• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If I trade a Pokemon from the GTS, how can I know if it's Hacked?

So the Dream World - I seem to be missing something. I go in, tend to the berries, go to the Islands of Dreams, go through the route, come out and leave with only one DW Poke. Can I then tuck in another 'mon and go back in?

If I trade a Pokemon from the GTS, how can I know if it's Hacked?

You can't normally, but sometimes there is something that gives it away, like a starter in a ball that isn't a Pokéball, or a Pokémon caught on a route that it doesn't appear on.

So the Dream World - I seem to be missing something. I go in, tend to the berries, go to the Islands of Dreams, go through the route, come out and leave with only one DW Poke. Can I then tuck in another 'mon and go back in?

Yeah, in 24 hours.

So one DW route and leave with one DW Poke in 24 hours is right? Hmmm.....Thank you.
If the route you went on isn't satisfactory to you, you can go to "Return to my home" before you reach the Dream Tree and go to the Dream Isle again. You can do this about 4-5 times before nothing starts to show up.

Are shiny pokemon more likly to win contests?

Im just curious because I have afew shiny pokemon in my team and I do contests alot :kawaii:

Re: Are shiny pokemon more likly to win contests?

I don't think shininess affects the results of contests. It's pretty much just a special recoloring that otherwise does not affect gameplay.

Can someone explain the move "Guillotine" to me please? I was playing against someone today over wi-fi with a Gliscor, that used Sustitute->Guillotine->Guillotine->Guillotine, and all those three times of Guillotine, he knocked one of my pokemon?

Edit: Is there any type of move, ability, something that would benefit it?:banghead:

Can someone explain the move "Guillotine" to me please? I was playing against someone today over wi-fi with a Gliscor, that used Sustitute->Guillotine->Guillotine->Guillotine, and all those three times of Guillotine, he knocked one of my pokemon?

Edit: Is there any type of move, ability, something that would benefit it?:banghead:
All three hit, or only one?

Guillotine's a Normal-type instant-kill move, Accuracy 30%
Ghost-types, and others with the ability Sturdy are protected. Also, anything higher-leveled than the user can't be touched, and anything lower is easier to hit (moot point when everyone is 50)

In pokemon BW, can we use the single pokemon leveling strategy?

If by that, you mean raising one Pokémon up to ridiculously high levels by only training it and no others, then yes, it is still a viable strategy for getting through the game. However, due to the way they revamped the EXP system, it's actually (in theory) easier to raise up a strong team to the same level than it is to get an individual to a higher level.

Can't Get to the Resort Area

You know how there are two guys who block the way to the resort area if you don't have the National Dex? well i have the national dex, and I can't get there because the two guys are blocking the way. I used a DS AR to get pokemon in the national dex, the rare candies, 900 of every item... Is my game fucked up for life??? If I restart it, will the effects go away? Do I even have to restart it???

Re: Can't Get to the Resort Area

You can NOT go there yet. You have to head north and go to the Survival area, then keep going around the entire island and enter the Resort Area from the other side. Is the Battle Area the only part of the island you've been to so far?

I probably should have asked this first, but:
You are talking about Diamon/Pearl/Platinum, right?

Use only 1 pokemon from the beggining till the end to progress to the game
If you're allowed to catch other Pokémon then it is (you have to catch Reshiram/Zekrom). Otherwise, due to the lack of HM moves (Except the use of strength once) for the main story, it's even easier.

My game is platinum. Your sure that I have to go all the way around the island?

You have to go around. I wondered why the guys were blocking that area when I first played Platinum, but I went all the way around Survival area.

How about you finish the Stark Mountain quest and try again from the Battle area? Who knows, maybe you have to do that first.

I tried that... They say that I need more BP... I'm starting to think about restarting my game... Do I have to???

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom