• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

You will get the Pal Pad after you get the first badge, the Zephyr Badge.

Can i trade before that if i have 2 systems close together?
I believe so, you can trade between two systems close by as long as you have the Pokedex and at least 2 Pokemon in your party.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hi, do Ekans or Arbok appear anywhere in the Black Version 2? I know that neither can be caught in the wild, but I was hoping to run into a trainer with one so I can register it in the Pokedex and request one on the Global Trade.

Hi, do Ekans or Arbok appear anywhere in the Black Version 2? I know that neither can be caught in the wild, but I was hoping to run into a trainer with one so I can register it in the Pokedex and request one on the Global Trade.

I just realized that Pokemon in Pokemon World Tournament aren't registered in the Pokedex; I batted Janine and Erika and their Pokemon went registered. I thought I'd be able to register Arbok from Janine and then request it in a trade. I'll have to find a trading forum and ask for an Ekans.

Last edited by a moderator:

You know when a Pokemon is sent out, the screen shakes when Pokemon hit the ground? And the heavier the Pokemon, the more the screen shakes or whatever? And at a curtain weight, the Pokemon is so heavy, when it sent out and hits the ground, it stures up little dust clouds around it?

My question is, does anyone know how much a Pokemon needs to weigh, to only shake the screen a little, and so on?

I just realized that Pokemon in Pokemon World Tournament aren't registered in the Pokedex; I batted Janine and Erika and their Pokemon went registered. I thought I'd be able to register Arbok from Janine and then request it in a trade. I'll have to find a trading forum and ask for an Ekans.
Unfortunately that's right. It isn't in any of the four main series Generation V games at all, nor is it available on Dream World. You can transfer one from Heart Gold (where it's a Game Corner prize) or Soul Silver (where it's on Route 3) through. It's also an uncommon find in Johto Safari Zone.

You know when a Pokemon is sent out, the screen shakes when Pokemon hit the ground? And the heavier the Pokemon, the more the screen shakes or whatever? And at a curtain weight, the Pokemon is so heavy, when it sent out and hits the ground, it stures up little dust clouds around it?

My question is, does anyone know how much a Pokemon needs to weigh, to only shake the screen a little, and so on?

I'm not sure if there are different weight groups specifically for this animation, but there are three different weight groups (Lightweights, Middleweights, and Heavy/Super Heavyweights) that correlate with the three different landing animations for battles. This could give you a general idea of the weight range required for each one.

Which legendary do you recommend I use the Master Ball on in Black 2? I already caught Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Zekrom, and Kyurem so far without using it. I heard there are no roaming legendaries in this game, so should I just save my Master Ball for another game or is there something I should use it for in Black 2?

As far as I know you dont need to use it at all. I personally save Master Balls for Roamers, since there are none, I am choosing not to use it. You can use it for whatever you choose in B2, you could certainly use it for one of the legendaries if one of them is really hard to catch or something, it's up to you.

You could also save it in case you happen to run into a random Shiny (as in, besides the Haxorus and Gible) to make sure you can catch it without problem. But yeah, since there are no roaming legendaries, there's no real reason to use it besides ease of capture.

Also, just thought I should mention that it is possible to get more Master Balls in game:
1) The Raffle Shop at Join Avenue has it as a top prize (luck-based).
2) You can get one more from Colress after beating him on Route 18.

It's hard to find out if a similar question to this has already been asked, but when competing in the PWT (or anywhere else where your Pokémon's level defaults to 50), how do you know how much your Pokémon's stats will decrease?

It's hard to find out if a similar question to this has already been asked, but when competing in the PWT (or anywhere else where your Pokémon's level defaults to 50), how do you know how much your Pokémon's stats will decrease?

Here's the formula for determining stats. Since the level is the only thing being changed for these Lv. 50 All battles, the stats are decreased by roughly 1-[50/(Lvl)]. For example, a Pokémon at Lvl. 100 would see their stats go down by about half, while a Lv. 75 one would have their stats reduced by about a third.

Okay so I'm a bit confused about battles. Did they make it so you lose your turn if you don't respond quickly enough in Gen V?
I'll be battling and after I select my Pokemon's move I'll stop to get some work done, and when I select my Pokemon's next move my opponent ALWAYS moves first. Even if I know mine is faster. Even when I know they JUST attacked me. This only seems to happen when I play snippets of Pokemon while working (journalist, write my stories from home). Playing back through HeartGold and when I pause to do something else it always does the proper attack order. I'm wondering if they're penalizing taking too long to respond now.

No, the games don't do that. Chances are the Pokemon have the same speed and whoever goes first is decided randomly, or your Pokemon received a speed reduction in the turn.

Where to train for the Elite Four in Black 1?

I've mainly been training at the bottom of Victory Road, but the most I can get is about 100exp per battle.
Is there anywhere that gives better experience than there?

Re: Where to train for the Elite Four in Black 1?

The Pokemon used by the trainers in the sports stadiums in Nimbasa City are in the high level 40s at that point in the game, so it's a good idea to use them every day for grinding.

Re: Where to train for the Elite Four in Black 1?

The Pokemon used by the trainers in the sports stadiums in Nimbasa City are in the high level 40s at that point in the game, so it's a good idea to use them every day for grinding.

Thanks a lot!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom