• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Diaries of Black and White

didn't get much done today as I spent most of it cloning the beasts & Celebi in the gen 4 games. Anyway, I reached Castelia City, transferred the beasts & Celebi, & got Zorua. Then I beat Burgh. Now I'm currently at route 4, just beat Cheren.

current team:
Kenshin (Dewott) Lv. 25
Tranquill Lv. 24
Scraggy Lv. 21
Zorua Lv. 21
Lillipup Lv. 2

in reserve:
Dragonball (Sawk) Lv. 22 (no point in using him since imma be using Scraggy, but he's in reserve just incase)

Thinking when I get to Raimon I might rolfstomp Kamitsure with shiny Raikou

Starting. Holy crap, the Pokemon Zodiac is actually in this game as a tv show, about 15 years since it was only vaguely hinted at in the anime.

Whew. Just finished getting the Quake Badge. I actually have a log in my blog, of sorts, keeping a running of my journey in full rambling and insanitiness glory.

I can't really tell if it's been really any harder than the previous versions, but I think it has been. The first few gyms at least. I appear to have hit my stride as my pokemon for each gym are closer to the Gym Leader's levels.

Nothing really interesting so far. Nothing on the scale of shinies, anyway.

Party:
Louis XIV (Servine ♂) Lv. 30
Selle (Zebstrika ♀) Lv. 27
La Fontain (Panpour ♀) Lv. 31
Dune (Krokorok ♀) Lv. 29
Chu~♪ (Swoobat ♀) Lv. 25
Detritus (Gigalith ♂) Lv. 26

I'm about to catch Timburr so I can defeat Lenora.
I'm kind of mad that it's a male pokemon though.

I'm very picky and I try to catch only female pokemon. Only time I have male pokemon is if they were given to me.

Timburr is available as a female. :)

Went to Celestial tower and rang the bell.
Caught a Litwick and Elgyem.
Tranquill and Servine evolved.

Decided to go back to Nimbasa to go on the Battle Subway before facing Skyla.

Current team
Serperior lv.37
Unfezant lv.34
Tirtouga lv.34
Scolipede lv.34
Zoroark lv.34
Scraggy lv.34

I'm about to catch Timburr so I can defeat Lenora.
I'm kind of mad that it's a male pokemon though.

I'm very picky and I try to catch only female pokemon. Only time I have male pokemon is if they were given to me.

Timburr comes in male and female, but look at Timburr, Gurdurr and Conkeldurr...tell me if you see any feminine qualities there. If you do, please tell me. I kept getting female Timburrs and refused to catch a female one because they make for very strange females. My female Excadrill creeps me out too.

- The PremierMOST INSECT ARTIST was...ridiculously easy to defeat. The only 'mon that gave my team anything even slightly resembling trouble was Dwebble. And that was only because I had no idea what types were effective against it. I switched the game off and re-did it a few times just to see if I'd got lucky, but nope, he really is kind of pathetic. 3rd time around I had fun destroying everything with Darumaka.

- The Desert Resort is so much cooler than Houen's stab at a Sandopolis. It's freaking huge and is single handedly the best place to catch pokemon thus far. I wanted to train EVERYTHING on offer here, but alas, one can only train so many 'mons.

- Bagged a Yamask at the Relic Castle and promptly named him TwoTonTomb for his eventual evolution.

- Spent a lot of time grinding. Sandiles and Yamasks are good for raising 'mons with good attack and defences that need boosting

- Caught a Solosis and named it Haribosis. Unfortunately it got stuck with a sucky hidden power type, so Psyshock was a god-send.

- Beat Elesa after a couple of tries. I was not expecting the Emonga duo to be as effective as they were, and they covered most of the types I had on hand. Shortly after beating her, Mountain leveled up and learned Rock Slide, so much face palming commenced.

EVOLUTION TIME
It took 4 freaking gyms and the arrival in the 5th's town, but I FINALLY got to see my first evolution in the game. Happy days, The Fernz reached level 31 and learned 'Acrobatics'! Pansage will be missed, but alas, the change was due. I'm not holding out for Crunch.
Due to lack of spoilers, I have no idea when the rest of these guys are going to evolve, so it'll be a nice surprise to see when it'll happen.

Current Posse;
The Fernz (Simisage) - level 31
Mountain (Drilbur) - level 30
Ma' Nivore (Vullaby) - level 30
DaRuMate (Darumaka) - level 30
M.C 'Guana (Scraggy) - level 30
TwoTonTomb (Yamask) - level 23

In rotation;
Haribosis (Solosis) - level 26

Last edited:
At the League in just 3 days. Training my Cofagrigus with the EXP Share to get it up to level 48 or 50 to combat the League.

I beat the main storyline and got my national Pokedex:D
First thing I set of to do then was transferring a Ditto over from SoulSilver so now I'm breeding it and Salazar for a female Snivy..

ARRRGH!

Cobalion on 1HP, Paralyzed!

And it breaks out of the Dusk Ball every time!

Arrrgh indeed ¬¬

Progressing through the game steadily while keeping up on real-life work. Just came off of back-to-back battles with Burgh and Bianca, aided by my a freshly-traded Litwick.

My current battle team is:

Dewott lv.30
Litwick lv.29

I got the game yesterday and I am training now for the castelia gym

My team:

McLovin (sandile) lv. 20
Cilan (pansage) lv. 18
Steve (pignite) lv. 22
Winston (herdier) lv. 20

Pokedex
Seen: 26
Obtained: 21

My update :

I got the game yesterday
Picked Tepig as my starter
Caught a Lillipup (who wouldn't?)
Witnessed N making his speech
Also caught a Purrloin who I began to train, though not sure if I will continue to train him or not.
Went to the. Dreamyard and got Pansage and defeated the first Gym Leader
I then went back to the Dreamyard, saw the entire Munna ordeal and watched as Musharna made the Team Plasma Grunts think their Master was going to torture them.
I then caught a Munna and witnessed my first "Shaking Grass" where I caught Audino who I probably will not use on my team

For no my team is as listed:
Tepig Lv 12
Lillipi Lv 12
Pansage Lv 12
Munna Lv 9
[Possibly]
Purrloin Lv 12
Audino Lv 9

Will make an update tomorrow!
The entire game is weird for me, it just does not seem to be anything like any other Gen of Pokemon, I like it but it's just so weird!

I pre-ordered my copy ahead of time so I got it day 1 of release at GameStop. I was so very determined to speed through the game that on the first day before bed:

I chose Tepig and evolved it to Emboar.
Obtained 5 gym badges.
Caught Sandile, Roggenrola, Joltik, Pidove, and Lillipup and evolved them to their final stages Krookodile, Gigalith, Galvantula, Unfezant, and Stoutland respectively.

On Monday I:

Got the rest of the gym badges, beat the Elite Four, caught Zekrom, then beat Team Plasma.

Sometime after beating the game the first time through the Elite Four, I trained a Deino up to Zweilous before going to bed, then managed to evolve it into Hydreigon faster than I thought it would go. Then when I got home from school today I found the rest of the Seven Sages then beat Alder, and then to celebrate gaining true post-game rights, I cleared out my SoulSilver file in only an hour worth of using the PokeTransfer.

Oh and yesterday I caught Thundurus in almost record timing (Unlike everyother roaming legend I've faced), then caught the initial 3 muskedeers.

.....So far I feel rather bored again as I was when waiting for the game. You wanna know why? I don't have any AR cheats for the last 3 Event Legends yet, and all I have left after that is training a Larvesta, catching the Relic Castle Volcarona, and then finally catching Kyurem.

ARRRGH!

Cobalion on 1HP, Paralyzed!

And it breaks out of the Dusk Ball every time!

Arrrgh indeed ¬¬

You should've seen how I was with Victini. First I thought it wouldn't end well since when I looked at what I had at the time, well, let's just say everything I had at that point would one shot it to kingdom come. When I looked through my PC boxes, I noticed the Venipede I need to still train. I used it to try and weaken it, but guess what? Victini uses Confusion before it moves. Then I try again. Guess what happens then? Burned to death by Incinerate.

Then after that I ran back to the Pokemon Center to check the PC again. I find a Drilbur at around Level 20. So I use that on Victini instead. By the time I weaken it down to what appeared to be 1 HP, Victini KOs the Drilbur and then I switch in my Galvantula to Thunderwave it. After that I try and catch it.................... And no matter what I threw at it, it always broke out. It was even past 8 PM and I used Dusk Balls once, but it still broke out. What makes me more mad? After wasting so many Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls, a mere Timer Ball catchs it. I WASTED SO MUCH ON THAT THING I'M TELLING YA.

Last edited:
Currently in the middle of Victory Road, logged in 4 hours yet again today.

Instead of challenging more trainers, I spent most of my VR time outside trying to catch another Fraxture. Oddly enough, even though Fraxture's encounter ratio is the same as Meinfoo's (10%), I encountered 6 Meinfoo before I met up with one Fraxture. Definitely odd.

I cannot believe how ridiculously easy the last two gym leaders and Team Plasma were. My Meinfoo effortlessly defeated all of the Team Plasma guys with just one hit, as well as all of the trainers in Brycen's gym (as well as Brycen himself, if his Cyrogonal didn't land in a critical-hit Aurora Beam on me...).

Meanwhile, my Fraxture [which I caught as an Axew] (with a speed benefit nature) KOs almost every other Dragon-type with one hit. It expectedly lost to Haxorus, which outsped and overpowered it.

As for fossil pokemon, I chose Archeops instead of Tirtouga because I already owned a Samurott and I noticed how a trainer's LV 25 Archeos in the Chargestone Cave sweeped four of my pokemon with Acrobatics. Once again, the Audino method worked and it took me less than 20 minutes to evolve it up to an Archeops. (Best decision ever).

When my Fraxture lost to Draydan's Haxorus, Archeops defeats his Haxorus in one hit (since its Attack and Speed are so high with full HP).

Oddly enough, Cheren was a very powerful opponent near the end of Route 10. His Serperior had high enough defenses to resist being OHKO'd by my Archeops' Acrobatics, just in time so Serperior could use Coil (raise its attack and defense), then Serperior would sweep my entire team with a Leaf Blade (or Slam when fighting my Darmantian) + Leftovers. Serperior's speed is almost to the point of hax (nothing on my team outspeed it other than my dead Archeops and I had no Max Revives on me...)

If my Eelekitross hadn't survived that one Leaf Blade with 3 HP, I surely would have lost that battle.

Once again, my luck with the shaking grass strikes. I managed to find and capture a female Gothitelle after my third shaking grass patch with two Ultra Balls.

With my committments towards my education, I cannot strike a playthrough of this game in 2-3 days. I was lucky that I had enough time to even get to Victory Road by now after 3 days of playthrough.

Playthrough Time: 17:50

Pokemon:
Samurott- LV 45
Eelekross- LV 44
Darmantian- LV 46
Haxorus- LV 48
Archeops- LV 45
Krookodile- LV 45

Reputable Pokemon in PC
Fraxture- LV 40
Durant- LV 39
Deino- LV 41 (x3)
Gothitelle- LV 40 caught through shaking grass method)
Meinfoo- LV 46
Gigalith- LV 39
Stunfisk- LV 36

Last edited:
I got inside Chargestone Cave and explored a bit before I ran into Professor Juniper, who was also inside of the cave for some reason. She talked and then I ran around, encountering new Pokemon like Joltik, which I went ahead and captured for the Gym battle against Skyla. I ran around and battled the trainers inside of the cave and then I made my way through to the bottom levels and found a wild Tynamo after searching for about 30 minutes. I captured that and then battled some Team Plasma grunts who were in the way. I battled some wild Pokemon as part of my training and then ran into N. That battle was super easy, though Klink did give me some trouble. I beat him and Professor Juniper gave me a gift item. I saved before exiting the cave.

In my Japanese Black whick Im playing because I dont have my Shiny Tepig in English Black yet and White isnt here yet, I hatched the egg from that Mystery Egg again and it was a Pansage. I was a bit dissapointed. I went across the Driftveil Drawbridge. I got my Emolga out from the PC to try it out in battle but it kept losing. I got to Driftveil city and lost in that Rotation battle pretty badly. My team was really underlevelled and I tried to grind soon in the grass next to the Freezer Storage, and found a Vanillite and caught it, then immediately switched out Emolga for it. I went and battled in the freezer storage, then beat the Team Plasma grunts. Im now battling in Clay's Gym. I need to switch some Pokemon out but my team so far is:
Vanillite Lv 25
Blitzle Lv 25
Boldore Lv 28
Servine Lv 27
Sandile Lv 28
Pansear Lv 23

I also caught Foongus and Deerling on Rt 6.

Went throught route 4, resort desert, & Nimbasa City today.

caught 3 maracti (the game was trolling me making the first 2 I caught have -spec. att. natures -.- )
caught a dwebble
owned every resort desert trainer
reached Nimbasa City
beat N
went to route 16
caught a Minncino
made grass shake to find an emolga
first bush had a cinncino!!!
caught cinncino
encountered & caught an emolga
got one of the beasts from my PC to party (Raikou in this case)
went to Lostlorn Forest & battled Zoroark
caught Zoroark with a Bashful nature & quick tempered trait
grinded against audinos for a bit
beat Elesa

the battle against elesa went along the lines of: I send out Dwebble first to set up stealth rock. then I use Dwebble, Zorua, & Emolga to cause random damage while the Emolgas suicide themselves >:3 the original plan was to have Minncino use dig to defeat Zebstrika BUT I already had Scraggy out & kill it with one brick break... yeah.

current team:
Kenshin the Dewott lv. 28
Zorua lv. 26
Scraggy lv. 27
Dwebble lv. 26
Mincinno lv. 26
Emolga lv. 26

in rotation:
Sigilyph lv. 27

Well, a couple of my Pokemon evolved. My current team (minus HM slave) is

Waki (Dewott) Lv. 32
Akape (Smisear) Lv. 32
Vente (Tranquill) Lv. 31
Raiden (Zebstrika) Lv. 32
Terro (Excadrill) Lv. 32

I just caught the three monkeys in Lostlorn Forest. I also had two critical captures in a row! :D

I was going to trade a Pansear for a Panpour or Pansage from my friend after school, but since I already have them, I'll have to see what other Pokemon he has.

Back
Top Bottom