• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

I measured my speed, and I have 0.3Mbps for upload and 2Mbps for download. The problem when uploading Pokemon is obviously the low upload speed I have.

I don't know the required speeds for broadband internet. My computer's hardware fulfill the requirements, so as I feared the problem is the connection. I'll just have to wait until I can get a better Internet connection, perhaps I can upgrade it. DW is likely to be online for some years. Thanks for the information. I'll try DW another time when I've upgraded my connection.

Does anybody else besides me not really at all care for the Dream World? I just...I don't know. I wish there was more too it then just meeting random pokemon and sending them to your B/W games. =/ Like you can play with your Pokemon directly, you know? I guess that's just my opinion.
I do like, though, that you can customize a house and such. x3. That's about the only thing I like about it, though. I guess if they added more areas and such to explore that I'd be alright.

I've pretty much abandoned my DW homes :c which is a shame cuz i was sooo addicted to it for years..
I still need to go back though to at least prevent the DW from eating all my berries >_<

Would be nice if it was possible to play your game directly to the Global Link or in some way over the Internet. You could turn your game into online mode and play on your DS (like you do when you battle). Then there could be new Pokemon encounters that's not in offline gaming. I don't expect this to happen now because of the network delays, but it could be possible in the future. Then we won't need DW anymore. Or they could just have some download content so you can play DW on your console. I don't like playing on the computer for some reason. I also end up using DW very seldom, maybe for that reason. I mean, considering how simple the mini games on DW are, they could have been in your game instead, and you could just download the Pokemon, dolls etc. you get from the Internet, just like you do with the mysterious gift. Then I wouldn't have problems with my upload speeds either, since downloading works fine :)

Would be nice if it was possible to play your game directly to the Global Link or in some way over the Internet. You could turn your game into online mode and play on your DS (like you do when you battle). Then there could be new Pokemon encounters that's not in offline gaming. I don't expect this to happen now because of the network delays, but it could be possible in the future. Then we won't need DW anymore. Or they could just have some download content so you can play DW on your console. I don't like playing on the computer for some reason. I also end up using DW very seldom, maybe for that reason. I mean, considering how simple the mini games on DW are, they could have been in your game instead, and you could just download the Pokemon, dolls etc. you get from the Internet, just like you do with the mysterious gift. Then I wouldn't have problems with my upload speeds either, since downloading works fine :)
That is SUCH an amazing idea! I really like it! :3 Nice thinking, Te-em! That would be nice if we could play on the DW on our DS's, huh?
I know how you feel, though. I can't stand being on the DW on the computer for more then ten minutes. It gets boring too fast. If it was on the DS it would be more...fun, you know? Maybe that's just how I feel. =/ Gwah. I wish they would just do a major update and add more areas and stuff to do. >.<

So I went into the DW for the 1st time in weeks (fully expecting my berries to have withered or at least only give me 2 berries a pop), but to my amazement, i got the max allowance for most of them o_O Not complaining though~ haha

Went on the look out for some of those Rowap berries, but couldn't find not a one on a shelf. Saw a few growing in homes nearby so maybe sometime this week i'll be able to grab one or two for both my houses.

Gunna be goin onto my W1 carts to harvest my berries from there. Been kinda avoiding it since it needs to use my DS Lite, and thus, i have to make my router go in unprotected mode for it to hook up :U blah So tonight i just went on my W2.

Took this opportunity to get myself that grimer doll (cuz, i never thought i'd say this but, it's just so cute!), and planted some aguave berries to work my way towards the butterfree doll. Also went ahead and got the ho-oh/lugia dolls. they're very nice.

PGL Bucket List

So with G6 coming in a few more months, the G5 Global Link is going to be shut off.

Is there anything on the PGL you absolutely must have before that happens?

I haven't been on the PGL in a while, but a few that I've snagged myself are: Hidden Ability Shinx, Hoohoot, and Eevee -- all females.

Re: PGL Bucket List

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me?

I participated in the June international challenge, yet when i go to the Promotions page, the promotion for the berries isn't there.

My profile definatley says i participated and did battles, i've tried logging out, waking and putting my pokemon back to sleep, but still no promotion.

Is there something i'm missing? A prerequisite for qualifying i don't know of?

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Been grinding out points left and right lately; hoping I can score a DW Golett. I'd like to get more than one but if I can only nab the one, I'll be good. (I'll reset like a madwoman in order to get the perfect one. I have that sort of patience.)

Really sucks that they're shutting this down, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. =/

Re: PGL Bucket List

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me?

I participated in the June international challenge, yet when i go to the Promotions page, the promotion for the berries isn't there.

My profile definatley says i participated and did battles, i've tried logging out, waking and putting my pokemon back to sleep, but still no promotion.

Is there something i'm missing? A prerequisite for qualifying i don't know of?

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

So I'm not the only one this is happening to? I just figured losing one battle and then ignoring it wasn't enough to qualify... How much did you participate?

I really hope they have a promotion for some of the Hidden Ability we couldn't get yet, like Speed Boost Torchic, since that only came out in Japan.

It's ok I guess, but I really miss making my poffins and searching underground in diamond. Maybe I'll like it as I get into it more.

I think this picture should speak for itself:
nyxnus.png

Chances of being Female: 12.5% or 1/8

nyxnus.png

Wow, is it real? I have seen on forums that all Dream World Eevees could only be male. All the other pokémon have 25% chance of being female (if possible).

nyxnus.png

Wow, is it real? I have seen on forums that all Dream World Eevees could only be male. All the other pokémon have 25% chance of being female (if possible).

you're thinking of the gift DW eevee in Castelia city. Eevee from the DW directly or bred (if their mother was a female DW Eevee) can have a chance of being female.

nyxnus.png

If I ever ran into that, I'd scream so loud that my dog would walk over to me and nudge me with her snoot thinking something was wrong.

I'm forcing myself to use the Dream World more often now, to rack up points and Pokemon. I've found some rarer berries either in the wild or on people's Share Shelves. Just gotta keep going...

Aww... I wish Nintendo didn't shutdown Generation V Dream World... isn't there any way to make them change their mind?

Dream World should be some kind of a successor of Pokéwalker, but I see it's terribly more dated. I bet the next successor will be like that either.

nyxnus.png

If I ever ran into that, I'd scream so loud that my dog would walk over to me and nudge me with her snoot thinking something was wrong.

I'm forcing myself to use the Dream World more often now, to rack up points and Pokemon. I've found some rarer berries either in the wild or on people's Share Shelves. Just gotta keep going...
I got all the Wi-Fi competition berries now, it took several days of searching.

nyxnus.png

I have one too. It's actually a 30% chance of being female for all Pokemon in the Dream World, regardless of what their in-game gender ratio is (excepting Pokes that can only be male or female or that don't have genders, of course).

Do we have confirmation on the ratio? Not that 30% vs. 25% is exactly a noticeable difference, but....

Back
Top Bottom