• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Ah, thanks, Soki! Yes, I had seen this one already, but idk who to believe.

My main question about this is about the RATES/ODDS.

With Poke Radar in XY, when you reach 40 chaining consecutive encounters, you reach the maximum odds of finding a shiny: 1/200 rate.

In XY Friend Safari, the odds are always 1/512 iirc.

What are the odds in ORAS? According to that guy, they are around 1/308 on the Dex Nav, without the need to chain consecutive Pokemon. But he also mentions the odds could be lower, around the XY Friend Safari rate of 1/512. So I am kinda crazy to know atm xD

Yes, only the internet-based connections are shut down for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on Wii and Nintendo DS/DSi (though apparently, the DSiWare shop and Wii Shop Channel remain online). You will still be able to trade locally using the Infrared and regular Wireless (depending on the game, obviously), so don't worry, your games haven't been locked out of double-system single-user tradebacks between two systems, lol

Thanks!

Hi I'm starting to eV train my pokemon
Starting with deino iv battled 5 hourd of sandshrew and give my deino a power Belt to boost it's defence I'm wondering when do you no with the stat with maxed here the stats it did have and it has now 5attack.6defense.6sp.atk.6sp.def.6sped
Now his stats are 20attack.26defence.19sp.atk.19sp.def.18speed

Last edited:
Hi I'm starting to eV train my pokemon
Starting with deino iv battled 5 hourd of sandshrew and give my deino a power Belt to boost it's defence I'm wondering when do you no with the stat with maxed here the stats it did have and it has now 5attack.6defense.6sp.atk.6sp.def.6sped
Now his stats are 19attack.24defence.18sp.atk.18sp.def.17speed
Actually, you don't need to bother with the math. The super training chart for deino will keep track of it for you. If you're not sure even after several battles, just jump into a defense super training real quick. If you get nothing from it, then Deino has all 252 evs his defense can have.

How many hearts dose eevee need to have to evolve in to umbreon? It keeps evolving in to syleon

It's not the hearts in Pokemon-Amie, it's friendship (which is completely unrelated to Pokemon-Amie). So you have to walk around a lot with your Eevee in your party to make it friendly towards you, then evolve it at night. This will take a decent length of time, so what I usually do is put pokemon I need to increase the friendship of in my party while I'm hatching eggs but you can also just ride back and forth on your bike on a really long road for awhile.

A good way to test if its friendship is high enough (besides friendship rater NPC whose locations I can't remember off the top of my head) is to save first, then give it a rare candy and see if it evolves. If it doesn't just reset and keep walking.

How many hearts dose eevee need to have to evolve in to umbreon? It keeps evolving in to syleon

To add to what @dragon_nataku said, if you want him to gain friendship quickly you might want to do this:
-Attach a soothe bell to it, battle with it and well making it level up in battles.
-Give it vitamins or EV stats reducing berries.
-Use the soothing bag (Supertraining).
-Give him colorful shake, rare soda or ultra rare soda from the berry shop (X Y only)

Forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure once you get 2 or more hearts for an Eevee in Pokemon-Amie it nullifies your ability to evolve it into Umbreon/Espeon (cause Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon are stone evolves so that overrides the hearts, and I think Mossy/Icy Rock also overrides the hearts, but since Sylveon, Umbreon, and Espeon are evolved via levelling under specific circumstances you're only going to get that specific Eevee to evolve into Sylveon if you've got the hearts and you can't undo the Pokemon-Amie hearts). I ran into this problem once and ended up WonderTrading it away cause I already had a Sylveon.

Forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure once you get 2 or more hearts for an Eevee in Pokemon-Amie it nullifies your ability to evolve it into Umbreon/Espeon...
No, in addition to Pokemon-Amie Eevee also needs to know a Fairy-type move (such as Baby-Doll Eyes, which it learns by level up) to become Sylveon.

Does item drop when the holder faints?
This isn't your traditional RPG, hehe. You're gonna need to catch the Pokémon or use a move such as Trick or Thief in order to obtain the held item of a Wild Pokémon. The Frisk Ability should assist in this regard if you have access to it, in order to find out if the opposing Pokémon has the item you're looking for. What item are you looking for anyway?
As happiness also raises by walking (as 256 steps = 1 happiness), let's say I have a Togepi and Eevee on my team at once, and both are lv. 1. If I walk 65280 steps by doing literally nothing, does it reach to 255 Happiness and evolve after a battle?
If you're willing to go the distance, then yes! A level-up from max happiness at Level 1, no matter how it is achieved, should yield you your friendship-based evolutions.

Since you're playing on HeartGold, it's not a particularly easy job to get easier methods of increasing friendship values, but if you can, I highly recommend you grow the EV-reducing berries - that should speed up the process significantly!

Hey y'all. I just finished up with Pokemon Green on the VC, and I'm moving into Blue now.
I was wondering if anyone knew a good supplement that would give me pokemon capture information for Blue?
I only have a japanese 3Ds, so I'm playing the JP version of Blue. From what I can tell, Bulbapedia only offers info on the US versions of Red&Blue, which differs slightly from the JP version of Blue.

Any help would be appreciated, or if I'm wrong about Bulbapedia, let me know!

EDIT: websites in English or Japanese are OK! :) (I can also do some German, I just don't like it)

Hey guys, a question. I randomly read somewhere (maybe on Bulbapedia) that some Pokemon from previous generations are not included in the selection of the Battle Subway. So, you can never face them there.
Is this also a thing in the Battle Maison in Gen VI, or did they include all possible Pokemon in the Maison?

Hey guys, a question. I randomly read somewhere (maybe on Bulbapedia) that some Pokemon from previous generations are not included in the selection of the Battle Subway. So, you can never face them there.
Is this also a thing in the Battle Maison in Gen VI, or did they include all possible Pokemon in the Maison?

I think so, here's a list of the Pokémon you can face in the Maison, so all other Pokémon are not included.

Thank you @Soki!

According to this, the normal line and the Super Line have two completely different selection lists.

What surprises me, is that fully evolved Pokemon like Sharpedo, Primeape, Dragalge, etc are only available in the Normal line, and not during Super Line. I certainly think a Life Orb Sharpedo, or Wise Glasses Dragalge should be in Super Line as well, but for some reason they are not. Anyway, I guess this way, at least doing the normal line isn't completely pointless, as you can face different Pokemon than those in Super Line...

Last edited:
Okay so....

I have Mew on Y and tried to transfer it to X using GTS - obviously didnt work as Legendary Pokemon are banned!

Anyways, this was a few days ago and I come back to X and the pokemon I put into GTS has been traded - for MEW!!!!!

How is this possible?!

Just to clarify, the only way that a Pokemon loses its item is that if its used during battle. Keep this in mind if you hold your Pokemon with rare held items and rare berries. Especially those held items you buy at the Battle Resort/Frontier/Subway/Tower/Maison. They will only replenish after battling in those battle facilities mentioned, as well as the Battle Institute, and battling in multiplayer/online.

TL;DR: Unless you battle online or in the post-game facilities, your 'one use only' held items will be gone forever if they are used in battle by the Pokemon you use.

PS: Recycle can replenish those lost items though, but only once per battle. They cannot replenish the items lost via the use of an opponent's use of Bug Bite or Pluck. Keep this in mind for making strategies for competitive battling, where this can be a useful thing to do, even if online battles don't apply the rule of 'held item lost forever'.

Okay so....

I have Mew on Y and tried to transfer it to X using GTS - obviously didnt work as Legendary Pokemon are banned!

Anyways, this was a few days ago and I come back to X and the pokemon I put into GTS has been traded - for MEW!!!!!

How is this possible?!
If I understood correctly you asked for a mew in the GTS when looking to trasfer it between your versions, forgot to take it out and got one?

Legendary pokémon aren't banned, what's banned it's event pokémon (aka ribbon ones).
Since the GTS system only searches for the ribbon when filtering pokémon, as long as they don't have it you can trade any event pokémon like mew, darkrai, keldeo and meloetta.

There's a couple of mew events that doesn't have the ribbon though (gen III events except the Pokémon Ranch one), so they are legal and tradeable.
If not the one traded to you got the ribbon externally removed to be able to pass through.

Last edited:
@Captain Meerkat I do wonder why you didn't think to ask someone else for their assistance here on the forums, but I assume you don't have Pokémon Bank to make transfers easy?

Pertaining to Pokémon Battle Revolution, does anyone know whether the Zoom Lens has its DP effect (increasing the critical hit ratio if the holder goes after the target) or its Platinum onward effect (increasing move accuracy by 20% if the holder goes after the target)?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom