• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shadows Light Casts

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shut up, baka!" Rei screamed before hearing Usagi scream about how she wasn't even saying anything. "It wasn't to you, baka!"

Rei's violet eyes turned to Nias, angrily. "I'll assure you that I won't kill you as long as you don't touch anybody important to me..." Rei whispered while throwing another ofuda on his arm, this time making sure it was much more powerful than the last.

Usagi turned around and looked at the two males. "I just realized... I never introduced myself. My name is Tsukino Usagi, and that girl there is named.."

"Never mind my name..." Rei interrupted quickly.

"Oh you're such a meanie, Rei-chan. Well, that's her name.. What's your names?" Usagi smiled.

Rei's eyes widened to her smile and her face reddened slightly. Why was she being so nice to them? They can very easily be dangerous especially the guy that she watched on tv herself; it's not like she didn't know the alien guy was evil! And, the demon boy, well, he looked evil in Rei's opinion.

Usagi was just like her mother, naive and kind to a fault. Thar was what led to this day being her anniversary of her death because she loved father too much to leave and find a better life.

Rei's lowered her eyes to the ground. Could her best friend end up like her mother? The thought killed her... If Usagi died, Rei didn't know what she'd do.

She guessed she'd have to find another reason to go on, just like she did when her mother died.

She looked at Nias, "Don't get any funny ideas..."

Nias yelped, grabbing his arm with a groan and letting his head hit the alleyway's wall with a dull thunk! "Man, and I thought being human was hard," he murmured, wincing as a lance of pain shot up his arm. He moaned, letting his eyes slip closed as he slid the dagger back into his jacket with one hand and let the other dangle uselessly, fingers twitching with every new throb of burn. One eye slid open when Usagi directed her attention at him, and he managed a weak smile.
"Nice to... meet a girl who doesn't attack you. It's... rare in this line of work," he wheezed, swallowing dryly. "My name's Nias Madriarch. Feel free to call me Nias," he mumbled, raising his good arm to rub the nape of his neck, his jacket rustling at the movement.
He blinked at the accusation, gleaming blue-gray eyes taking on a hurt look. It soon passed, and he pouted. "Yeah, well, as long as you don't burn my arm completely off, I don't have any beef with you or your friend."

His gleaming grayish blue eyes shocked her for a moment. Was he hurt by the accusations? The priestess looked away in shame.

Demons don't have feelings, do they?

The thought puzzled her, and it contradicted everything she had been told as a young girl before officially becoming a shinto priestess. Turning to look at him, she knew the two ofudas would only gain in power being together like a charm.

In a swift movement, she took the paper off his body but didn't bother apologizing as it wasn't her style. He'd better been happy that she was so kind.

Usagi smiled. "That's a nice name. I like it." She giggled pleasantly.

Rei nodded unintentionally then quickly walked faster as if she noticed something, dropping the used ofudas into a little stream of old water going along the sidewalk.

"Do you two have a place to stay? If not, you can stay with Rei-chan..." Usagi announced happily as she walked backwards, facing them.

Rei was about to protest but decided against it. It WOULD be easier to watch this Nias guy closely that way, anyways.

Nias' bat-like ears twitched, and he grinned, slightly sharpened teeth lining his mouth like a sharks. "Thank you," he replied, a thoughtful undertone in his voice. The human made demon watched Rei drop the strange tags that had burned his arm into the dirty water trickling along the sidewalk, and blinked when Usagi spoke to him once more. He let a tiny smile slip past his defenses, and thought about it, stretching his harmed arm until the elbow cracked. "Well, if you wouldn't mind having a demon in the house...?" He grinned, smoothing his hair back behind the tips of his ears. "After all, from what I gather, you're on a high horse about religion. Wouldn't I be a contradiction of God?" He snorted, a self-doubting look crowding his face. "Then again, I could be considered a contradiction of both God and the Devil... so I guess you could say that I'm an inbetweener?" He blinked contemplatively, before shrugging. "Eh, either way. Only thing you have to worry about is my keepers-" here he pointed to the ground, "checking up on me."

Rei didn't bother answering his question as they walked up the long steps, leading into her temple. They had plenty of rooms and soon, he'd meet her cousin's boyfriend who was also a half-demon, albeit, a much stronger powered demon than him.

"My grandfather has been sick for awhile so I hired someone to massage him to comfort him during his last days." She said suddenly, stopping Nias and allowing Usagi and the alien guy to keep walking. "If you need someone to help you feel better, you are welcome to ask for a massage."

She paused for a moment, watching Usagi walk off, then blushed for a second as if she had done something wrong. "From them, I mean. N-Not me." Half-stuttering, she exclaimed then quickly motioned for him to keep walking.

----

"Sit, Inuyasha!" Rei's cousin Kagome could be heard from the distance, anger seething through her teeth and instantaneously, there could be heard a boom from him falling into the earth.

"Damn these beads of subjugation!" Inuyasha hated accepting these beads from Kikyo in the past, not knowing her true intentions to keep him subject to her and her reincarnation.

Usagi ran over to watch gleefully. "Say it again.."

Kagome turned. "Oh? Usagi-san..." Her smile seemed almost as if nothing had been wrong before they came. "How are you?"

Usagi ignored her completely. "SIT!" She tried to do it herself.

Nothing. Then slam... the blonde was hit.

And almost instantaneously, Rei almost seemed to appear behind him with a broom and slammed it across his face.

This place was a mess. Adding two more wasn't going to make it any worse, Rei realized.

Nias blinked, his mouth forming a sly smirk in spite of himself as he straightened out his coat and stuck his hands in his cargo pants pockets. He stayed silent, following Usagi with curious eyes that roamed about the temple, taking in the ornate place with a slight hint of fear. "So, uh, if I'm a demon and this is a 'holy' place, shouldn't I be burning?" He chuckled awkwardly, scratching his ear. "Sorry about your grandfather, by the way. I know how hard it is to lose a family member." His voice was subdued but was laced with compassion, which he quickly coughed to suppress.

Rei turned to him, after having pinned Inuyasha down and stood herself up, dusting herself off while Usagi was heard in the background whining about Inuyasha having punched her atop her head.

Kagome giggled while helping the blonde up as Rei yelled at her for crying over something so small as she walked over to Nias.

"Baka..." Rei chuckled. "That is only priestess legends... Because they fear demons would come near them otherwise. We're all impure, all having desires that don't befit holiness."

She looked away, her eyes veering towards the direction of her grandfather's room where she could hear him coughing. It sounded like he may have been hacking up blood again. He was sick, just like her mother. Soon, he'd die and she'll be alone again, crying in the dark when no one's around.

She smiled lightly. "I'm used to it. It doesn't hurt... Being alone. The solitude is kind..." It was funny after all these years of being Usagi and everyone else, those words still came so naturally even though being with Usagi, she was never lonely. Still, one day, they'll all have to leave and she'd be alone like she always been.

And her father wouldn't care because he never did.

"Anyways, Demon, if you're gonna stay here, you will have to work here to earn your living... Alright?!"

Nias gained a ticked off look, shooting an angry glare at her. Any compassion that might have crept in from the sad admission before fled in terror, and he emitted a low growl that rumbled in his chest. His pupils became little more than black pinheads in a sea of gray, and his head whipped around. "Is there another demon near?" He glanced at Rei with a frown. He held back the sarcastic "I bet he's not working." that just begged to be let loose, and instead continued his questioning. "Anyway, why do I need to stay here? So some creepy alien dude and a crazy staff interrupt my job; that doesn't mean I can't continue staying up for a few days at a time and wandering." He raised an eyebrow, his gaze wandering to the place where racking coughs echoed from. His ears twitched, and a mix of fear and agony creeped into the edges of his eyes. "Besides, there is too much... similarity here," he mumbled, leaning back and waiting until his eyes seeped back to normal. He quickly added, "Plus, I already have work to do," to hide the memories that threatened to overwhelm him.

"Shut up, Baka." Rei grumbled before turning to him. "You can't allow memories to rule you." Hypocrisy ruled out her mouth as she lived everyday with the memory of her mother, cursing and tearing her apart.

To be honest, as much as she hated demons, she'd runaway with him to get away from this place however seeing how much she loved her grandfather, that wasn't going to happen.

She frowned gravely, knowing in all honesty that she needed the help especially since Yuichiro ran off with a girl that looked like her twin but with larger breast and bigger hips and got married. That Yuichiro-Baka.

"No one likes not having a bed to sleep in, demon. So just accept the offer."

The demon blinked, his full attention back on Rei. He quirked an eyebrow, before shrugging, letting out a disbelieving laugh. "Fine. Not like I have much choice, really." He grinned, licking the tip of one of his canines contemplatively. "Besides, it would be interesting to see how priestesses would react to me. Mostly, everyone I've ever met since I turned demon either ran away, or was my target." He hummed, slipping a hand in his pocket and pulling out a worn silver ring, rolling it between his fingers like a skilled gambler would do with a coin.
"I suppose I wouldn't mind staying... for a bit." He frowned, narrowing his eyes at her. "But only for a while. For now, I'll be happy to do any work that isn't outside... in the sun." He shivered at the mention of it with a disgusted scrunch of his nose. "I hate the sun," he admitted with a kick of his foot like a child toeing at the ground. "It's not like how they dramatize it in the movies, with the immediate burning and dying... it's more like you just got splashed with acid. Not very pleasant."

Rei knew that feeling.

Most people would doubt that, seeing she was considered inhumanly beautiful, one of the most popular girls at her school, and the top of her class. However, none of it gave her people to accept her. She was popular at school because it's an all girl who admire her for her looks and her intelligence. Still, they cared only from a distance, being scared of her for being born with ESP.

People rejected her for her powers, her father included. They saw her as dangerous, not as human.

"Sure." Rei tried to think of something he could do at night. She smiled, "I'll think of something for you... You can keep my fire room clean and run my bath water. Easy enough for you, demon?"

Nias smiled with a smug aura, a lazily superior expression transforming his face. He looked older with it plastered on, a stepping stool for his tiny self confidence. After all, what kind of fool made a deal with a helper of the Devil, anyway? "Should be easy enough, Your Ladyship." His tone was dripping with sarcasm, and he grinned, running a hand through his hair and scratching his scalp with talon-esque fingernails. "Until then, mind showing me the premises? It would help if I don't get lost my first day here," he stated, chuckling softly.
His blue eyes rolled over the scenery, taking in every sight like he was committing it to everlasting memory. The intimidating smell and presence of another, most likely tougher, demon didn't help his general anxiety about this whole debacle, but hopefully he'd be able to meet him or her... without dying, that is.
Then again, even if he did die, he'd just be stuck down there. Not like he'd have a different way out, anyway. He'd probably have gone down instead of up even if he'd died as a human!

"Youkai!" Rei called out authoritively to the other demon who frowned and pretended not to hear her.

"The name's Inuyasha...!"

"Youkai! Just show him around... And stop complaining." Rei yelled as Inuyasha ran over with his claws coming out as if he wanted to use his nails and cut out her heart.

"Sit." Inuyasha fell to the floor, cracking the ground immediately.

"And, you're gonna fix that, youkai..."

Inuyasha turned to Nias, his golden eyes daring to try to intimidate him as he was suddenly reminded of his first meeting with Kikyo. "Dont fall in love with a human..." he mumbled under his breath, "too much work..."

"So...Umm...Licence?" Light says. He had received the first pokemon game when it came out, and was hooked from the start, although he became a closet fan when he got older, due to Japan's culture urging conmormity. However, he had kept on playing them, and became the best player in school. Now, he was going to get real life pokemon. His dream had finally come true! "OHMAIGOSH OHMAIGOSH!" He says jumping up and down, as the reality dawns on him.

"Chill, man." Ed says. He's mostly a casual fan, watching the anime if nothing else is on, and playing mostly the main games. The existence of Pokemon surprised him a little, sure, but he had seen stranger things, such as a shinigami, and a man killing people by writing their names. "I'm gonna be a pokemon trainer!" He squeals with delight. "I'm gonna catch a Ralts, or maybe an Abra...Ooh, a Jigglypuff could be nice too..."

Last edited:
Xaviax sensed the attack in the Pokemon world. A hero may not be able to help, but a villain is another story. He looked into a mirror and motioned for some monsters. He then turned to the girl who'd asked for names. "Walter Connors, glad to meet you." he said, using one of his many alases.

Xaviax walked over to Ren. "The situation is getting worse, the thing that forced Pluto to run to another universe is now attacking a diffrent one, I sent some of my army to rescue who they could but they can't stop that thing." he whispered to her.

------------------------

Monsters began popping out of mirrors and dragging people and Pokemon to safety that had survived thus far, including Dawn's Mother and her Glameow. The monsters then emerged from the mirrors, breaking them behind them. They approached the boy, knowing it'd be sucidal, but they'd never go against their master's orders.

-------------------

The Owner looked up. "A Great evil has been unleashed, you and I both sense it." he said. "A great darkness has awakened. The course of action is clear, a greater light must be brought togather to defeat darkness."

----------------

Paul shrugged. "You're weird."

Nias watched the display with little more than a scoff, anger lurking in the murky depths of his eyes. "I don't plan to," he stated, crouching and tilting his head at Inuyasha. "So, why are you here anyway? Did they find you on the job too?" He smiled easily, trying to resist the urge to either fight in his fellow demon's defense, or run away while he still had a chance.

Inuyasha shook his head, not quite getting what he meant by being on the job as demons where he was from were free to roam and do whatever unless of course a demon hunter or priest were strong enough to kill them.

He remembered meeting Kikyo, desiring to kill her, actually but his heart seemed unwilling to touch her, cause her pain. She was different from the others and although a demon killer, she had no desire to kill him or even halfway deal with him. Her soul was alone, just as his and they fell in live because the other made them complete.

His father fell to the same fate as his son, loving a human woman, and worst, a priestess. It wasn't as uncommon as many believed... There were stories about this happening every couple of years, usually with a normal girl though and it changed them. Some said for the good, others said for the worst.

"Just don't..." He would be ostracized from his own.

Inuyasha turned his head towards the direction of Rei where a man came walking up the steps wearing a rather gaudy priest outfit with expensive golden rings on his fingers.

Rei's eyes exploded with anger.

Inuyasha growled.

"One thing Rei hates more than demons... Are male priest..." Kagome chirped with Usagi in unison.

The man could be seen as arrogant even from a distance, his stature said he thought he was better and his scowl told everyone that he had something to say.

----

"You are so beautiful but such a waste of your grandfather's time. Now, you're keeping demons in your temple!" the man could be heard yelling before grabbing her roughly, resulting in her spitting in his face.

Xaviax ducked behind a tree, transforming into a higher ranked, elderly priest to the man, and came back around, smacking the man in the head with a cane. "Don't hurt women! You dishonor yourself! It's not proper!" he yelled, sounding as what he looked like. "Now go appologize to the spirits for your dishonor!" he yelled, looking furious.

Nias' throat reverberated with a deep growl, and he clenched his hands into fists hard enough to cut himself with his own fingernails. A mantra of must not kill must not kill must no kill ran through his mind, and he almost lost it when the creature they'd met attacked him. After all, one was joining in, why not him? He had his dagger on hand, and he could probably get away with one- but no. No, he'd be sent straight down, and then he'd never get a chance to meet his mother. No, he had to be good and hold himself back from just decapitating that piece of ash.
Definitely one thing he missed from being human?
Being able to use his weapons. Then again, he'd have never been able to kill as his puny human self, relying on an older but no stronger human. It was despicable, from his new point of view.

OOC: The Light I'm playing as was born in an alternate universe where all the scientists are police officers, and all the police officer's are scientists. Thus, his arch nemesis is not L, but \b\. The website.
Meanwhile, is Dawn's mom nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom