• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

There's a den in Hammerlocke Hills that I like to use for finding Slurpuff, which usually only contains Fairy-type Pokemon. Today, however, I've found a (non-Gigantamax) Drednaw and Orbeetle in there as well. I haven't activated Wild Area News, and even if I had, neither of those Pokemon are part of the current event. Is this a glitch, or could it be because I messed around with the time and date on my Switch last night?

Last edited:
There's a den in Hammerlocke Hills that I like to use for finding Slurpuff, which usually only contains Fairy-type Pokemon. Today, however, I've found a (non-Gigantamax) Drednaw and Orbeetle in there as well. I haven't activated Wild Area News, and even if I had, neither of those Pokemon are part of the current event. Is this a glitch, or could it be because I messed around with the time and date on my Switch last night?

My guess is it has something to do with this event, which despite what Bulbapedia says, I don't think has ever actually ended. When Serebii posted about it, he described it as lasting "from now until an unspecified date."

My guess is it has something to do with this event, which despite what Bulbapedia says, I don't think has ever actually ended. When Serebii posted about it, he described it as lasting "from now until an unspecified date."

I found some more Drednaw and a Centiskorch in some other dens, so I think you're probably right! I must have unknowingly updated Wild Area News when I downloaded the shiny Zamazenta from Mystery Gift.

Why can I not nickname the Shiny Zamazenta? Is it because of the Classic Ribbon? There is no mention of any other restrictions on nicknaming other than you can't nickname already nicknamed Pokemon from a different OT.

What Pokemon do the Team Galactic Grunts use in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Bulbapedia just has the lists for the originals and Platinum.

They have exactly the same teams as in the original DP, down to the same levels, just with updated moves. So that's probably why Bulbapedia hasn't updated the Team Galactic Grunts page. Hope that helps.

They have exactly the same teams as in the original DP, down to the same levels, just with updated moves. So that's probably why Bulbapedia hasn't updated the Team Galactic Grunts page. Hope that helps.
Thanks. That makes sense. It would be a bit redundant if the Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl teams were included on the page if they are the same.

Would it be a problem if I decided to use the starter in a challenge where I can only use Pokémon that the grunts of an evil team use (none of which use starters)? I ask because an idea I have kind of requires it. I will change it if needed.

Well, that one's kinda up to you it seems. But if you're being true to your challenge, then yes it would be a problem, because no evil team in the games uses any form of a starter that I know of (except Colosseum with the Shadow Johto starters.)

Well, that one's kinda up to you it seems. But if you're being true to your challenge, then yes it would be a problem, because no evil team in the games uses any form of a starter that I know of (except Colosseum with the Shadow Johto starters.)
Yeah. I mean, a youtuber I watch went through Let's Go Pikachu as a team Rocket Grunt, and he used Pikachu even though no Team Rocket members from any of the Kanto-based games use one. I guess for the STORY I have in mind, it's fine.

Question
as said in the title: Is the smoke ball item one time use?

I'm currently shiny hunting in SS and am using a lower level pokemon with static to combine the better electric encounter rate with the repel trick, but this means escape is not guaranteed so i have to switch out to run. i know that the smoke ball allows escape when held, but is it used like a berry or is it unlimited like a poison barb or hard stone?

I would test it myself but I'm not at a point where I can obtain one, and don't want to move on till i get this shiny

Thank you in advance!!

I think we should update this to questions Gen 1-8.

But anyway, I have three questions:

1. The music in HGSS. Why does the music restart when flying over to a different city/town when they both share the same music while the music kept on playing during FRLG?
2. And why don’t they have city/town themes in buildings on routes in HGSS but they do in ORAS?
3. As of Generation 7, if the player does stuff, they say stuff like “You got {prize money}” and “You found {item’s name}.” But why have they still used third person (even when using switching move) or during a Dynamaxing/Gigantamxing Battle. Should it be “{Pokémon’s nickname} went back to you.” or “You were swept out of the den.”

This should be an easy question to answer because I feel so ditzy right now ...

In Emerald, what are some examples of places that have rocky terrain? Mostly thinking in terms of seeing Nature Power turn into Rock Slide.

A couple of Cutiefly's PokéDex entries mention that it can see auras. This could have massive lore implications... but not all auras are the aura. Lucario's aura is called hadou, while things like the Kalos legendaries' abilities and the move Aura Wheel use the English word for "aura" in their Japanese names. Does anyone know what word these PokéDex entries use in Japanese?

A couple of Cutiefly's PokéDex entries mention that it can see auras. This could have massive lore implications... but not all auras are the aura. Lucario's aura is called hadou, while things like the Kalos legendaries' abilities and the move Aura Wheel use the English word for "aura" in their Japanese names. Does anyone know what word these PokéDex entries use in Japanese?
Just checked on the Japanese partner of Bulbapedia. They also use "aura" for Cutiefly.

花のミツや 花粉が 餌。オーラを 感じる 力を 持ち 咲きそうな 花を 見分けている。
はなのミツや かふんが えさ。オーラを かんじる ちからを もち さきそうな はなを みわけている。

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom