• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

So Pokemon with hidden abilities... do you have to meet them in Dream World to access it? Or do you send one of your own Pokemon into Dream World to get it?

Last edited:
So Pokemon with hidden abilities... do you have to meet them in Dream World to access it? Or do you send one of your own Pokemon into Dream World to get it?

You must get them from the dream world.

Umm... I noticed that the Legendary Pokemon can have hidden abilities. How do you catch any of them in the Dream World?

When will the West be able to get onto the Dream World? I hear it's not going to be from release like it was in Japan. I also heard they'd implemented that silly, only 1 hour at a time thing, which ruined the wifi plaza for me. Although I understand why it had to be done in both cases.

When will the West be able to get onto the Dream World? I hear it's not going to be from release like it was in Japan. I also heard they'd implemented that silly, only 1 hour at a time thing, which ruined the wifi plaza for me. Although I understand why it had to be done in both cases.

I've been hunting around for the same thing and the best I can see is 'spring'. Seems they haven't given a definitive date as of yet (unless I have missed something in my hunting).

I'm guessing this means that Dream World won't be open to English game users (or other languages than Japanese) upon release. I should imagine a month or so after may be more likely, to let things calm down a touch re overloading their servers.

That's just guess work though - the definitive answer is the English release is sometime this Spring.

As I recall, we have to wait at least a month.

Is there any word out at all about the english dream world? I'm curious if we'll have a poll event, and also, if and how we'll get any of the special code events, like the starters and mamoswine. I just don't want to miss out on any free pokemon, especially when they're pretty good pokemon with new abilities and whatnot.

we jsut have to wait for it to go live in about a month.

Clever. That way they hope some people will have slightly drifted from the game and plenty of other people will still be playing their shiny new 3DS's - so the server overload will be considerably less than it might otherwise be
If people weren't planning to use it anyway, they wouldn't have. They're just delaying the inevitable and they had how many months to prepare the servers?

Got a question about the birthday Togekiss in the dreamworld. My birthday isnt until 3/21 but Ive already got an email from the site talking about it. Is it available anytime in your birthday month or only on your actual birthday?

I got mine about 10 days before my birthday. If you got an email about it, I'd say it's available.

Got a question about the birthday Togekiss in the dreamworld. My birthday isnt until 3/21 but Ive already got an email from the site talking about it. Is it available anytime in your birthday month or only on your actual birthday?
Anytime during your birthday month and the month after, I believe.

If people weren't planning to use it anyway, they wouldn't have. They're just delaying the inevitable and they had how many months to prepare the servers?

I disagree. The game is mass publicised and will be a huge seller. People would have got on simply because they are running through the game and so it makes sense.

In a months time people will have completed the game and those not obsessed will likely only get it out now and again. If there are not TV adverts out telling people the dream world is open the odds are people will only come towards it if

a) they are obsessed enough as we are to frequent Pokemon forums/sites etc
b) they hear from friends

All of which is likely to come in at considerably less than the 'critical mass' that launching it at the same time as the game is likely to bring.

I don't know how server intensive the systems are and what their options were, so I don't know how lax they are being about not giving enough tech behind it - but in Japan didn't they repeatedly crash?

If that is the case it gives a bad user experience and so negative feedback. By delaying the release whilst people may be frustrated they soon forget as they delve deeper into the game and so will only be looking for it again after they complete the game (again aside from us obsessives), which if you don't spend 5 hours a day playing it is likely to take a few weeks.

As well as that the release of the 3DS will have a number of nintendo fans enjoying their new games and gaming systems so will see some drop off because of that.

So in short they are reducing server load, giving more time for preparation, will have the initial influx more spread out and reduce negative feelings towards the game.

As I said it seems a sensible move on their part

Last edited:
We'll the Dream World was supposed to open up tomorrow, but as everyone knows, it's been delayed. With the pokemon.com game for the eeveelutions, it makes me think it's coming pretty soon though. Maybe only a week of delay. Also, does anyone else think we'll get the poll like japan did? Or will we just get Arceus as well? I'd say I'd have to vote for Darkrai, but that's just me.

We'll the Dream World was supposed to open up tomorrow, but as everyone knows, it's been delayed. With the pokemon.com game for the eeveelutions, it makes me think it's coming pretty soon though. Maybe only a week of delay. Also, does anyone else think we'll get the poll like japan did? Or will we just get Arceus as well? I'd say I'd have to vote for Darkrai, but that's just me.

Vote for Darkrai all you want, I hope we get Arceus anyway since he seems to have had the least amount of events. Maybe I'm just biased because Arceus is the only pokemon from gens 1-4 I have yet to get my hands longer than borrowing it for the dex entry and the event in HGSS. I don't even like the stupid goat, I just hate that I can't have one. :c

Back
Top Bottom