• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Well I tried logging on again today and it says the website is under mantinence from 3am to 9pm and I'm reminded of Slowflakes rant about it on his last Lets Play Pokemon Platinum episode. Argh, I wanted to harvest my berries today they were blooming last night!

Since there was some doubt as to the claims of the EV-reducing berries being available in Dream World and screenshots were being asked for, I thought I'd just add this here:

qualot%20berry%20dream%20world.jpg

This was not the only one I saw yesterday, either: Qualot, Tamato, Pomeg and Grepa berries were all growing in some Japanese players' gardens, leaving Kelpsy and Hondew as the only ones I can't confirm first-hand (though I'd be very surprised if only 4 out of the 6 EV-reducing berries were available in the Dream World).

I think it's safe to say they're all in there.

The EV berries are obtainable in the sky course, as indicated on this list, though I don't know the requirements.

Cheri, Pecha, Oran, Sitrus and Figy Berries are available from the forest, Aspear, Persim, Aguav and Iapapa from the sky, and Chesto, Rawst, Wiki and Mago from the ocean. Leppa and Lum Berries are not available.

Berries 36-52 (the damage-reducing berries) will randomly spawn on the player's treasure chest the first time he/she enters the Dream World, five a piece. The useless PokéBlock/Poffin berries are justifiably unobtainable, as are berries 53 and over.

That looks like the list of berries where we found out the EV berries were available through Spin Trade... maybe they were recently added on the Dream World or something?

Site is down for maintenance, lame. Well at least I'll actually do my Paper now and not be distracted. Here's hoping they fix it so you can visit your friends homes. Honestly have a "friend" on there is pointless. Dream Pal is the only one that has any point.

Also would be cool if they added a C-gear thing to Download but I doubt it.

Be careful, that's how I got a few EV-reducing berries. Some poor japanese player now has a rack full of potions ;)

lol I admit I'm a bastard when it comes to the share shelf. Swapping rare berries and pass orbs with crap like oran berries, heal balls and potions. Yes it's kind of wrong, but I like to call it "survival of the fittest".

I at least try to water there berries, though.

EDIT: Oh and I can confirm that Kelpsy and Hondew berries are in the DW. I saw plenty of Japanese players with them growing in their gardens.

I found some Lum Berries on a Japan kids shelf and gave them some poke balls for it. Poke balls are great, I've caught many pokemon in them

aaahg, i can't get my zoroark back because of the matince.

My usual DW Hour was around 8:00 PM EDT, so the end of this maintenance being 9PM EDT doesn't bother me much, as long as it's not extended further.

I tend to look around as much as possible to find patches of berries that I can water constantly for some extra Dream Points. I'm almost ready for a third row, and I'll try to get the EV reducers from looking around Japanese Dream Shelves.

Well I'm glad that one of my favorite youtubers is also upset about the whole relying on the time you log into Dream World and only have an hour to do possibly everything before waiting a WHOLE STINKIN DAY thing. I hope they improve that flaw in the future

Well I'm glad that one of my favorite youtubers is also upset about the whole relying on the time you log into Dream World and only have an hour to do possibly everything before waiting a WHOLE STINKIN DAY thing. I hope they improve that flaw in the future

I wouldn't be too angry -- it's a rather elegant solution for what would be a massive server stress. Imagine if someone was on the DW for 3 hours a day. Now imagine if 100,000 people were on the DW for 3 hours a day. There's no way that Pokemon could institute the GL and remain profitable that way.

I wouldn't be too angry -- it's a rather elegant solution for what would be a massive server stress. Imagine if someone was on the DW for 3 hours a day. Now imagine if 100,000 people were on the DW for 3 hours a day. There's no way that Pokemon could institute the GL and remain profitable that way.

Good point but well 2 hours would be more time to actually get lots of pokemon and berries

Back online yes, but I can't access the Dream World again, just like the first couple days.
CURSE YOU FENNEEEEEEEEEELLL!!
edit: And two seconds after posting this, I get in. Lulz.

Thats odd...I just bplayed minigames to befriend an Oddish and a Mareep, but once I completed the games I got an "unexpected error" and got returned to the login screen...twice. Anyone else having this problem?

Good point but well 2 hours would be more time to actually get lots of pokemon and berries

But double the length of time, you double the server stress. And if Fennel's already having to troll half of the fandom to death with one hour, I don't think that increasing that number would be wise at this point.

Thats odd...I just bplayed minigames to befriend an Oddish and a Mareep, but once I completed the games I got an "unexpected error" and got returned to the login screen...twice. Anyone else having this problem?
The server just finished undergoing maintenance. I got what you mentioned once, plus a couple of those Japanese error messages. Should be gone by now though.

Also (big news): I just found a Tamato and a Qualot berry in the Windswept Sky! Huzzah!!
(I also got a female Murkrow with Roost <3)

I've got a question. If it's possible, how can you find out how many Dream Points you have?

i got a problem okay it seem i have 2590 dream points thus openning a new area in dream world but everytime i go to dream world bridge it put me in "windswept sky" but i dont want to go there i want to keep going to "pleasant forest" to befrind a shinx female now is there an option to choose where i want to go i am stuck!

Back
Top Bottom