• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM042: Alola at Kanto! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Exactly.
Still sucks through because this is a PokePorblem many REALLY want to see outside of Japan

This is one of many things that make me sad about the lack of an official sub - the "extras" that get cut are often relevant to the story. Even the opening and ending songs sometimes are.

Well to be fair with the Poke Problem segments. It gives us things we already know. We already know that Forrest is the Gym Leader and we already know that Misty's sisters sometimes wander off and act self-centred.

TPCi doesn't have an excuse to not dub these kinds of things, they could just post them online after an episode airs and/or include them on the DVDs as bonus material.

Damn you, American runtime constraints! :mad: *shakes fist*
I don't know, they don't seem to have any troubles extending the "To Be Continued" screen.
Not to mention other shows have a similar runtime yet with much longer intros.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but judging by the screenshots and what people have written here, I feel that they should have gone FULL nostalgia with zero Alolan characters/mon in this episode to make the most out of the 22 minutes since they're going to show Alolan pokemon interact with Kanto pokemon in the next episodes anyways.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but judging by the screenshots and what people have written here, I feel that they should have gone FULL nostalgia with zero Alolan characters/mon in this episode to make the most out of the 22 minutes since they're going to show Alolan pokemon interact with Kanto pokemon in the next episodes anyways.

Then the complain-fest be probably strongest, and that one episode would be used as evidence to solidify the entire alternate universe theory for the thrive series, and we'd be back to calling anyone who questions the theory a fool.

This is slightly off topic but I couldn't find a better thread to ask this: Why does almost everyone here uses the character/Pokemon's Japanese names instead of English? Even in the dub section?

And while I'm at it since the next episode did change some of my opinions on this episode, I guess this can get a 7/10 now instead of a 6/10 previously

@Sir Cookie I can't speak for everyone else, but usually I do because I tend to watch the Japanese version more than the dubbed. I also tend to think of the characters more in the Japanese version than English.

For example, I always think of Mijimaru, but I can't remember his dubbed name.

Often, when I'm tweeting, I put a slash English equivalent so that people know who I'm talking about since I live in an area that's generally Spanish and English languages spoken.

@Sir Cookie It also rubs off. I tend to use the English names but lately I've been unconsciously using the Japanese ones when everyone around is doing it.

5jJyAHX.png

Are these flashback montages cursed or what?

It's the wrong coloring on the other side. Satoshi's sleeve is blue on the right side and the top of Kasumi's shirt is also blue... For some reason, the animators miscoloured both their tops on the right side.
That's the colour of her bag's strap, I think. But in the wrong side of her body.

What in tarnation?! How come I've been watching all these years and never noticed her bag strap? I thought it was a coloring mistake on her tank top, but I guess it isn't. I don't think being in the wrong side counts as an error since that's not a "fixed" design. The BW flashback is an error though, Ash isn't supposed to have a blue sleeve on either side.

Some of Ash's old Pokémon that reappeared in this episode include Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Muk, thirty Tauros, Totodile and Corphish, while his formerly owned Butterfree, his Charizard, plus Larvitar that he has bonded with are shown only in a flashback. However, Kingler, Primeape, Snorlax, Heracross, Bayleef, Quliava, Noctowl, Donphan, Swellow, Sceptile, Torkoal, Glalie, and all Ash's other currently owned old Pokémon from the Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos region have been cut from this episode. So, other than the ones that have appeared in this episode, do you know why you think all of Ash's old Pokémon have been cut in it?

Last edited:
If the episode was called "Aloha Old Pokemon! They all get screen time," I'm sure they'd spent all 22 minutes with Satoshi showing off all his Pokemon and explaining how he met them.

This episode was a set up episode for the next and needed to introduce Satoshi's past in the most efficient manner that didn't take away from new fans getting to know the old casts.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom