• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

Without Life Orb there's no point in using Last Resort. Pixilate's great, but not enough. Good point about using multiple attack moves, though -- that way, I can't be ruined with Taunt.

Ground is super effective against both Poison and Steel, but Sylveon only has access to Dig. Or HP Ground, of course, but that's Special and this is a Physical set. Of course, Wish/Dig isn't a bad combo. No Fire or Fighting moves, and only Synchronoise for Psychic, so looks like Dig is it. Maybe Curse/Wish/Dig/LastResort.

You know that Sylveon is rocking a 65 Base Power Attack. Last Resort is really going to do nothing. Sylveon's SpA, HP and SpD makes it a much better Special Wall than even trying to use Last Resort despite it being 140 Power and 273 Power after Pixilate and STAB.

Without Life Orb there's no point in using Last Resort. Pixilate's great, but not enough. Good point about using multiple attack moves, though -- that way, I can't be ruined with Taunt.

Ground is super effective against both Poison and Steel, but Sylveon only has access to Dig. Or HP Ground, of course, but that's Special and this is a Physical set. Of course, Wish/Dig isn't a bad combo. No Fire or Fighting moves, and only Synchronoise for Psychic, so looks like Dig is it. Maybe Curse/Wish/Dig/LastResort.

You know that Sylveon is rocking a 65 Base Power Attack. Last Resort is really going to do nothing. Sylveon's SpA, HP and SpD makes it a much better Special Wall than even trying to use Last Resort despite it being 140 Power and 273 Power after Pixilate and STAB.

Yeah, I know. I like unusual movesets, though. Plus, I wanna at least give it a try. Theory is all fine and dandy, but a lot of things work differently in practice than in theory.

I was gonna run some Damage Calculations for it but it seems Pokemon Showdown doesn't have Last Resort in its programming. Maybe because its not a competitively viable move. It would likely hit your average Dragon type for a little more than half damage. Might as well kiss Sylveon goodbye because one good earthquake kills Sylveon.

250px-473Mamoswine.png

Kara the Mamoswine

Ability: Oblivious
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Icicle Crash

EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
IVs: 31/30/31/31/31/31

I chose the ability Oblivious over Thick Fat in order to prevent Mamoswine from falling for taunts since he's the stealth rock set-up for my team. So in this case focus sash is self-explanatory since he needs it to survive grass knot, water, fire and fighting attacks. Gave him Ice Shard for priority before he goes down. Gave him Earthquake so he has rock, steel, fire, and poison coverage, and icicle crash for a stronger ice STAB attack in case he does survive the initial turn of set-up with a lot more than 1 hp from the sash.

Last edited:
View attachment 93239

Kara the Mamoswine

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Icicle Crash

I chose the ability Oblivious over Thick Fat in order to prevent Mamoswine from falling for taunts since he's the stealth rock set-up for my team. So in this case focus sash is self-explanatory since he needs it to survive grass knot, water, fire and fighting attacks. Gave him Ice Shard for priority before he goes down. Gave him Earthquake so he has rock, steel, fire, and poison coverage, and icicle crash for a stronger ice STAB attack in case he does survive the initial turn of set-up with a lot more than 1 hp from the sash.

I would definitely run Thick Fat over Oblivious. The weakening of its Fire weakness is definitely much better than preventing something that could easily be swapped out of, especially considering your Mamoswine set is also running 3 attack. Otherwise the set it good. I would recommend running Lefties over Focus Band.

View attachment 93239

Kara the Mamoswine

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Icicle Crash

I would definitely run Thick Fat over Oblivious. The weakening of its Fire weakness is definitely much better than preventing something that could easily be swapped out of, especially considering your Mamoswine set is also running 3 attack. Otherwise the set it good. I would recommend running Lefties over Focus Band.

Lefties are no good on Mamo, he's very much an offensive lead. I would agree that Thick Fat is better, though. My personal favorite Mamoswine set is

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Thick Fat
Naughty/Naive
240 Atk/16 Sp Atk/252 Speed
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard
~Freeze-Dry

This allows you to beat Defensive Rotom Wash (your most common switch-in, and the most common Pokémon in OU period. It also nails Gyarados, Quagsire, Gastrodon, Kingdra, etc)

No Choice

Mega Gengar
2ikkzd.gif

IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
EVs: 220 HP/252 Speed/38 Special Attack
Ability: Levitate ➜ Shadow Tag
Nature: Timid
Item: Gengarite
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Disable
Protect​

Because I had some time on my hands and thought to myself, "Y'know, Mega Gengar just isn't broken enough."

How it works:

Turn 1: Protect + Mega Evolve
Turn 2: Disable
Turn 3: Shadow Ball/Focus Blast until everything is dead.​

The primary role of this set is to counter Choice item users, who will be trapped into Struggle with no way of switching out, but against other opponents it still boasts the benefit of blocking your foe's preferred attack - which may have been their only viable counter to Gengar!

Most of the standard Special Attack EVs were subbed out for HP to give him a better shot at disabling the Scarfers he can't outrun (for those interested 220 was chosen to survive Terrakion's Earthquake at level 50 - at level 100, on the other hand, 200 will suffice).

Last edited:
No Choice
Mega Gengar
2ikkzd.gif

IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
EVs: 220 HP/252 Speed/38 Special Attack
Ability: Levitate ➜ Shadow Tag
Item: Gengarite
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Disable
Protect​

Because I had some time on my hands and thought to myself, "Y'know, Mega Gengar just isn't broken enough."

How it works:

Turn 1: Protect + Mega Evolve
Turn 2: Disable
Turn 3: Shadow Ball/Focus Blast until everything is dead.​

The primary role of this set is to counter Choice item users, who will be trapped into Struggle with no way of switching out, but against other opponents it still boasts the benefit of blocking your foe's preferred attack - which may have been their only viable counter to Gengar!

Most of the standard Special Attack EVs were subbed out for HP to give him a better shot at disabling the Scarfers he can't outrun (for those interested 220 was chosen to survive Terrakion's Earthquake at level 50 - at level 100, on the other hand, 200 will suffice).

How does it fair in Ubers? You have to remember that most Pokemon that work in OU won't work in Ubers.

To be honest I'm not even sure what to test it against to get an idea of how viable it is in Ubers - what are the most common Choice users in Ubers?

To be honest I'm not even sure what to test it against to get an idea of how viable it is in Ubers - what are the most common Choice users in Ubers?

I think most Pokemon in Ubers don't run choice as most have their own personal item. I think LO if the main item that is used in Ubers.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

Brave, 31/31/31/x/31/0
252 Def, 252 SpD, 6 HP

-Gyro Ball/Seed Bomb/Iron Head/Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock

I'm not entirely sure about certain aspects of Ferro (the aspects with all the slashes), so I hope anyone can help me out here :)

Edit: I'm not sure about its EVs either, so if someone could give me some feedback on those, that'd be great

Unfortunately you're Brave rather than Relaxed, which hinders any defensive sets you might try running (you could still do it, it just wouldn't be as good). I'd rec the Band set, it's a pretty good lure/physical tank.

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Iron Barbs
Brave
248 HP/252 Atk/8 Sp Def
~Gyro Ball
~Power Whip
~Bulldoze
~Explosion

So I've been trying out an Offensive Whimsicott and it's working out great so far, but I realized I've made a bit of a goof.

whimsicott.gif

Whimsicott@Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP

Moveset:
Moonblast
Giga Drain
Hurricane
Leech Seed

Yeah, Leech Seed makes no sense on a Choiced Set, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to replace it with. Or do you think I should give it a different item? Any other suggestions in general are welcome, too~

So I've been trying out an Offensive Whimsicott and it's working out great so far, but I realized I've made a bit of a goof.

whimsicott.gif

Whimsicott@Choice Specs
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP

Moveset:
Moonblast
Giga Drain
Hurricane
Leech Seed

Yeah, Leech Seed makes no sense on a Choiced Set, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to replace it with. Or do you think I should give it a different item? Any other suggestions in general are welcome, too~

Psychic and Shadow Ball are the two biggest ones I can think off. Probably go with Shadow Ball considering that Moonblast covers most of Psychic's SE types.

whimsicott.gif

Whimsicott@Choice Specs
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP

Moveset:
Moonblast
Giga Drain
Hurricane
Leech Seed

Psychic and Shadow Ball are the two biggest ones I can think off. Probably go with Shadow Ball considering that Moonblast covers most of Psychic's SE types.

Well, in thinking about it, Psychic could help with the quad weakness to Poison. Do you still suggest Shadow Ball over Psychic, though?

Gliscor:
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 Sp Def
Ability: Poison Heal
Iteam: Toxic Orb
Moves:
Earthquake
Substitute
Toxic
Roost

Standard Gliscor set with pointless Attack EVs. Why invest in Attack when you only have one attacking move? Should be 252 in HP.

Just finished training this guy for the Battle Maison Singles. Just have to level him up and he'll be ready to go.

Gyrados @Gyradosite
Intimidate
15/31/15/15/15/15
252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 4 Spe
Adament

Ice Fang
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge/Earthquake

Could anyway maybe suggest teammates? And im not sure on that 4th move. Thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom