• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Hey everyone,
So I was planning on using an Imposter Ditto, but I don't know if you have to EV train/level it up for it to do its best in competitive play?

No need to EV train as it copies your opponent's EVs. I would level since it doesn't copy the levels.

Hey everyone,
So I was planning on using an Imposter Ditto, but I don't know if you have to EV train/level it up for it to do its best in competitive play?

No need to EV train as it copies your opponent's EVs. I would level since it doesn't copy the levels.

Even though it copies EV's would you still need one with good Iv's? Curious to this as well

Hey everyone,

Even though it copies EV's would you still need one with good Iv's? Curious to this as well

I believe that you'll need one with good IVs as well.

This has been bugging me for quite a while: Why are pokemon with Mega evolutions in the same tier as their mega evolutions, despite clearly belonging in a lower tier if they aren't holding a mega stone?

Ex. Why can't I use Life Orb Mawile in NU? Or Choice Specs Manectric in RU? (According to Smogon, anyway)

This has been bugging me for quite a while: Why are pokemon with Mega evolutions in the same tier as their mega evolutions, despite clearly belonging in a lower tier if they aren't holding a mega stone?

Ex. Why can't I use Life Orb Mawile in NU? Or Choice Specs Manectric in RU? (According to Smogon, anyway)

Because tiers are based on usage. To use MMawile, you have to bring Mawile-N into a battle. Bans, on the other hand, are based on power, which is why Gengarite is banned but Gengar is not.

Poor SubPunch Breloom's viability went down after the Spore nerf :(

Not to say it's unusable, just not as good as last gen.

Do you need to level a Pokemon to 100 before you play online? Or does it even out the levels, so I just need to worry about EVs and moves?

Depends on the chosen settings ("rules"). If you chose "Normal rules", all Pokemon above lv 50 will be brought to lv 50, if you choose "Flat rules", all Pokemon will be at whatever level they really are, up to 100.

In the Battle Spot and most official online tournaments, the stats of Pokemon above level 50 are automatically scaled down to level 50 (or whichever level is chosen as the rules for that specific online play). This does not necessarily mean, however, that moves at level 50 will do the same damage as they would at level 100.

Can you receive a event Pokémon more than once if you reset your game?

You can soft reset until you get the right stats and nature (I tried to do it with the US Pokéball Vivillon, but got bored with it) but you can't get it multiple times.

Excuse me but I have some questions that I like to ask of you guys. What is the best nature for an Iron Fist Infernape? Does it have to have 6 Max Ivs? What is the great moveset for Infernape?

Excuse me but I have some questions that I like to ask of you guys. What is the best nature for an Iron Fist Infernape? Does it have to have 6 Max Ivs? What is the great moveset for Infernape?

If you are planning on using a Physical Infernape you want an Adamant or Jolly nature, with perfect IVs unnecessary for the Sp. Atk stat. If you want to run a Mixed Nape set (the one I personally prefer) you would use either a Hasty or Naive nature, and in this case 6IVs would be ideal but can be forgone in the stat hindered by the nature (Defense for Hasty/Sp.Def for Naive). A soley special set could work as well but would be a waste with Iron Fist.

As for movesets, the physical one works most effectively with a muscle band or choice band, using moves like Close Combat/Mach Punch, U-Turn, Fake Out, Flare Blitz/Fire Punch, and Thunder Punch. For Mixed Nape, slap on a Life Orb and replace any of those moves (no more than two) for Overheat/Fire Blast, HP Ice, or Focus Blast; based on your preferences and the needs of your team.

If you are planning on using a Physical Infernape you want an Adamant or Jolly nature, with perfect IVs unnecessary for the Sp. Atk stat. If you want to run a Mixed Nape set (the one I personally prefer) you would use either a Hasty or Naive nature, and in this case 6IVs would be ideal but can be forgone in the stat hindered by the nature (Defense for Hasty/Sp.Def for Naive). A soley special set could work as well but would be a waste with Iron Fist.

As for movesets, the physical one works most effectively with a muscle band or choice band, using moves like Close Combat/Mach Punch, U-Turn, Fake Out, Flare Blitz/Fire Punch, and Thunder Punch. For Mixed Nape, slap on a Life Orb and replace any of those moves (no more than two) for Overheat/Fire Blast, HP Ice, or Focus Blast; based on your preferences and the needs of your team.

Hmm. If I have an Infernape that has the ability "Iron Fist", then Adamant or Jolly nature will do. Right? One more question, what is the best nature,and moveset for Mew?

Mew is a pokemon so versatile that answering that question in the usual sense is impossible. However, you can ask what the best moveset for Mew is if you're having it take a specific role. Mew can be a wall, a bulky defogger, a lure, pretty much anything.

The stallbreaker with Knock Off, Taunt, Roost, and something else (Will-O-Wisp iirc) is generally considered the most OU viable Mew set.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom