• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rise of Darkrai TV Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Deoxys movie, weren't some scenes cut out for the television premiere, but then reinstated for the DVD release? I wouldn't be surprised if that was done again, to be honest. It would be an incentive to see it in theatres.

I have a question for anyone who has seen the new movie. Without spoiling anything, could anyone tell me if there is a Movie opening with the season's theme song, similar to the first few movies?

I'm really hoping that PUSA makes a cool movie remix of the Diamond & Pearl Theme.

Yes, there is a couple of minutes in. Together works really well for the atmosphere involved, actually.

I don't think that any remix of the Diamond and Pearl Theme would ever sound good.

Yeah...the theme itself kinda sounds like a remix. Just making a 'normal' song would be strange at this point.

honestly i dont like the opening theme to diamond and pearl at all.....john seigler was the best......they should have stuck with him.....
but at least their going back to movies3-5? where they used the opening themes in the movies.

They did for Lucario too, although I can't remember if they did for Jirachi or Deoxys. I'd hope that they keep in Together (which will never happen), or at least use the instrumental version in the movie's remix.

Anything except for the Diamond and Pearl Theme... Ugh...

If they try to make the Diamond and Pearl theme any more 'cool', I'll throw up.

Oh gawd, that is my only main concern with the film. That rap will NOT fit in with the scene no matter what they do to it. It might just be better if they dub part of the scene (since it is silent) and play a piece of background music for it.

I also thought it would be funny if they replaced the Oracion song with a rap song at the end. I kept laughing to myself today thinking how hilarious that would be.

It's impossible to make the DP Rap any cooler.

You know, it occurs to me that there *was* a movie shown on tv and then released in theaters. It was called The Last Seduction, and a lot of critics thought the star should have been up for an Oscar, but she was deemed ineligable because it had been on tv first.

Matkin22 said:
For the Deoxys movie, weren't some scenes cut out for the television premiere, but then reinstated for the DVD release?

Yes.

But that was on Kids' WB! When the movie eventually aired on Cartoon Network, all the cut scenes had been restored.

Cartoon Network aired the Manaphy movie (practically) uncut, so there's no reason to believe they won't do the same with the Darkrai movie.

There is one thing that CN does which I don't like. And that's speeding up the credits!

I mean, from what I can tell, they don't speed up the credits to D/P episodes. So why would they bother speeding up credits to the 10th movie? But then again, every time CN has aired a Pokemon movie, they always speed up the credits. So most likely they'll do the same thing this time.

It would be GREAT, however, if they didn't do that! ^_^

Geez! I have a whole rant about this yesterday but the site was going so slow that my post didn't make it. *sighs*
Guess I'll make it short is sweet!
What are you talking about? The PUSA release of Movie 9 was just as good as the other DVD Movies.
Yeah, you go enjoy your low quality, ghosting and interlace video and MONO audio while I'll enjoy the original quality video with 5.1 surround sound. kthxbye

Movie 6, 7 and 9 doesn't have intro theme song in the original so there's no need for the dub. However movie 10 does and I'll kill myself PUSA if they put in that shitty DP rap in the movie! Hell, I'd prefer if they just put some random crap instrumental dub music from the show.
There is one thing that CN does which I don't like. And that's speeding up the credits! ...
The show credits lasted for 30 seconds so there's no need to speed it up. The movie credits last 4 minutes + and they need to speed it up to 1 minute or less when they air it on TV as the credits aren't important to the show, but still must be aired.

Geez! I have a whole rant about this yesterday but the site was going so slow that my post didn't make it. *sighs*
Guess I'll make it short is sweet!
Yeah, you go enjoy your low quality, ghosting and interlace video and MONO audio while I'll enjoy the original quality video with 5.1 surround sound. kthxbye
I don't have this DVD, but I really doubt it was in mono. I've seen mono tracks only on DVDs with very old movies (like for example Disney's Jungle Book from 1967), which this movie definitely is not. Plus it airs in stereo on CN, just like Pokémon episodes does. This lead me to assumption it was in stereo on DVD too. Why it wasn't in 5.1 while previous movies and even japanese original were, is a different question though.

Last edited:
Yes.

But that was on Kids' WB! When the movie eventually aired on Cartoon Network, all the cut scenes had been restored.

Cartoon Network aired the Manaphy movie (practically) uncut, so there's no reason to believe they won't do the same with the Darkrai movie.

Which is a good thing.Hopefully they use the original japaneese version for the 10th movie or do what funimation does and do an english version of the japaneese opening.

It worked then they did english translated version with kiddy grade and tenchi muyo GXP so why not with the diamond and pearl opening?

Movie 6, 7 and 9 doesn't have intro theme song in the original so there's no need for the dub. However movie 10 does and I'll kill myself PUSA if they put in that shitty DP rap in the movie!.

I...I did not think of that.

Holy crap. The tenth anniversary movie, which I'm reeeally looking forward to seeing dubbed just because that's the only way I'd be able to see it in decent detail...and they'll more than likely have the shittastic DP rap over the incredibly awesome (to me) intro.

I sense that I'm gonna have some really crappy sleep tonight. It's bad enough that they play that thing at all. They can't put it in an awesome-looking movie. They can't. They just can't. D: SNOVA and SOVA and any other Pokemon movement...move over...by god we gotta spare the dubbed DP movie from the DP rap song.

Well seriously, I really am very, very bothered that they'll probably put that thing in with this movie. ANY movie but this one. You can't add something that blatantly bad into an anniversary movie. Jeez.

Movie 6, 7 and 9 doesn't have intro theme song in the original so there's no need for the dub. However movie 10 does and I'll kill myself PUSA if they put in that shitty DP rap in the movie!.

I...I did not think of that.

Holy crap. The tenth anniversary movie, which I'm reeeally looking forward to seeing dubbed just because that's the only way I'd be able to see it in decent detail...and they'll more than likely have the shittastic DP rap over the incredibly awesome (to me) intro.

I sense that I'm gonna have some really crappy sleep tonight. It's bad enough that they play that thing at all. They can't put it in an awesome-looking movie. They can't. They just can't. D: SNOVA and SOVA and any other Pokemon movement...move over...by god we gotta spare the dubbed DP movie from the DP rap song.

Well seriously, I really am very, very bothered that they'll probably put that thing in with this movie. ANY movie but this one. You can't add something that blatantly bad into an anniversary movie. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom