• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

Ugh, this game is unbelievable so far. I'm being as thorough as possible and completely taking my time through it.

I've just gotten to Lenora after getting through her maze, wonderful gym concept.

Drilbur was not as annoying as I feared, he's currently on my team but I'm not sure if I want to hold onto her. We'll see.

First pokemon I caught in pokemon black? An Adamant Lillipup. I really like the fuzzy little thing, I'm going to try and have him on my final team.

Ended up choosing Oshawott as my starter after realizing you have to actually CHOOSE your starter in this game before finding out they're shiny. Not worth it.

I've beaten the elite four and team plasma, and now I'm beginning to raise a proper team now I have the resources to do so. Legendary wise, I've caught zekrom, kyurem and thundurus. I'm having so much fun, even grinding wild pokemon in their late 40s and early 50s to gain levels XD

So today I defeated Clay. After acquiring Fly, I made my way back to Castelia City and decided to go give a shot at catching Victini. I hop the boat to Liberty Island, take out the grunts easily, and meet Victini. Two Energy Balls from my Sawsbuck put it in the red. I decide to be stupid and throw a quick ball. No rolls at all. I throw a Pokeball right after and I catch it. Ridiculous luck or is Victini that damn easy to catch? I didn't get one of the critical captures either.

Progress Update:
My Journey has come to a close...for now. I have completed the game and now a post game adventure awaits me.

I must say, BW has the best plot of any Pokemon game so far. I was underleveled when I beat the game, so I had a couple lose calls with both N and Ghetis. My Mienshao wound up being the highest leveled Pokemon because every time he hit, HE HIT HARD. Zekrom kind of sucked D= He performed well in the N battle after he took down Reshiram. However, he didn't fare so well vs. Ghetis. In fact he was defeated by Cofagrius. There's just something about a legendary being bested in combat by a Pokemon with "***" in its name that doesn't sit well with me.

My team when I beat Ghetis:

Zekrom (lv.51)
Samurott (lv.49)
Chandelure (lv.50)
Archeops (lv.48)
Mienshao (lv.52)
Excadrill (lv.47)

Ghetis may have been the hardest battle so far, but his Hydreigon didn't give me trouble. It was that bulky Buffalo! My Mienshao one hit Hydreigon with Jump Kick! Mienshao was definitely my MVP in the Ghetis battle. During the elite four everyone did their part. There was no strongest or weakest. Renbu/Marshal and Grimsley were the toughest out of the bunch. Shauntal and Caitlin were laughably easy. Maybe it's some kind of hidden Sexism? Idk...

Well! I enjoyed the game very much! 2nd best Pokemon game ever. It gave me as much hope for the franchise as Platinum did.

Last edited:
Yesterday I started. In Pokémon Black I am called Darcie, and in Pokémon White a I am known as Lanette. For the former I have a Mijumaru (that's it's nickname) and for the latter I have a Pokabu (also a nickname). Both are male, something I only realized after getting to the first gym city in Black, the game I started last. Oh well. I haven't caught any other Pokémon yet and Belle, sorry, Bianca reprimanded me for it. Anyways, the games look cool, but all of the in-world sprites are incredibly blurry. I mistook an old man for my mother once.

I'm now about to go get my Cover Fossil. I think that should seal my team for a bit until I decided to drop my Timburr. I really do want a Joltik so... we'll see.

Clay was extremely easy, in fact, I only had trouble with his Excadrill 'cos it was part steel.
I decided to replace Panpour with Tirtouga and then taught it dig.
Got through Chargestone twice. ('Cos it's so awesome.)
Phantom (Zorua) and Centigiga (Whirlipede) both evolved in the cave.
Arrived in Mistralton city, I'll go to Celestial Tower tomorrow.

Current team
Servine lv. 33
Tranquill lv.30
Tirtouga lv.30
Scolipede lv.30
Zoroark lv.30
Scraggy lv.30

Last edited:
Started today in Driftveil and took down Clay. Not a tough battle at all. Went through Chargestone Cave (a cave that I couldn't WAIT to get out of, that's how long it felt to me) and ended up capturing a Tynamo. It was one of the first Pokemon I saw, and it only has a 2% show up rate on the floor I found it. :p Exited the cave and talked to Juniper's dad and Skyla. Thought Skyla was cool, rang the bell at Celestial Tower, went back to take on Skyla. Pretty breezy. Went through Twist Mountain (which was quite a cool mountain) and happened to come across a Cryogonal. Lucky me, finding it with a 1% chance.

Now I'm at Icirrus City, and I must say this: It's the coolest town/area/city I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. I love the rainy weather, the muddy pits and puddles, the neat buildings, the bridges, the windmill, and everything about the city. It's so neat!

I suppose I'll take on Brycen soon and then head to the next down to search for a Pawniard. Team right now is:

Brun (Emboar) Lv. 43
Sawsbuck Lv. 43
Gigalith Lv. 43
Slave
Flier
Cryogonal Lv. 31 (Gonna train)

I've only been training three Pokemon so far, because I'm waiting to catch some Pokemon I REALLY want on the team. Pawniard is at the top of the list.

Okay, time to wrap up today's progress before I go to sleep.

After finishing Plasma at N's Castle and seeing the end credits, I left to explore the rest of the map, starting from Nimbasa. The Lv60+ Pokémon sure got me off guard, but as they were mostly weak regulars (opposed to Elite Four's highly trained tactical killers), there was no problem after all.

After opening up Black City, Undella Town and Lacunosa Town (and catching a load of older Generation Pokémon), I went back to Relic Ruins in search of TM26 Earthquake. Accidentally I also came across Ryoku, and while I was there, I decided to capture Volcarona. It wasn't an easy one, but I got it within half an hour anyway. And I found the TM I was looking for, so happy me.

I then headed to Giant Chasm in search of TM13 Ice Beam. And while I was there, once again, I caught Kyurem as well. It was an easy catch really. I spent a lot more time catching the older Generation Pokémon there - Clefairy, Ditto, Seel, Poliwag, Delibird, Solrock, Lunatone, Jynx - I caught it all. (Well, I forgot to catch Metang, but I'll return to get it later.) I was disappointed, though, when I returned to the civilization - the Kyurem was of Quirky nature. Meh, what do you do ¯\°∧°/¯

So, now that I have a Ditto, I think I'll start breeding - the first step is to breed some Tepig for my friends and maybe to other Bulbagardeners as well. Possibly I will visit Routes 17 and 18 first, though :p

U.S. / 35360
Time: 59:46
Cash: P¥299,454
Badges: 8
Unova Pokédex: 141 seen, 62 obtained
National Pokédex: 243 seen, 90 obtained
Party:
  • Lv52 Galvantula♀
    Held_icon.png
    Magnet Quirky; Compoundeyes; Sucker Punch, Signal Beam, Electro Ball, Slash
  • Lv52 Gigalith♂
    Held_icon.png
    Quick Claw Careful; Sturdy; Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Earthquake, Strength
  • Lv53 Swanna♀
    Held_icon.png
    Rocky Helmet Bashful; Big Pecks; Brave Bird, Surf, Air Slash, Fly
  • Lv52 Krookodile♀
    Held_icon.png
    Soft Sand Rash; Intimidate; Sludge Bomb, Dig, Foul Play, Crunch
  • Lv52 Emboar♂
    Held_icon.png
    Charcoal Mild; Blaze; Brick Break, Flamethrower, Heat Crash, Head Smash
  • Lv52 Ferrothorn♀
    Held_icon.png
    Shoal Bell Adamant; Iron Barbs; Mirror Shot, Power Whip, Iron Head, Gyro Ball

Got my copy of White yesterday and I beat Burgh and caught Victini (surprisingly easy/lucky) yesterday.

Waki (Dewott) Lv. 23
Akape (Pansear) Lv. 24
Vente (Tranquill) Lv. 24
Raiden (Blitzle) Lv. 23
Terro (Drilbur) lv. 23
Purrloin (HM slave until I get Axew) Lv. 4

Sorry I'm a day late; I've been too busy playing White. I'm currently training in Resort Desert.

Things of note:

- Chose Tepig, as planned. Named it Babe so I could say "That'll do, pig" whenever I switch it out/defeat someone.

- When I got Pansage, I named it Diddy (as in Diddy Kong) like I was originally planning, but right when I pressed the OK button I noticed it was female. >_<. I decided not to reset, and when I got to the Name Rater the first thing I did was change her name to Cheetah, after the world's oldest chimpanzee. She defeated Cress' team mostly by herself.

-Note to new players: if you manage to get Audino before the third gym, I recommend using it as a temporary party member. Its bulk lets it survive the weak attacks of the early game, and it has a surprisingly powerful Doubleslap. At least, mine did.

-Rock Smash is also very useful early on, especially for defeating Lenora.

- I transferred Celebi and the Legendary Beasts over, and immediately used the former to get Zorua. I named said Zorua Tyler after a good friend of mine.

-Also caught Victini. I managed to get it with a few Nest Balls.

- My whole team actually got knocked out once, by a Sigilyph. Second time, my Pokemon were at higher levels, and I managed to defeat it with Zorua and Yamask.

-I found and caught a SHINY Daruamaka! Its name is currently Pinky. He's on my team right now because Pignite is overleveled.

So, in summary:

Joe (male)
3 badges
Money: 60552
Party:
Whirlipede (currently unnamed)- Level 22
Daruamka (Pinky)- Level 22, shiny
Yamask (currently unnamed)- Level 22
Zorua (Tyler)- Level 22
Pansage (Cheetah)- Level 22
Drilbur (currently unnamed)- Level 22

I may do a video walkthrough for Black, if I can tear myself away from White/get ahold of a decent camera.

I just got the game about an hour ago, so I'm way behind everyone else.

I got Oshowatt, then I named it bubbles. Lost twice against the first gym leader. Oshowatt is currently on level 14.
:|

I only logged in 4-5 hours today...

I am currently in Icirrus City, but I didn't challenge the Gym yet. Both Clay and Skyla were very easy to defeat with my new team. My Tynamo defeated her Swoobat and Swanna in one hit, and my Swadloon (I quit on looking for a Leavanny in the wild) effortlessly defeated both Palpitoad and Krokorok. Excadrill wasn't hard to defeat, either. Dewrott just 2 OHKO'd it (Excadrill's Horn Drill didn't work thankfully).

I spent most of the time yet again training up my reserves. I managed to catch three Tynamo in the Chargestone Cave, and evolved one up to an Eelektross.

On one last note, I experienced a Critical Capture fail when I chucked a Great Ball against a Boldore with 1 HP (Sturdy).

Log time: 12:11

Samurott- LV 38
Krokorok- LV 35
Eelektross- LV 40
Darmantian- LV 36
Unfezant (male)- LV 35
Leavanny- LV 42

Reputable pokemon in PC
2x Tynamo- LV 27 each
Joltik- LV 30
Zoroark- LV 31
Zebstrika- LV 32
Watchog- LV 33
Scraggy- LV 34
Stoutland- LV 23 (caught with shaking grass method)
Chinccino- LV 23 (caught with shaking grass method)
Herderier- LV 32

This sounds like fun!

I bought both black and white and am using my white game as a trade over for starters and monkeys etc.

In Black I'm currently roaming Castelia City! Its so intense! WAY more indepth than any other city we've seen so far in the pokemon franchise.

I've decided that I will catch everything (new) I see. But right now my team is this:

Panpour Lv. 15
Pansear Lv. 15 (filler until I can get my hand on that fire bug poke)
Sawk Lv. 22
Servine Lv. 17
Zorua Lv. 13
Blitzle/Pidove are alternating the last spot.

I'm really being as thorough as possible, taking my time through the game and doing everything I can :)

I just caught Kyurem. Despite him being level 75 and my strongest level 56 the process went smoothly. Dusk Balls ftw.

Starting out. haven't done much. I restarted the game since i felt my nickname wasn't original enough, but i still kept with the Metal gear starter name theme my friends are going with.

Pondering around route 2 with
Major Oshawat Lvl 10
Tist the Lilipup Lvl 8
Vine the ...that cat thing, i can't remember lvl 5

Trying to catch a Sawk in the Pinwheel Forest in white... which means I have to use the "shaking patches" method. And it has a 5% chance of showing up in one of those patches. So after half an hour, I finally find one, start to whittle its HP down, need one more attack, and... crit.

I raged.

Excuse me if I'm in a hyped state when I type this, but I can't help it a the moment. I'll type it all down slowly so I don't have errors.

So I beat Brycen and did all the storyline stuff and I arrive in Opelucid City and learn the lore. All that good stuff put me in a good mood. However, I wanted a Pawniard on my team, so I head east of Opelucid to try to find one on Route 9. I knew that the Pawniard in the tall dark grass were higher leveled, and there were wild double battles there. Well, I head over there and start searching for one. Randomly, two Duosion pop up in a double battle, and the left one is freaking blue. I shot up out of my chair and was seriously ecstatic. I was super careful to make sure I was attacking the right one to kill off first, however, JUST in case a crit happened. Lucky me, I had Watchog to use Super Fang and then Hypnosis to make it easy for me to catch in a sweet-ass looking Timer Ball. I am in bliss.
Spr_5b_578_s.png

Blueberry- Lv. 36 Shiny Duosion (Female)- Nature: Docile (Could have been WORSE) - Ability: Magic Guard (Heck. YES.)

-I found and caught a SHINY Daruamaka! Its name is currently Pinky. He's on my team right now because Pignite is overleveled.

I'm so happy for you! :D High five to those that have randomly encountered a shiny already in their game.

EDIT:
As I was checking my box to let you guys know the ability and nature of Blueberry, I happened to check the one Pawniard I did catch. I was going to catch a lot of male Pawniard so then I could choose the best ability and nature. I was hoping for Defiant ability with any +Attack nature. Well, I had only caught one before the shiny encounter, so here I am checking the ONE Pawniard I did catch. Male Pawniard: Adamant nature. Ability- Defiant.

Seriously, how lucky can I get today. Wow.

Last edited:
Excuse me if I'm in a hyped state when I type this, but I can't help it a the moment. I'll type it all down slowly so I don't have errors.

So I beat Brycen and did all the storyline stuff and I arrive in Opelucid City and learn the lore. All that good stuff put me in a good mood. However, I wanted a Pawniard on my team, so I head east of Opelucid to try to find one on Route 9. I knew that the Pawniard in the tall dark grass were higher leveled, and there were wild double battles there. Well, I head over there and start searching for one. Randomly, two Duosion pop up in a double battle, and the left one is freaking blue. I shot up out of my chair and was seriously ecstatic. I was super careful to make sure I was attacking the right one to kill off first, however, JUST in case a crit happened. Lucky me, I had Watchog to use Super Fang and then Hypnosis to make it easy for me to catch in a sweet-ass looking Timer Ball. I am in bliss.
Spr_5b_578_s.png

Blueberry- Lv. 36 Shiny Duosion (Female)- Nature: Docile (Could have been WORSE) - Ability: Magic Guard (Heck. YES.)

I'm so happy for you! :D High five to those that have randomly encountered a shiny already in their game.

EDIT:
As I was checking my box to let you guys know the ability and nature of Blueberry, I happened to check the one Pawniard I did catch. I was going to catch a lot of male Pawniard so then I could choose the best ability and nature. I was hoping for Defiant ability with any +Attack nature. Well, I had only caught one before the shiny encounter, so here I am checking the ONE Pawniard I did catch. Male Pawniard: Adamant nature. Ability- Defiant.

Seriously, how lucky can I get today. Wow.

Very very nice congrats :)

Nothing exciting to report training and looking for a new Lillipup with pick up since i let mine evolve...

I'm about to catch Timburr so I can defeat Lenora.
I'm kind of mad that it's a male pokemon though.

I'm very picky and I try to catch only female pokemon. Only time I have male pokemon is if they were given to me.

Back
Top Bottom