• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

Also why would he have any idea his brother was in a Japanese region. He would just know he's gone.

I was interested in getting the DLC, but if there are going to be bugs and such that need a day one patch, I am not interested anymore. Plus, I haven't really been playing Pokemon Scarlet since I beat the main game anyway.
What's worse is that they still haven't fixed the one bug that deletes players' save files on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet which is why I've been holding off on buying the new games after already beating Pokémon Shield with Sword soon to follow since I don't have anyone to trade with to finish my Galar PokéDex as well as the PokéDex entries for the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra DLC's.

What's worse is that they still haven't fixed the one bug that deletes players' save files on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet which is why I've been holding off on buying the new games after already beating Pokémon Shield with Sword soon to follow since I don't have anyone to trade with to finish my Galar PokéDex as well as the PokéDex entries for the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra DLC's.
That glitch is extremely unlikely to happen, TPCi can fix it if it happens, and Serebii has said he hasn't received any cases of it happening recently. About the pokedex, maybe you could try posting what you're missing here if you happen to have Nintendo Switch online?

After the cancelled Raid event, I am a tad worried about DLCs working properly. I am going to purchase them for sure as Violet has been my favorite Pokémon game on the Switch console, but I am going to wait for a while before I proceed with the game. I never experienced any major glitch or bug, but I want to be on the safe side just in case.

Sooo are we thinking early June for more news? That's kinda been the norm over the years, so that's what I'm assuming.

Early June is the "E3" time period despite it not happening this year. Even if Nintendo doesn't have a Direct, it's possible for a Pokemon Presents to happen sometime during the summer.

There's lack of any mention of Machop or its evolutions in this thread. Good thing I started a petition for Game Freak to make that happen in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero.

This trailer kind of makes me worried that the friends from the main Paldea landmass will be shoved aside for the new characters and that the new Kitakami trainers will be stuck on their landmass. I was kind of hoping Blueberry Academy would allow us to interact with a combination of both the Paldea companions and the Kitakami siblings for a six person group confronting Terapagos (hexagon symbolism), especially since Blueberry Academy seems to be only available after completing both the Paldea storyline and the Kitakami storyline (at least that's what I've heard).

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-06-21 170641.png

I love this guy already for some reason.

This trailer kind of makes me worried that the friends from the main Paldea landmass will be shoved aside for the new characters and that the new Kitakami trainers will be stuck on their landmass.

Somewhere on this forum, I said that, unfortunately, I believed, since the announcement of the DLCs, that this was the case given what was delivered to us in the Sword and Shield DLCs.

Sadly, Game Freak only intends to develop their characters to a certain extent.

I really didn't think we'd get a trailer for this today but here it is. I am liking what's been shown off of both DLC's so far, but I have to say my favorite part was seeing some of the old returning Pokemon. Heck, I nearly squeled when I heard Sentret's cry. I can not wait to shiny hunt for a Furret.

Both the new areas look like they'll be really fun to explore. Kitakami looks big, and while similar to Paldea (probably because of their relatively close proximity if that unreachable land in the Northeast corner of Paldea is this new land), but it does have it's differences. It doesn't look like hit has as much verticality, but the mountains it does have feature unique shapes. The terrarium is really cool though. While it does look like it could be on the smaller side, I really like the stark contrasts it has between the different sections, with literal lines dividing them.

We didn't see too much into the features of these new areas, though it's clear that the second DLC seems a little more battle focused while the first looks like it will focus a bit more on exploration and story. I'm sure both will be enjoyable in their own ways.

I'm still a little too deep into post TOTK hype to get really excited for this new trailer, but it was great to see the DLC again, and I really am looking forward to exploring these new areas and catching a whole bunch of different Pokemon.

This trailer kind of makes me worried that the friends from the main Paldea landmass will be shoved aside for the new characters and that the new Kitakami trainers will be stuck on their landmass. I was kind of hoping Blueberry Academy would allow us to interact with a combination of both the Paldea companions and the Kitakami siblings for a six person group confronting Terapagos (hexagon symbolism), especially since Blueberry Academy seems to be only available after completing both the Paldea storyline and the Kitakami storyline (at least that's what I've heard).
Hop appeared in the post-game for the IoA and that wasn't shown in the pre-release material. And besides, one of the Blueberry kids is a chef. It'd be a waste to have them and Arven not interact.

On another note, it seems that Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti might be part Poison-type if their Toxic Chain ability is anything to go by.

The ability itself sounds pretty OP. I wonder if they’ll be banned/restricted because of it.

That being said, anyone want to take a guess at their other typings?

Back
Top Bottom