• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think you already know," Rui muttered, the electricity dissipating from her hand as she gestured to the barrier. "Though, I probably shouldn't be standing too close. Kinda makes me sick, you know?"

"It still wasn't right for you to just run off like that without telling us," Alejandra frowned at her, before noticing what the others were saying.

"I think they figured us out," Lorenzo pointed out, nodding to the others as a way to tell them to reveal themselves. He walked forward, standing in front of the other group with his hands up. "Now don't be alarmed, we're just a group of nice people out on a little trek. In fact, I think it's for the same reason you're here."

Rui sighed upon hearing Nix. "I think my job here is done, I can't stand that fucking barrier." Rui muttered, wanting to slink away as inconspicuously as possible. However, she glanced at the other group, Xavier especially. She suddenly felt like disappearing.

She didn't typically electrocute someone without being provoked. Xavier was an obvious defiance of that rule, and a bit of shame ran through her body at the fact.

"Wait, you're not leaving just yet," Alejandra said, grabbing Rui by the arm as she turned towards Lorenzo. "Were you guys looking for the barrier too?"

"Yep," Lorenzo nodded his head, crossing his arms as he looked around. "This where it is? I kind of expected something...I don't know, just anything," he then turned towards Freya. "Does your power allow you to feel energy too?"

Daphne rolled her eyes. There was no need for people to hide their motives around her, something that Lorenzo and Alejandra clearly realized.

Xavier nodded. He didn't notice Rui and her discomfort.

A weak zap of electricity ran off her arm and into Lexi's a force of habit for the electromaster whenever someone initiated unexpected contact. Rui mumbled an apology under her breath, slipping away from the PSI user and massaging her forearm.

"Why do you even need me here? I'm good at killing monsters, and that's about it. Clearly doesn't seem to be your type of motive," Rui inquired with a rough voice, glancing expectantly at Lexi. "Also, the energy from the barrier is kind of making the electricity in my body run backwards. Makes me feel kinda sick."

"I don't see why you want non Skill Users here," Nico said. "When there are obviously more qualified people..." he trailed off.

"Different perspectives, different strengths," Crimson responded to Nico. "You don't need a skill to be strong. I have a friend with no skill and he is mute, that never kept him back."
Crimson look at Rui.
"I think that's exactly why Lexa wanted you here," he spoke about her comment.
He stop before he said anything else, something was bothering him. There were no creatures among them
"Wait, everyone," he said. "Don't you think it's weird? We're super close to the barrier and neither of our groups have encounter a creature at all. Rui, didn't you say this place would be swarming with creatures?"

Alejandra moved back upon feeling Rui's shock, causing her to rub at her hand.

"What he said," Lorenzo pointed out as he glanced at Nico before pondering on what Crimson said. "Wait...that is a very good point," he noted, becoming to feel uneasy. "You guys didn't see anything on your way here?"

Crimson stopped and ponder for a few moments, before coming up on something.
"Okay, after I say this I might be deemed crazy," he began. "But what if, the barrier isn't weakening at all? What if all the creature's were here in Bahia the entire time. Just hidden from us humans."
'It would explain why Luna still can't get into Bahia,' he wanted to add.

Crimson was going to snapped back at that insult but he didn't want to make this argument worse for him.
"What I mean is like the creatures were in a hidden slumber. That's why the residents never found out about them sooner, they weren't active or easy to find," he explained. "It's a possibility, a unlikely one but it is one. Just a simple, crazy theory."

"I thought you said you were born and raised here!?" Crimson question Nix. "Like I said it was a just a theory. God forbid you guys take a grain of salt. Or just take a completely different look at things sometimes."
Crimson walked over to the nearest tree and laid his back on it.
"What's your guys take on this? Like you guys would listen or trust me, you all hate me anyways. Stupid Asperger's syndrome!"

"Okay, what the actual fuck, man," Rui muttered, her tone one of underlying agitation. "Calm the fuck down. The last thing we need is you doing something stupid because you got too emotional." She glanced back towards the barrier, swallowing the bile in her throat. "I can't sense another creature for at least a mile out, anyway."

"Why are we assuming anything would be here anyways. The barrier still works. So shouldn't we be able to assume that maybe it's not easy to get through. Or maybe just certain types of magic can go through. This area may not even be weak. What if there are some areas stronger than others? We could test for that. Have a magic user cross it or a friendly creature. "

"As for why there are no creatures around, maybe they don't like the barrier. Several of us are uncomfortable and we're human. Most creatures have much better senses than us. Thus they could probably tell this is here from farther away than us. And usually humans they avoid stuff that gives uncomfortable feelings. That is ignoring the more humanoid ones. But even those ones might avoid this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom