• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The big question--Diamond or Pearl?

Which one?

• Diamond

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Pearl

Votes: 47 58.8%

• Total voters
Diamond. I like Palkia better than Dialga, but I want Rampard and Skutank on my team real bad.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get the english pearl because I have the japanese Diamond like the others. Though, if you want my opinion, I think Diamond is more popular dispite the results, from people's reactions and other polls on other sites, Diamond is more popular... (plus I thought you had the japanese one too...)

The tradition goes, at least between me and my brother, that I get the first version, and he gets the second version. I get the red-colored one, he gets the blue-colored one.

You can see how we had a dilemma, since it's Diamond (blue) and Pearl (red), instead of going with the standard like RS did where the red one came first.

So, we decided that version order took prevalence (GS was where we started this anyway, and I got Gold), and so I'm getting Diamond while he gets Pearl.

At least our promised starter choices didn't get altered. If it really had been Dark/Psychic/Fighting, we'd have to work out a new system, instead of me choosing Fire while he chooses Water all the time. But they didn't do DPF, and stayed with GFW, so I'm starting with Chimchar like I did with Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get Diamond, but that might change, depending on what of my favorite new Pokemon are unavailable in Diamond. I'll eventually get Pearl too.

I am going to get Diamond because I like the version-exclusives better (I know, I know, I could trade for them, but I might as well get them sooner). I've always gotten the first of two games anyway, although for Red and Gold I got them because most people I knew had Blue and Silver, and I chose Ruby because it's my birthstone.

Diamond because I want to catch my own Dialga as opposed to being forced to trade for it. I also prefer the version exclusives but they're not such a big deciding factor as Dialga.

The moment I figure out where can I preorder the games online with the super special styluses, I'll get my parents to preorder both games for me. Once I'll get them, I'll probably start playing Diamond first.

I have Japanese Diamond and Pearl, so I'll be getting.... English Diamond and Pearl. *SHOT*

It's a tradition for me to get both of the games and the "extra". Extra being Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.

However, I only have the English version of most of the games. But for this one, I'm have the Japanese, and am determined to get both of the English versions as well. By ordering them online with the styluses, of course.

I'm zooming for Diamond, pretty much because they've better version exclusives (skunks ftw~) and Dialga is...just hawt. Quadreped? Yes plz.

Though that breaks our tradition. I would wind up with the warm colored/hero games (Red/Gold/Ruby) and my brother'd get the cool colored/rival games (Blue/Silver/Sapphire). Eh. You win some, you lose some.

I just like Dialga too much to let him have Diamond. ...That, and he's going through that, "I can accessorize in pink and still be masculine" stage, so it doesn't matter much.

Pearl, so I can get Muumaaji ASAP. And I don't like traded pokemon for ones I'm planing on using in the long run, I'll just get Pearl and save myself the hassle... Though my sister is getting Diamond, so it's not like I'll be missing anything.

I've gotten Red, Gold, and Sapphire (and Yellow) with my sister getting everything else, so I supposed Pearl fits the pattern I have going on...

Most likely Diamond for easier access to the better version exclusives, but if the store is out of Diamond when I go to buy it, it won't break my heart, I'll just get Pearl. As has been said, trading is always a possibility, especially with the GTS.

Im getting diamond becouse i like the pokemon that are exclusive to diamond better than the ones for pearl and i like dairuga better than palkia.

Im getting diamond becouse i like the pokemon that are exclusive to diamond better than the ones for pearl and i like dairuga better than palkia.
Then why did you originally name yourself Parukia on Trainer Rachel's Pokémon Highway and my Pokémon Arena?

Pearl because my sister wants Diamond and plus I like Palkia better. And I want Glameow. Dang I can't type that . . it's so awkward to type.

Then why did you originally name yourself Parukia on Trainer Rachel's Pokémon Highway and my Pokémon Arena?

I dont know I used to like parukia better but then i had a better look at dairuga so i like that one better now.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom