• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

I would definatly send those through pokécheck to get their hidden info checked out because off the top of my head I don't see anything wrong with them, though based on the traders willingness to let them go for common mons like that, my flags are waving that they're either hacks or clones, so pokécheck will let you see what you can't in-game.

Good luck.

Thanks, would you be willing to tell me where I can find the pokecheck?

CLICK HERE :)

Doesn't mean to be x)
But ya, run it through there and you'll be sure without a doubt if those are hacks (though I don't think you'll be able to upload anything with a event/premier ribbon come to think of it D:) But league ribbons are fine.

@Antiproton

I have this shiny Tepig received in a trade over GTS.

Pokemon Species:Tepig
Nickname:ポカブ (Pokabu which is specie's name in Japan)
Ribbons:none
Ball:pokeball
Area encountered:egg received form Day-Care Couple (13.of March,2011.),apparently hatched at Route 3(13.of March,2011.)
Level encountered:hatched,I got it at lv. 1
OT:regular Japanese name,three characters.
Moves:Tackle
Ability:Blaze
Stats:12/6/6/5/6/6

Thank you for your time.

Area encountered:egg received form Day-Care Couple (13.of March,2011.),apparently hatched at Route 3(13.of March,2011.)

Thank you for your time.

Is there anything that specifically makes you worry? Or is it just because it's a trade?

I got a shiny Lanturn over GTS, when I offered a female Eevee. The reason I have doubts about her is that any Lanturn would have been accepted in the trade (despite the rarity of a female Eevee, as I've realized I could get almost anything for one of those) so the player would have either hacked a shiny Lanturn so it wasn't a big deal, or didn't see shinies as a big deal at all...

Pokemon Species: Lanturn
Nickname: Lanturn
Ribbons: None
Ball: Great ball
Area encountered: Route 221
Level encountered: 28 (same level as it is now)
OT: Diamond
Moves: Take Down. Flash. Waterfall. Whirpool. (I may have have taught it those last two myself.)
Stats: Attack: 41.
Defence: 48.
Sp.Atk: 49.
SP.Def: 56
Speed: 48
HP: 111

Thank you for your time.

Iggz could you do us a favor and upload the pokemon to pokecheck.org and post the legality analysis picture? It would help a lot in determining its legality of the Tepig :)

I got a shiny Lanturn over GTS, when I offered a female Eevee. The reason I have doubts about her is that any Lanturn would have been accepted in the trade (despite the rarity of a female Eevee, as I've realized I could get almost anything for one of those) so the player would have either hacked a shiny Lanturn so it wasn't a big deal, or didn't see shinies as a big deal at all...

Pokemon Species: Lanturn
Nickname: Lanturn
Ribbons: None
Ball: Great ball
Area encountered: Route 221
Level encountered: 28 (same level as it is now)
OT: Diamond
Moves: Take Down. Flash. Waterfall. Whirpool. (I may have have taught it those last two myself.)
Stats: Attack: 41.
Defence: 48.
Sp.Atk: 49.
SP.Def: 56
Speed: 48
HP: 111

Unless the Lanturn was hatched on Route 221 it is not legitimate. Neither Chinchou nor Lanturn can be caught on Route 221. More information to check the IV's would be nice, such as Nature, Characteristic, any EV training you are certain of. However, by the looks of it, the IV's are fairly random/low if it has been EV Trained.

I ran Tepig trough Pokecheck and it says following:

OT:
Name Male ギター
Language Japanese
Trainer ID 03655
Secret ID 32920
Region Unova (Black)
Markings none

Encounter:
Fateful No
Type Not set in generation 5
At level Egg
Egg received Day-Care Couple
Date Mar 13, 2011
Hatched/Met Route 3

Stats and moveset:
Skill Base IV EV Stat Cntst
HP (Sheen) 65 29 0 12 0
Attack (Cool) 63 11 0 6 0
Defense 45 24 0 6 0
Sp. Attack 45 4 0 5 0
Sp. Defense 45 18 0 6 0
Speed 45 17 0 6 0
Hidden Power 51 ,Poison
Move Type BP Acc PP PP+
Tackle 50 100% 35 0
Date Mar 13, 2011
Pokéball Poké Ball

Pokemon:
Dex Number 498
Pokémon Tepig (dex)
Type Fire
Nicknamed No, ポカブ
Gender Male
PID 0xB0F03E28
Shiny Yes
Experience 0 (level 1)
Nature Serious
Ability Blaze
Held Item None
Happiness 70
Pokérus No
No ribbons.

Legality:
Original Trainer

► Language Japanese
► Version Unova (Black)
► ID/SID The pair 3655/32920 looks valid.
► OT ギター\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000
All characters in name are valid.
Valid trash bytes.
► GTS Metadata No GTS metadata available for this trainer.
Pokémon
► PID Valid
► Shininess Valid
► Nickname ポカブ\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF
Name contains no trash bytes.
► Gender Matches personality value.
► Ability Valid, matches PID.
► Pokérus Not infected.
► Level Valid
► Happiness Valid
Encounter
► Locations Pokémon obtained as egg.
Hatch/Met location seems valid.
► Ball Valid Pokéball
Stats & Moves
► IVs Valid
► EVs Valid
► Move 1 Valid (level up)
Clone status
This Pokémon is unique in the Pokécheck database.

Sorry for the length of the post. Everything seems normal to me. What are your opinions?

I ran Tepig trough Pokecheck and it says following:

OT:
Name Male ギター
Language Japanese
Trainer ID 03655
Secret ID 32920
Region Unova (Black)
Markings none

Encounter:
Fateful No
Type Not set in generation 5
At level Egg
Egg received Day-Care Couple
Date Mar 13, 2011
Hatched/Met Route 3

Stats and moveset:
Skill Base IV EV Stat Cntst
HP (Sheen) 65 29 0 12 0
Attack (Cool) 63 11 0 6 0
Defense 45 24 0 6 0
Sp. Attack 45 4 0 5 0
Sp. Defense 45 18 0 6 0
Speed 45 17 0 6 0
Hidden Power 51 ,Poison
Move Type BP Acc PP PP+
Tackle 50 100% 35 0
Date Mar 13, 2011
Pokéball Poké Ball

Pokemon:
Dex Number 498
Pokémon Tepig (dex)
Type Fire
Nicknamed No, ポカブ
Gender Male
PID 0xB0F03E28
Shiny Yes
Experience 0 (level 1)
Nature Serious
Ability Blaze
Held Item None
Happiness 70
Pokérus No
No ribbons.

Legality:
Original Trainer

► Language Japanese
► Version Unova (Black)
► ID/SID The pair 3655/32920 looks valid.
► OT ギター\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000
Valid trash bytes.
► GTS Metadata No GTS metadata available for this trainer.
Pokémon
► PID Valid
► Shininess Valid
► Nickname ポカブ\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF
Name contains no trash bytes.
► Gender Matches personality value.
► Ability Valid, matches PID.
► Pokérus Not infected.
► Level Valid
► Happiness Valid
Encounter
► Locations Pokémon obtained as egg.
Hatch/Met location seems valid.
► Ball Valid Pokéball
Stats & Moves
► IVs Valid
► EVs Valid
► Move 1 Valid (level up)
Clone status
This Pokémon is unique in the Pokécheck database.

Sorry for the length of the post. Everything seems normal to me. What are your opinions?

I must warn you that this is my first time I'm trying my hand at this particular subject. I try my best though :p As far as I can see, all is well and good. Why would someone make a Shiny with those IV's? Unless anyone else has some thoughts, I'd say you have a very shiny bred Tepig!

Unless the Lanturn was hatched on Route 221 it is not legitimate. Neither Chinchou nor Lanturn can be caught on Route 221. More information to check the IV's would be nice, such as Nature, Characteristic, any EV training you are certain of. However, by the looks of it, the IV's are fairly random/low if it has been EV Trained.

Considering it was met at level 28 and it IS 28 it can't have been hatched. So I guess my suspicion was right. (I'm still keeping it though. If anything its been a useful HM-slave:p)

I must warn you that this is my first time I'm trying my hand at this particular subject. I try my best though :p As far as I can see, all is well and good. Why would someone make a Shiny with those IV's? Unless anyone else has some thoughts, I'd say you have a very shiny bred Tepig!

Thank you very much for your time : )

I'm really confused why this one thing happens. In my white version, when both of my pokemon die on a double battle at the same time, i can't send out other pokemon. it won't let me click the "shift" option and i'm basically stuck there untill i turn off my DS, can anyone explain this?

I'm really confused why this one thing happens. In my white version, when both of my pokemon die on a double battle at the same time, i can't send out other pokemon. it won't let me click the "shift" option and i'm basically stuck there untill i turn off my DS, can anyone explain this?

This is not a glitch. You just need to first select the Pokemon you want to switch in, then select the fainted Pokemon. Do this for both fainted Pokemon.

What does it mean when a Pokémon's secret ID is zero? I recently acquired a Hadou Mew and everything checks out except for its SID and maybe it's moveset.
Sword Dance, Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Zen Headbutt, level ten, no experience. It's only supposed to have Pound and Transform, but I don't think that moveset is possible in gen. III, even using TMs.

List of Nintendo event Pokémon in 2005 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Trainer SID of 0 means that it is an event pokemon. At lest in 4th and 5th Gen. I assume its the same in the past.

What does it mean when a Pokémon's secret ID is zero? I recently acquired a Hadou Mew and everything checks out except for its SID and maybe it's moveset.
Sword Dance, Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Zen Headbutt, level ten, no experience. It's only supposed to have Pound and Transform, but I don't think that moveset is possible in gen. III, even using TMs.

List of Nintendo event Pokémon in 2005 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Mew can learn Swords Dance via TM in every generation, as well as Drain Punch being taught via TM in gen 4. Sucker Punch/Zen Headbutt can be tutored to Mew in gen 4.

I recently got a shiny riolu from Safari Zone on IV gen GTS. Date ok, safari ball ok.

But, it says its level is 46. Serebii pokedex says riolu can be found at Safari Zone only by level 45. Bulbapedia says it can be found by levels 45-46. Which is correct? I'd like to train this riolu, but I'm with this doubt...

Last edited:
I would say upload it to PokeCheck and if you still have questions post the image of the legality analysis here. There are some things it doesn't quite catch (False Positives too)

I don't understood exactly how to use PokeCheck, and I can't take a photo, sadly. But, that is its info:

Riolu

Nature: lax
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Feint/Reversal/Screech/Copycat
Date: Jan. 31, 2012
Info: Apparently met at level 46, somewhat vain
OT: Kisa (same as who offered on GTS)
ID N°: 15591

HP: 100
Attack: 80
Defense: 53
Sp. Atk: 48
Sp. Def: 50
Speed: 62

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom