• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Can you trade eggs via the Global Trade Center? I'm getting Black2 soon, and I'd like to ask someone to breed me an egg XDD

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Question about the Red / Blue in-game time...

I see some websites listing some memory addesses for the playtime as:
DA40 - hours
DA41 - hours
DA42 - minutes
DA43 - minutes
DA44 - seconds
DA45 - frames

So my question... why do minutes and hours each have 2 bytes? Minutes using 2 bytes makes no sense because there's only 60 possible outcomes. As for hours... the game doesn't seem to actually use both bytes (I tried changing one... I think the one at DA40... and it had no effect on the in-game clock). Anyone know what these second bytes are used for?

Can Torment's restricting effect be inherited through Baton Pass? The internet didn't provide me with a satisfactory answer.

Thanks for answering in advance.

Last edited:
Blaziken Hidden Ability Breeding?

Ok so I'm about to rip my hair out, hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to be able to breed Blazikens with Speed Boost ability

I have a female Blaziken with the hidden ability Speed Boost, I have her holding an everstone in order to pass on her nature which is the one I want the children to have.
Now for the male, I've tried using a Blaziken (with Blaze ability) holding a power bracer to pass on his attack IV --- after breeding a boat load (more than a full box's worth) of those, and not having a single one born with Speed Boost, I thought maybe it was because you needed the male to be a different species but from the same egg group, so I tried using a Typhlosion (again holding a power bracer) only to have the same result.

bulbapedia says there is a 60% chance of passing the hidden ability on, but I've literally bred 60+ of these little buggers and not a single one has gotten the hidden ability.
Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing some step?

Re: Blaziken Hidden Ability Breeding?

How'd you get a female DW Blaziken? I thought we only got males? not sure why though... you should have gotten a SB Torchic by now...

@Luc

I wonder if there's some mechanic in the game that specifically identifies a Hidden Ability as just that rather than some Ability. If so, that mechanic might not be there on your undoubtedly-hacked Blaziken.

I just downloaded Pokedex 3D Pro. How do I delete the original Pokedex 3D to get more room on my memory card?

If the Blaziken you got is hacked somehow (which I'm certain it is), it would never produce a Torchic with the hidden ability it was given. It is seriously impossible to make a hacked Pokemon with a hidden ability embedded in its code. So, even if you hacked the Torchic and made it have that hidden ability, it will not keep it up. In other words, once it evolves to Combuskin, it will lose Speed Boost, and have Blaze instead.

A thing with the Timer Balls...

CAUTION: THIS POST CONTAINS POST GAME SPOILERS REGARDING LEGENDARY ENCOUNTERS!

So earlier on, I was doing the post game battles, trying to capture the dragons of Black 2. Logically, I first go and tackle Reshiram. My battle plan was a simple one. I throw out Roserade first to get it to sleep, beat it down a bit with my Espeon and Crobat so it's in the red, then resend out my Roserade to set it back to sleep before catching it. It must have been the 7th or 8th turn I caught it. I used a Timer Ball but I noticed an obscurity about it. When I threw it, it made a different sound than normal, upon encapsulating Reshiram it made a subtle animation. It then only shook once before successfully capturing it.

I'd never actually encountered this effect before but dismissed it as Timer Ball animation routines just being handled differently or something. N then informed me that Kyurem had returned to Giant Chasm, so I proceeded there next. The battle began by following relatively the same routine (albeit a bit harder because Grasswhistle has a habit of missing and Kyurem has a habit of bringing pain to Roserade). I had a significantly larger amount of turns but one thing I noticed was despite at first trying to catch Kyurem under the same conditions as Reshiram (and failing) and eventually catching it in a Timer Ball regardless, I could never replicate that effect Reshiram's Ball had.

Confused, I checked Bulbapedia's Poké Ball page and found no reference to this. Can anyone enlighten me to what actually happened?

Re: A thing with the Timer Balls...

Interesting. What a nice little feature they snuck in, and what luck that it was my first ball against a legendary.

Does Gyro Ball suffer any damage penalty if the Pokémon is holding a Quick Claw?

Does Gyro Ball suffer any damage penalty if the Pokémon is holding a Quick Claw?

No. Gyro Ball's damage is still based on how low your Speed stat is compared to the foe whilst Quick Claw is only giving your move priority for that round.

If an opponent uses Swagger on my Pokémon, do I keep the Attack increase after I snap out of the confusion or do I lose it?

If an opponent uses Swagger on my Pokémon, do I keep the Attack increase after I snap out of the confusion or do I lose it?

You keep the attack increase.

No. Gyro Ball's damage is still based on how low your Speed stat is compared to the foe whilst Quick Claw is only giving your move priority for that round.

Thank you!

Are Steel-type Pokémon affected by Toxic Spikes?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom