it ran off with them once again. Just how the hell did that thing get on a plane by itself? Did it buy a plane ticket, go to the airport, give someone a ticket, walk onto the plane, and just sit down in a seat and ride like a human being? And how the hell did it know where TR was that he had the ability to perfectly jump out at that moment when Mimikyu was about to attack? How? Seriously wtf is this? End of rant trying to analyze an already nonsensical kids show

It's a Team Rocket Pokemon (sort of), so it wore a hat and everyone assumed it was human. It threw it off just before the jump.

Last edited:
I don't see any information about a new voice actor for Jigglypuff. Does this mean that Rachel Lillis is voicing it again?

Despite a lot of people not enjoying this episode, I thought it was pretty great! Michelle Knotz did a fine job voicing Misty and I can see where some people thought they were hearing May's voice but I could tell the difference between the two. I also really liked a lot of the music in the episode, especially the music when Snowy meets Ninetails and when they are on the bus to the gym.

Anyone that saw .05 seconds of that would know that isn’t Rachel Lillis. Hopefully they continue to use her voice for SSB for years to come.

After watching more of the episode I'm surprised at how different Michelle Knotz's performance sounds compared to the BW one. Oh sure, Misty has more subsance in these episodes, but Knotz is going all-out which is nice.

She's no Rachael Lillis but she's no Jimmy Zoppi either so I'll take what I can get.

Other than the ones shown in this episode, do you guys think that all Ash's written out Pokémon will reappear in the future Pokémon Sun and Moon episodes?

Is Rachael Lillis not available to them at all anymore? I'm not sure if she has done anything recently, but I know she did Maylene in DP (where she sounded about 88% like her Misty voice). I guess its not surprising, but since so few people saw the mirage special, they could have easily used her for Misty. I certainly heard battle frontier May in Michele Knotz (a voice I didn't really like, only because I liked Veronica Taylor's May voice so much).

I do really like Brock's "new" (over ten years now?) VA, so I was happy to hear him again, and since I just finished watching Sinnoh its pretty fresh in my mind, and I don't think he missed a beat with the voice (I wasn't trying to study it, but it sure seemed normal to me).

Only qualm with this episode, where on earth is Tracey. Heck, he didn't even need a speaking part, he could have just been eating dinner with them at the end or something. For all the meaningless prof. assistants we have seen in the past, he could have been given like 3-5 seconds of screen time or something. "Hi I'm professor Oak's assistant" or "nice to see you Ash", or just let us see him in passing like Totodile and Corphish, but seriously something. They're the ones that stuck him at that lab instead of having him return to the OI, so it would be nice to acknowledge him, he's more Gen 1 than Misty's Gyarados.

A trip to Kanto? Let's see how this goes...

Aww... Poor Ash. His disappointment was hilarious BTW. :LOL: Kinda strange he wasn't hyped about it. He usually is in matters concerning Kanto. o_O

Gotta agree with Sophocles though. Charizard riding is too damn risky. :eek:

Oh so, it's Brock and Misty who appear. Awesome seeing them again. It was an hella unexpected appearance for me, but I will never say no to the continuity nods. (y) Now, where's Azurill? :(

It's so good to see Professor Oak's laboratory; it's been a while since we last saw it. Hmph! No Tracey though! (n):(

Kiawe racing with Rapidash was just majestically awesome! :cool::cool::cool:

The scene with Snowy and Ninetales was beautiful. :X3:

The two Marowak though... Poor Pikachu! Also, wot? Why? Togedemaru has Lightning Rod, writers! :rolleyes:

Seeing those OG moments... Damn it, nostalgia! :cry:

So, Misty gets scared off by the Gyarados as well?! (n)

Kiawe's Marowak needs to chill... :rolleyes:

So good to see Crobat and Staryu again. :X3::cry:

Bewear fell straight down! o_O:LOL:

JIGGLYPUFF?! It's been forever! :X3::love::cry:

Wait, so Rotom managed to gather data about Mewtwo as well?!?!?! :eek::eek:

So, it's off to Cerulean City now. Can't wait to see what all happens at the Gym. (y)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom