• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

Yeah, that boulders stay where you pushed them rocks, especially to catch multiple musharnas in the dreamyard.

Wild Evolved pokemon (no more being paranoid of using Evolution Stones)
Wild names being lowercased
Zekrom/Reshiram not saying "wild" before it. (Zekrom used Dragonbreath, not Wild Zekrom)
animated sprites
Reuseable TMs

That the days are shorter in winter and longer in summer. Also the faster battles are great as a battle that would take 5 mins in gen IV is about 2 mins in B/W. Also Reuseable TMs as I dont have to spend hours just to get one move for my pokemon. Also that pokemons eyes shut when there asleep.

i agree on the dowsing machine being way better!!

also... a really small aesthetic thing... but i think a pokemon actually closing its eyes when its asleep is cool!

How all the foreign labguage trainers are either backpackers or hikers

You know those gates just before Victory Road that you cross? At first, there is just silence in the background. As you step in further, more instruments are added in. I think that's neat :)

I love how large/heavy pokemon make a loud thud when sent out.

Also the battle music for a gym leader last pokemon is great!

I love the inclusion of two sports arenas. But why does Little Court have only 2 sports (Basketball, Tennis) to Big Stadium's 3? (Baseball, Soccer, Tennis) I think Volleyball could work as a 3rd sport for Little Court.

Also loving the vast quantity of wild evolved Pokemon up for grabs.

Finally, as someone who lives in New York City, likes trains, and is a geography, the references to NYC/New Jersey Geography and subways really excites me.

I like that when you are walking in a route the music gets more instruments added in when you're moving.

How the player obtains the Super Rod in this game. Seriously?

..I lol'd. 'He' explained it with such ferocity, and I imagine he would've had a straight face on while speaking.

How the player obtains the Super Rod in this game. Seriously?

..I lol'd. 'He' explained it with such ferocity, and I imagine he would've had a straight face on while speaking.

What does that have to do with anything?
WHY ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!!1!1!one!1

I lol'd real hard with that one too, especially because of Looker acting with such solemnity: "Oh what an interesting question, dear lady, and I shall answer it.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

I felt like being Rick'rolled.

I don't know if this was true in HG/SS, but I like how E4 v2.0 uses a different dialogue when you rematch them after beating the game. It flows better than the same introductory dialogue that just hi-lights how programmed the characters are. At least now they can say it as many times as they want and it will still sound natural.

There was one little thing that freaked me out, it was when diglett came out of the pokeball. I suppose that they couldn't have had it fall out of the pokeball like other pokemon, due to the face that it would have raised a bunch of questions.

But it still looked like a weird blob until it took shape.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom