• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I found a shiny Heracross in friend safari. I used false swipe and he used a move with recoil and KOed himself.

I had to hatch a ton of eggs, but I finally got a shiny Pumpkaboo! Yes! :-D

I just found and caught my first shiny, Floatzel, in Victory Road while horde EV training. I was so shocked when I saw that yellow Floatzel among the other 4 orange ones.

For some reason, I got this while breeding a Phione I recently got on Wonder Trade Wednesday (photo for proof):
tumblr_mzharp1kON1r4q5fqo1_1280.jpg

For some reason, I got this while breeding a Phione I recently got on Wonder Trade Wednesday (photo for proof):
tumblr_mzharp1kON1r4q5fqo1_1280.jpg

Oooh! You lucky little----!
I wanted a shiny Phione, but I lose my patience with Masuda-Methoding so easily that I change the pokemon I attempt to get shiny at the drop of a hat. Earlier today it was Emolga, but then I stopped when I got a flawless one instead, so I bred it with a Korean Skitty and am trying to get that instead.

Found a shiny Lillipup today in a Friend Safari whilst level grinding vs Chansey.

snapshot14_zpsd97521b1.jpg

It has a good nature (Impish) and 31 in Attack and Defense, as well as having Vital Spirit which changes into Intimidate as it evolves so it's actually pretty good and I will EV-train it.

my first shiny was a rhyhorn i found in the safari zone in ruby. at that point i didnt even know what a shiny was but I caught it before it could run. then in diamond my cousin found 2 shinies within like 10 minutes of each other, a geodude and machop so i traded him some very well bred and trained pokemon for them. Then after 600 hours on my soul silver I ran into a shiny ponyta out front of mount silver where i ev trained all the time. All of their natures were awful lol

I was trying to breed for a shiny Totodile, and started by filling up 8 boxes with eggs. I'm hatching all of them now, and halfway through the second box, I got a shiny! I really wasn't expecting to get one so quickly! :ksmile:

Edit: Wow! I got another one! :-D Today must be my lucky day.

Last edited:
I was Masuda Method breeding Pumpkaboo while watching Kyoukai no Kanata. I had about 20 babies with different spreads, so I figured I should breed one perfect one. I saved and started doing the Egg trick method. I deposited the two English Gyarados into the Daycare and hatched... A SHINY MAGIKARP, NO NO NO NO!

I... I HAVE NEVER HATCHED A SHINY WITHOUT RNG ABUSE BEFORE. I WAS LEGITIMATELY SHAKING DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER CAN GET A SHINY KARP/GYARADOS FROM HGSS OR FROM FISH CHAINING.

So... I didn't want the Magikarp. I took my odds and soft reset; the PID2 that dictates shinyness should be static on the upcoming egg frame i.e. I should get a shiny again on the next try. I deposited two English Pumpkaboo into the Daycare and then got... MY LOVELY GODDESS, PUMPKABOO

RpiwX6v.jpg

Last edited:
Playing this game at a snails pace and spending more time with Super Training, Amie and the Chateau than playing the actual game but just now 26:07 playtime in as I was catching a few monsters to Wonder Trade on Route 7 I ended up getting me a Shiny Swirlix.

Looks better than his normal colors really.

You guys are all so lucky! I've only ever gotten a shiny Finneon in Diamond. Traded it for a Shiny Pelipper, which I traded for a shiny Braviary.

So basically at the beginning of this year I started hunting for a shiny Trapinch via the Masuda method and tonight I was hatching eggs and I fell asleep and then my friend saved the game and turned off the game. I woke up and start the game then bam! Next egg was shiny! I think I was close to 300 eggs! Got the nature I want too! Now I'm gonna try my luck with Mudkip:)

Got another Masuda shiny: a Vulpix! Took a couple dozen eggs, give or take a few. And I was just breeding for IVs...

He doesn't have perfect HP, but who cares when it's a shiny. :p

I ended up getting a shiny Luvdisc while berry collecting around Route 8. Wasn't even chain fishing.

I ended up getting a 6IV shiny Japanese Ditto the other day that I started cloning. May as well start using that for some Masudaing I guess.

Is there anything that causes a shiny to appear? I have absolutly no knowledge of shinies.. except that they must be shiny...

Is there anything that causes a shiny to appear? I have absolutly no knowledge of shinies.. except that they must be shiny...

There is a 1/8192 (I'm pretty sure they changed that number in gen VI, tho) chance a 'mon will be encountered shiny. They are alternately colored and sparkle went sent out. You can just search it up on Bulbapedia if you want more in-depth stuff.

Anyway, I already said this in my blog, but I chain fished a shiny Clauncher yesterday. Her name is Pewlia (as in "pew, pew"), she has a Gentle Nature (I know that's not the best, but whatever) and critical caught her in my personal favorite ball: a Premier Ball. Now, she's a Clawitzer, full Affection, and Super/EV trained 252 SpAtt, 252 HP, and 4 Spd. lol I'm such a nerd

There is a 1/8192 (I'm pretty sure they changed that number in gen VI, tho) chance a 'mon will be encountered shiny. They are alternately colored and sparkle went sent out. You can just search it up on Bulbapedia if you want more in-depth stuff.

Oh yea, right 21st Century I completely forgot! That's a big and completely random number! Why not just 8000?

Back
Top Bottom