• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So I'm an artist too!

Oh, I forgot! I finally completed that piece a couple days ago. ^^

an_awakening_wedding___frederick_and_female_avatar_by_great_aether-d5ys8br.png

Click here for full description and a little excerpt. :3

Oh wow, it's been a little while since I last updated this. I've got some new arts though!

fire_emblem__awakening_oc___antoinette_by_great_aether-d66v7ff.png

This is a Fire Emblem: Awakening OC I made up recently and my first one ever! Her name is Antoinette and she is the daughter of Frederick, my favorite character in the game. <3 Full description here. :)

And this is a new sketch, of something I've never drawn before:

DravidKielsketch_zps96b667bb.png

Wolves! This one is for a friend. He owns one of these wolf characters while I own the other. The one on the left is Kiel and he belongs to me. Dravid is on the right and is my friend's. They're of different races of people that can transform into animals. Kiel is a laguz (a race from Fire Emblem) and Dravid is an Enlahod (a race my friend made up). They got in trouble here lol. But they're good wolfies, don't worry. :3 Kiel just looks meaner because Dravid is hardly a killer and Kiel takes it a bit personally whenever people attack others that are weaker than they are. See that tuft of fur on his face? It covers his right eye...
which was blinded in a fight with his own kind when they were bullying his little sister. Sara had little skill in combat at the time, and Kiel was in training.

Both he and Dravid are dire wolves, btw. Kiel just has longer fur in places as well as markings. Dravid also wears around his neck an emerald pendant that he's had for years. Kiel wears a dragon-teeth necklace that belonged to his father.

I know, this is probably not my best sketch ever, cause this is the first time I've attempted any wolves and the first time I've attempted any animals in a long time. xP

Oh, thanks... xP

Oh, I almost forgot to post something here. It's been awhile too lol.

flame_totodile_line_by_great_aether-d6iqm5d.png

This is a set of fan novelty Pokemon I came up with for the GPX Plus site. It already has Spring Cyndaquil and Splash Chikorita. So for fun, I thought I'd complete it with Flame Totodile. ^^

I love how the shiny forms came out. :D

So, anyway, here's that wolf piece in color at last. :D

a_true_wolf_team_by_great_aether-d6kp7cm.png

For some reason, I just never had the motivation to finish it for awhile. I'm not sure I know how to shade rock, though, despite that I used references. xP But it's my first attempt, just as with wolves, so yeah.

Full description here. :)

No comments? Ah, well, here's another new piece that I couldn't resist doing. lol

frederick_s_fanatical_wii_fit_hour__by_great_aether-d6m5m82.png

It's Frederick from Fire Emblem: Awakening...as a Wii Fit trainer. XD

This is honestly so fitting for him, he's as much of a fitness nut as the Wii Fit trainers! lol And the wedding ring is cause I like him married and for a shout-out to the fact that marriage is pretty important in FE: Awakening. :3

And that quote is actually from one of Freddy's support conversations in the game too. XD

I kinda forgot about this thread... lol

Anyway, my new stuff that I haven't put here yet!

the_honeymoon_s_over_by_great_aether-d6oqxtg.png

This is a little comedic chibi picture of what Bryan basically goes through after the events of one of my Fire Emblem fics. lol He becomes a pretty important figure in his country, just to clarify. :p

king_boo_visits_for_halloween__by_great_aether-d6sf244.png

The pumpkin I carved for Halloween! It's King Boo from the Luigi's Mansion games. :3

Nataliecolor_zps692e000b.png

And my newest character art for the same FE fic I mentioned above. Natalie, a knight! :) Unfortunately, I couldn't upload it to my DA because of some stupid error. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

No comments? :(

I've got a piece for the holidays now, also for Fire Emblem though. :3

kiss_her__frederick__by_great_aether-d6z41dx.png

It's an Awakening fanart! Description here. :)

Love that Regasus :D Great Job!

EDIT: I didn't notice all the other pages here xD Cool drawings all of them!

Oh, thanks! ^^

I also have a fan region thread that I'm about to revive, if you'd like to check that out. :)

Aaaah, I need to update this. xP

My most recent arts:

the_fastest_man_in_the_world_by_great_aether-d73rfm0.png

Wally West aka the Flash from Justice League! I love him a lot, so I drew him as practice with the drawing tablet I got for Christmas. ^^

moonlight_love_by_great_aether-d78k477.png

Another Frederick x Female Avatar art for Awakening! Freddy and Kelli are sharing a tender, romantic moment in the middle of a lake in the evening. Dawww. x3

a_noble_knight_s_grave_by_great_aether-d7amjv9.png

Freddy's grave and tombstone as I picture it when he dies. He lived a looong time here too! I love Frederick a lot, so I do a lot of art related to him. :3 The watermark image of him is official art, btw, and not actually made by me.

concept_art___kelli_by_great_aether-d7eg2we.png

A new art of my first ever video game fan character, Kelli (yes, she shares her name with my Awakening Avatar lol). She's from the Zelda fandom. Full description here. :)

super_luigi_characters_by_great_aether-d7ivt1u.png

This one I just finished today! They're characters in my fic Super Luigi: Battle Star Legend. Read about them here. ^^

Your art is so crisp and clean! .....Which is a weird comment in itself, but I really do like how smooth your lines are. It give all your drawings a nice touch, and I like how you've added detail to several pieces here, it makes them livelier. :)

Ah, thank you, Dolce! It's not often I get comments like this from mods either. :eek:

It means a lot though, my lineart used to be so terrible. Then I decided to start putting color on a separate layer UNDER the lineart layer and it pretty much fixed my problems entirely. I really don't know why I didn't think of it sooner than I had. :p

Akari: Ah, thank you too. :)

Last edited:
Ah, thank you, Dolce! It's not often I get comments like this from mods either. :eek:

It means a lot though, my lineart used to be so terrible. Then I decided to start putting color on a separate layer UNDER the lineart layer and it pretty much fixed my problems entirely. I really don't know why I didn't think of it sooner than I had. :p

I'm an art gallery mod as well now so. xD; But really it's nothing! Good work deserves recognition at least.

And oh I get what you mean, I do that myself when I do try digital work. Though by the time your done you end up with so many layers (well I do anyways). But it is paying off in your work. :)

Oh yes, I agree, good work always deserves recognition. ^^

I don't really mind a bunch of layers as long as it works. But thanks again! :)

New piece! It's in celebration of Ike's return to Smash Bros.! :D Cause he's my favorite game character next to Luigi. <3

ike_is_back__by_great_aether-d7jz3v2.png

The characters in the background are from Ike's games, except for Chrom, who's on the far left. :p After him, the characters are from left to right: Elincia, Mist (Ike's sister), Aimee, Soren. Up there hiding above Ike's head is Sothe. lol

Try to guess why Chrom has red-orange spots all over him. :p

Back
Top Bottom