• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

I hope SM runs well on my 2DS. I only bought a console in order to play Pokemon, and I don´t care about 3D, so I just got a 2DS (besides, it looks more solid in terms of durability). So it would be annoying if there were serious performance issues.

I am experiencing no issues while playing the demo. I am a bit confused...

I have an old 3DS (two, actually, one as a backup, as well as for self-trading properties) and the demo plays just fine on it. So I have little concern about the games themselves. Maybe some framework will be slow here and there, like the Treveant horde battles, but nothing that would overwhelm and cause the 3DS to stop or be a problem, and nothing that would be a deal-breaker. So I don't think it should be an issue. I mean, my old DS Lite is still running quite smoothly, and that thing is my second oldest console, behind my PS2, which is also still running fine (though I did have to have it repaired briefly, but it still runs fine regardless). I'm more concerned at dropping the 3DS or something than anything else, so I don't think people have to worry much about the 3DS and any of its counterparts.

I have an old 3DS (two, actually, one as a backup, as well as for self-trading properties) and the demo plays just fine on it. So I have little concern about the games themselves. Maybe some framework will be slow here and there, like the Treveant horde battles, but nothing that would overwhelm and cause the 3DS to stop or be a problem, and nothing that would be a deal-breaker. So I don't think it should be an issue. I mean, my old DS Lite is still running quite smoothly, and that thing is my second oldest console, behind my PS2, which is also still running fine (though I did have to have it repaired briefly, but it still runs fine regardless). I'm more concerned at dropping the 3DS or something than anything else, so I don't think people have to worry much about the 3DS and any of its counterparts.
that would be great news, but do you think it would be able to handle a z move?
i did noticed recently there is a 2ds game bundle that is coming out in Europe? i wonder if that 2ds is an upgrade or not. if not, that would be a good indicator if 2ds/3ds can handle the game.
I just know i am a little concerned about it but i am not buying any console until i see it myself.
-I haven't played the demo.

that would be great news, but do you think it would be able to handle a z move?
i did noticed recently there is a 2ds game bundle that is coming out in Europe? i wonder if that 2ds is an upgrade or not. if not, that would be a good indicator if 2ds/3ds can handle the game.
I just know i am a little concerned about it but i am not buying any console until i see it myself.
-I haven't played the demo.

I used the Z-Move perfectly fine on my old 3DS. No lag, not stutter, no nothing. It fired that Gigavolt Havoc like it's been doing it its whole career, and I'm quick to noticing tech issues and such, being one of the few techies in my entire family (though viruses still ruffle my feathers easily). So I don't think it's much of a concern. And, from my experiences, game cartridges tend to fair better than downloaded games, as they have their own internal system, so they run a bit smoother. But if my old 3DS was able to handle the demo and the Z-Move without much trouble, I think people can rest easy.

I'm still using the original 3DS and haven't noticed any slow downs or anything like that.

Only thing I've seen that's different is that the 3DS has to do a soft reset whenever I close the game, but that was already the case with Smash Bros anyway so it's nothing new. I also heard that you won't be able to use the 3DS browser (or Miiverse) while playing it....but I feel like most people would just use their mobiles to access the internet anyway. It's certainly not something I'm going to lose any sleep over.

It'll just run much better on New 3DS.

A little better? Probably. Much better? Nah. After playing the demo twice on my old 3DS and watching people play it on the N3DS on Youtube, the only noticeable difference was the frame rate during the Totem battle. The N3DS was less laggy but the difference isn't great enough to justify buying a new console.

A little better? Probably. Much better? Nah. After playing the demo twice on my old 3DS and watching people play it on the N3DS on Youtube, the only noticeable difference was the frame rate during the Totem battle. The N3DS was less laggy but the difference isn't great enough to justify buying a new console.
Actually the lack of lag is a pretty good reason to buy a new system.

The lag was more than annoying in XY. Especially during double, triple, and horde battles. More than two pokemon on screen at any given time was the worst possible thing that could happen and even then some of the camera angles liked to drag on.

Who knows how slow the full game will be this time around due to being bigger than both the demo and the gen vi games.

Also, at least with mine (a 5 year old 3ds xl), the demo does make it heat up a bit. I mean the old 3dses have probably been upgraded since then and the 2ds has to keep up with its new older brother so it's probably been reinforced as well.

Something that I'm kinda curious about is has any info been found out about Solgaleo and Lunala super modes.

Eh, framerate lag is so degrading to my experience that I consider a framerate lag improvement to be much better XD

I hope SM runs well on my 2DS. I only bought a console in order to play Pokemon, and I don´t care about 3D, so I just got a 2DS (besides, it looks more solid in terms of durability). So it would be annoying if there were serious performance issues.

I am experiencing no issues while playing the demo. I am a bit confused...
Same. 3D bugs my eyes too much, so I was like "why the heck spend more money for a feature I can't even use. The demo and the actual games should run pretty similar to eachother, so we 2DS users should have no problem at all with any real performance issues. The only problem I had was very small, and only lasted maybe 10 seconds. Just a little lag during one of my battles.

And I'm not very good with technology, but I think the Old 3DS and the 2DS run similar systems as well, so they should be fine running the games.

I'm so glad that between apparent confirmation by GF, Shinies, and new Wormhole balls it's looking like we can catch the UBs, especially with the amount of actual pokemon being so sparse. I was one of the people that wanted them catchable. The idea of not getting to use those cool creatures in battle was not ideal to me.

I was going to write a blog on how there may not be a third version to SM and it seems I may already be proved correct, there appears to be no third version mascot in this batch of new Pokemon. Just as well, because SM looks like it could get by fine without an updated version, which is more than I can say for Kalos
Could be Marshadow. Most people figured it would be the third to the legends every since it got trademarked at the same time as Solgaleo and Lunala way back.

Assuming you are right though. Thats kinda cool. That would be the first time we had a legendary pair as mascots since gen 2.

Speaking of legends though. although of course I'm disappointed that we have a smaller dex again (though I'm also used to it after being more disappointed last time and the Varients, Zygardes, Greninja, and UB's if usable might as well be new mon far as I'm concerned) I'm also more disappointed with the lack of legendaries this gen, unless the UB's count.

Last edited:
Could be Marshadow. Most people figured it would be the third to the legends every since it got trademarked at the same time as Solgaleo and Lunala way back.

Assuming you are right though. Thats kinda cool. That would be the first time we had a legendary pair as mascots since gen 2..

Eh, it's possible, but I don't think it's very likely. For one, it's behind Diancie, an event Pokemon, which implies that Marshadow itself is also an event Pokemon. Second, it's just so different from Solgaleo and Lunala and it doesn't look like a balancing force between the two like other third mascots.

I'm so glad that between apparent confirmation by GF, Shinies, and new Wormhole balls it's looking like we can catch the UBs, especially with the amount of actual pokemon being so sparse. I was one of the people that wanted them catchable. The idea of not getting to use those cool creatures in battle was ideal to me.
Ultra Beasts are definitely starting to look like they can be caught. Unlike you, I'm not entirely happy about the development. Aesthetically, it could be cool to send out Gluttonous Atom or Conduit Bacteriophage, but right now I find it conceptually jarring.

Nothing that I can't work past though. If things are as they appear, I'll just catch them for the collection and mostly leave them there, like I already do for Legendaries.

Why is Zygarde got shiny forms? Won't it have shiny lock on it?
Why does anything with shiny lock have shiny forms? To prevent hacks and erroneous glitches from crashing the games.

Eh, it's possible, but I don't think it's very likely. For one, it's behind Diancie, an event Pokemon, which implies that Marshadow itself is also an event Pokemon. Second, it's just so different from Solgaleo and Lunala and it doesn't look like a balancing force between the two like other third mascots.
True. At the very most I guess you could say it maybe has an Eclipse motif. If it is realated I think the totally different look would just make it more cool though. Especially if it stays tiny. It would be such a weird counterpart to its other big fearsome trio members.

If it's not related in the games it would still be cool to have like. A movie that ties them together in a similes way to that one Darkrai movie with Dialga and Palkia.

Don't things, not nessisarily pokemon due to the pokestar robots, get shiny sprites/textures to prevent crashing or irreversible damage due to hacking? Like they exist only to fill the holes that somebody might accidently or purposely come across.

I mean there's nothing stopping them from bringing them out and doing events with them later. But I was under the impression that they were like the ??? Arceus and originally meant to be failsafes.

Don't things, not nessisarily pokemon due to the pokestar robots, get shiny sprites/textures to prevent crashing or irreversible damage due to hacking? Like they exist only to fill the holes that somebody might accidently or purposely come across.

I mean there's nothing stopping them from bringing them out and doing events with them later. But I was under the impression that they were like the ??? Arceus and originally meant to be failsafes.
There is also the fact that there is a specific pokeball for them though, and there are also one or two interviews where apparently GF outright said they were catchable.

Back
Top Bottom