• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rise of Darkrai TV Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I should have known they wouldn't even try it. This seemed like a perfect chance to get Pokemon back to movie theatres, but apparently, PUSA dosen't think so.

Oh well, I'll live.

Ya'll got CRAZY over nothing.

Even I saw this coming from a mile away.

The CN commercial obviously had no idea what it was talking about.

Realistically, there was no way Movie 10 was going to theaters, especially after a CN showing.

And with that being said, its obvious none of the following D/P movies will be in theaters either, since if they were going to put one there, this one would be it.

BIGGEST LET DOWN EVER!

Gee, thanks alot Fried Dynamite kid. You dirty liar.

BIGGEST LET DOWN EVER!

Gee, thanks alot Fried Dynamite kid. You dirty liar.

Yeah, WTF!!!1

That does it, where's my pitchfork!

Anyway, CN's wrong a lot of times, so this was nothing new. >_>

Oh poo. I was hoping for some theatre time.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing it on TV regardless. Should be a fun night :)

I like how they avoided the fact that it wasn't so much word of mouth amongst the fans as much as it was...out of the mouth of the guy who was doing the trailer voice over or whoever wrote it.

Atleast with us knowing it won't be in theaters there's a greater chance for a WiFi Darkrai give away as opposed to a theatre one.

Meh. I knew this was coming, but it was a fun thought for a while!

If anyone in or around Oklahoma City wants a watching buddy, shoot me a line :D

Actually, what the kid on CN said is technically still true, even if the movie never comes to theatres. ;-)

Knew it. I'm actually surprised at how many people were believing what CN said for so long and for getting so excited without any other proof. This is the same host that said that the movie would premier in March on CN last week and now the date is Feburary 24th. Besides that, it just seemed so wrong with having a television premier followed by a theater release. That makes much more sense for a DVD release. Even as a limited release, PUSA knew how poorly the movie would do, considering how poorly the other films did in the box office over time. Anyway, Pokemon isn't as popular as it was back then so that further shows how it wouldn't do as well in theaters. I wasn't really buying this unless PUSA or someone more reliable than Blake, the host from Fried Dynamite, or anyone else from CN to confirm this news.

Despite that, I hope that there will be a Wifi Darkrai giveaway at some point. The promo for the movie looks pretty cool too. It will be interesting how the premier turns out.

Well SURE it was totally hopeful and probably not true. But wishing is amazing, right? It at least brought back some good memories for me about seeing the first few in theaters!

Wow, thanks a lot stupid kid in Cartoon Network!
You made me waste $2000 just to buy a plane ticket to Japan so I can continue my Pokemon theater experience. */lie* XP

And YOU PUSA! Stop releasing crap DVD! 4Kids did 10x times a better job on their release (minus the video crop/reformatting to fullscreen -_-;)! */rant*

kthxbye

Would have been pretty silly to air it on TV before releasing it in theatres. Nobody would be that stupid. Why would anyone buy a movie ticket if they had seen it on TV already? Why would they spend all this investment that is necessary for a theatrical release?

Would have been pretty silly to air it on TV before releasing it in theatres. Nobody would be that stupid. Why would anyone buy a movie ticket if they had seen it on TV already? Why would they spend all this investment that is necessary for a theatrical release?

A person would probably take their friends to see the movie if they haven't. Otherwise, I agree. It's kind of pointless to go to the theatres if you've seen it on TV for free.

And YOU PUSA! Stop releasing crap DVD! 4Kids did 10x times a better job on their release (minus the video crop/reformatting to fullscreen -_-;)! */rant*
What are you talking about? The PUSA release of Movie 9 was just as good as the other DVD Movies.

I disagree.

Whatever happened to audio commentaries being put on the Pokemon DVDs?

They made them for movies 1, 3, and 4.

But after that, they just stopped making them for no apparent reason. O.O

A person would probably take their friends to see the movie if they haven't. Otherwise, I agree. It's kind of pointless to go to the theatres if you've seen it on TV for free.
unless something was being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom