• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Re: The "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

Hacked.. their OT gives it away (the most common event Ho-Oh are 10ANNIV and MATTLE, iirc).
Well that sucks. I swear, for every legit Pokemon I get I get ten hacks. ;_;

Uh....Navel Rock Ho-Oh...I offer one in my Legendary Trading
Ho-oh.png
This is mine.

Uh....Navel Rock Ho-Oh...

Was the ticket ever released for Emerald (since both came from Hoenn)? I get the feeling it was for FRLG, but not Emerald...

...Huh.

Well disregard me saying it was hacked, then. XD

According to Bulbapedia it's available for Emerald...

It might have been released on emerald, but its still works in FR/LG, the Navel Rock and Birth Island are in those games and that's how you access them.

Was the ticket ever released for Emerald (since both came from Hoenn)? I get the feeling it was for FRLG, but not Emerald...

The Mystic Ticket was distributed after the release of Emerald in the USA, in the Pokémon Rocks America 2005 I think. I got mine for both my LeafGreen and Emerald in a Mexican electronic and games convention on October 2005 (around the same date of the USA event), from the Pokémon stand. Otherwise, I could not have caught a shiny Lugia via PRNG abusing.

I just did my first trade on the GTS today. A simple kadabra for a kadabra in order for it to evolve.

Pokemon: Alakazam lvl 16
Area: Route 203
Level encountered: 5
OT: Shi Lun
ID: 64262
Ball: Master Ball
Moves: Teleport and confusion
Stats: HP:44, Atk:25, Def:20, SP.atk:58, SP:36, Spe:40
Nature: Quiet

The only thing really out of place is the master ball, but I can't figure why someone would bother with the trade if they could make the hack in the first place.
Question though: If it is a hack, can it cause any harm to my game?

Thanks for your help

My friend gave me a shiny Bagon a while back and I've always been a little suspicious of it...

Pokemon Species: Bagon (Now a Salamence)
Nickname: Quim (my friend is a bit crude...)
Ribbons: Sinnoh Champ (None when recieved)
Ball: Ultra
Area encountered: Route 229
Level encountered: 51
OT: D'arcy (My friend's name) 27120
Moves: I don't remember what it came with, but they were legit Lv51 wild Bagon moves. Has Intimidate ability.
Stats: HP. 208, Atk. 180, Def. 132, SpAtk. 158, SpDef. 99, Spd. 152

The only thing which looks really out of place there is it being caught on Rt229 where there are no Bagon. Do you think he was perhaps using an AR code to make one appear there (and make it shiny)?

You cannot catch Bagon on 229, nor can you catch him at level 59

hack.

I just did my first trade on the GTS today. A simple kadabra for a kadabra in order for it to evolve.

Pokemon: Alakazam lvl 16
Area: Route 203
Level encountered: 5
OT: Shi Lun
ID: 64262
Ball: Master Ball
Moves: Teleport and confusion
Stats: HP:44, Atk:25, Def:20, SP.atk:58, SP:36, Spe:40
Nature: Quiet

The only thing really out of place is the master ball, but I can't figure why someone would bother with the trade if they could make the hack in the first place.
Question though: If it is a hack, can it cause any harm to my game?

Thanks for your help

Some people just use the infinite Master Ball code so they can catch everything without wasting money on Balls.

yes, that would be nice.

I got a Level 70 Celebi ( CELEBI) OT MAIKE ( May´s german name o_O) ID 346475, in a masterball.

I bet it is hacked because of the ball. A list of all possible Celebi IDs would be nice, though. Because I´ll try to find a legit in the GTS although it might be impossible.

A hacked pokemon isn´t that risky isn´t it? ^^;

A hacked pokemon is risky because it will make your game go mad. E.G missingno in red/blue. He was a glitch,when you killed him ythe 6th slotted item became 999 and if you caught him it restarted game with glitches. here are some ways to tell (i got tons of hackee's.)
Ball; check the level, and the ball e.g. lvl 70 arcesus cauight in a reugluar pokeball. HACKED!
moveset; go online to see if that pokemon can learn a move that seems wierd on it. if it's not listed it's hacked.
stats; impossible to get 999 every stat, if it does it's obviously hacked.
appearence; is it shiny? there are 2 ways to tell when it's hacked via shiny.
If it's lengendary it will be hacked.
If it's a normal pokemon ask the person if he/she used AR (Action Replay)

How to deal with hacked's?
Lots of ways. First if you KNOW it's hacked keep it in a box without any pokemon you will use to stop spreading glitches. If you release it that will be safest. Minimum glitching if the best thing. :phew: atleast you now know how to avoid glitches.

A hacked pokemon is risky because it will make your game go mad. E.G missingno in red/blue. He was a glitch,when you killed him ythe 6th slotted item became 999 and if you caught him it restarted game with glitches. here are some ways to tell (i got tons of hackee's.)
Ball; check the level, and the ball e.g. lvl 70 arcesus cauight in a reugluar pokeball. HACKED!
moveset; go online to see if that pokemon can learn a move that seems wierd on it. if it's not listed it's hacked.
stats; impossible to get 999 every stat, if it does it's obviously hacked.
appearence; is it shiny? there are 2 ways to tell when it's hacked via shiny.
If it's lengendary it will be hacked.
If it's a normal pokemon ask the person if he/she used AR (Action Replay)

How to deal with hacked's?
Lots of ways. First if you KNOW it's hacked keep it in a box without any pokemon you will use to stop spreading glitches. If you release it that will be safest. Minimum glitching if the best thing. :phew: atleast you now know how to avoid glitches.

I'd agree with most of your points, but have to disagree with some...

Legendaries caught with mere Poke Balls? Difficult to do, but definitely possible. It all depends on your patience and your Ball supply. Also, some event Pokemon (like the 10th Anniversary giveaways) are given away in a Poke Ball, so the ball isn't always the best way to tell what's hack and what's not.

Also, shiny legendaries are definitely possible, but only if there is a legit way of battling the Pokemon before catching. Again this requires patience in soft-resetting until the Pokemon comes out shiny. Event Pokemon are almost always given away in their normal coloring, with a few exceptions (like the Pikachu-colored Pichu).

As for dealing with a hack... Well, that depends both on the data that was hacked in the Pokemon, and on what's your stand in keeping a hack. Pokemon who were hacked into existence with regular moves, abilities, and stats are almost certain to be safe despite their vile origin (heheh), but get rid of any that seem to have too high stats, or (like in one experience of mine) base experience (at Lv. 100) that's higher/lower than what the game set for that Pokemon (check Bulbapedia for this info). Moves and abilities that the Pokemon shouldn't have is a big no-no too, so get rid of those in a hurry.

Hope that helps!

DARKRAI (cherish ball)
OT: ALAMOS
Naughty, Jun. 1, 2008
HP 145, Atk 104, Def 99, SpAtk 144, SpDef 86, Spe 133
Ability: Bad dreams
Roar of Time
Special Rend
Nightmare
Hypnosis
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon.

Thats my Darkrai, Im pretty sure rot and sr are event moves but Im not sure.

DARKRAI (cherish ball)
OT: ALAMOS
Naughty, Jun. 1, 2008
HP 145, Atk 104, Def 99, SpAtk 144, SpDef 86, Spe 133
Ability: Bad dreams
Roar of Time
Special Rend
Nightmare
Hypnosis
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon.

Thats my Darkrai, Im pretty sure rot and sr are event moves but Im not sure.

Yup, seems like a legit Alamos Darkrai to me. All the info you gave checks out.

Awesome :D
Another check:

Shaymin(japanese name)
serious, Jul 10 2008
Pokemon Movie 09
HP 163, Atk 116, Def 112, SpAtk 114, SpDef 115, Spe 118
Seed Flare
Aromatherapy
Substitute
Energy Ball
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon

Another Shaymin:
Shaymin (japanese name)
modest, Jul. 6, 2006
Pokemon Movie 08
Hp 169, Atk 99, Def 114, SpAtk 122, SpDef 112, Spe 119
The rest is the same as above one.

Both are in cherish balls and holding micle berrys, and lvl 50.

I'm no expert but it looks fine to me, its got no moves it couldn't learn at its current level and the stats look fine and on Diamond you are able to catch them on route 209 at level 17 with the Poke-radar so it looks legit.

(yeah it's old but w/e)
So... what about the fact that it's in a Cherish Ball?

I'd agree with most of your points, but have to disagree with some...

Legendaries caught with mere Poke Balls? Difficult to do, but definitely possible. It all depends on your patience and your Ball supply. Also, some event Pokemon (like the 10th Anniversary giveaways) are given away in a Poke Ball, so the ball isn't always the best way to tell what's hack and what's not.

Also, shiny legendaries are definitely possible, but only if there is a legit way of battling the Pokemon before catching. Again this requires patience in soft-resetting until the Pokemon comes out shiny. Event Pokemon are almost always given away in their normal coloring, with a few exceptions (like the Pikachu-colored Pichu).

As for dealing with a hack... Well, that depends both on the data that was hacked in the Pokemon, and on what's your stand in keeping a hack. Pokemon who were hacked into existence with regular moves, abilities, and stats are almost certain to be safe despite their vile origin (heheh), but get rid of any that seem to have too high stats, or (like in one experience of mine) base experience (at Lv. 100) that's higher/lower than what the game set for that Pokemon (check Bulbapedia for this info). Moves and abilities that the Pokemon shouldn't have is a big no-no too, so get rid of those in a hurry.

Hope that helps!
Action replay has a code called "all pokemon 100% capture nop matter ball" and not many people actually soft reset due to getting annoyed and maybe blaming their DS. Trust me, i barely have the patience let alone the balls

I got a mew from a trade a couple of days ago, I feel like I'm in no need to doubt it but I just want a different opinion.
MEW
Lv: 38
OT: Aura
ID No. 20078
Mild nature
Hoenn, arrived at Lv. 38.
Good endurance.
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Metronome, Transform, Bullet Seed, Mega Punch

Stats:

HP: 128
Attack: 82
Defense: 76
Sp. Atk: 96
Sp. Def: 82
Speed: 86
here's a way to tell. OT and ID. for mew it should be 10ANIV as OT but not sure bout ID. I think mews come at level 30 or 70. by looking at OT i reckon it's hacked. But i can't help much i have never had a event myself!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom