• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I got another Shiny through GTS: a Landorus. He won't be lasting in my box for that long, though. I just needed him for filling in my dex.

About an hour ago, I caught another shiny Pancham.

EDIT: I caught a shiny Breloom 30 seconds ago.

Last edited:
A few days ago I got a Lv. 99 Shiny Magikarp off the GTS, today I got a Shiny Snover.

While leveling up my Snover on Victory Road, the last encounter before it evolved was a Floatzel hoard...one of which was Shiny. XD

In just over an hour, I caught three shiny Basculin and one shiny Poliwhirl.

I just caught a shiny Espurr. :3

EDIT: About ten minutes ago, I caught a shiny Girafarig. He has Sap Sipper.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Hatched this guy the other day. Unfortunately, Speed wasn't one of the IVs it inherited. Still, just lukit dis beast!

And once again I stopped Masuda methoding because, even with the shiny charm it just didn't work out...

I got my shiny Meowstic anyway thanks to the friend safari throwing shinies at me lately for some reasons. Yesterday I caught a shiny Espurr, Petilil and Phantum in only 2 hours wandering around while marathoning Breaking Bad xD I just finished season 2 so I bet I can find more shinies this way in the future too xD

The craziest shit just happened to me. At 4:03 CDT, I turned on my 3DS. First encounter was a Fraxure. SECOND ENCOUNTER WAS A SHINY SLIGGOO.

She's Adamant and her perfect IVs are in Attack and Special Attack. By far the fastest shiny hunt.

Masuda Method can seem finicky at times. Took me +600 eggs to get my Charizard, but less than 100 to get my Lucario. Working on Whimsicott now and it seems to breed and hatch much faster than the other two. Oval Charm really speeds up the process, but it seemed the Shiny Charm didn't want to activate for my Charizard. :/

Took me two days, but I got a pretty decent Vulpix. Timid, with Drought, egg moves: Disable, Hex, Heat Wave and Hypnosis. IV spread: 31/8/31/24/31/31.

Breaking Bad really is my good luck charm. While search for a shiny Klefki I stumbled across a shiny Ferroseed. 4 shinies in 2 days is pretty nifty. Back to Klefki hunting though...I hope I won't run into a shiny Skarmory while looking for it...maybe I'll try a fariy safari next.

I don't know if its the shiny charm or just a lot of luck but I didn't meet a single shiny in the Friend Safari for a long time and suddenly they won't stop appearing xD

If only Zorua would be a Safari Poké...

Last night, two minutes before midnight (CDT), I caught a Relaxed Gooey shiny Sliggoo.

I recently went to the Grand Canyon, then Las Vegas. By some act of Arceus himself, I managed to net myself a shiny Durant in the Grand Canyon and a shiny Druddigon in Las Vegas, within 3 days of each other.

Masuda Method can seem finicky at times. Took me +600 eggs to get my Charizard, but less than 100 to get my Lucario. Working on Whimsicott now and it seems to breed and hatch much faster than the other two. Oval Charm really speeds up the process, but it seemed the Shiny Charm didn't want to activate for my Charizard. :/

That's RNG for you. The odds are still somewhere around 1/1000 per egg.

Also, based on the description of the Shiny Charm it doesn't affect the Masuda Method any more. Until we can rip out all the data and analyse the properties of key items, we don't know if it does. But the item description notes wild pokemon exclusively, so I would assume that they removed its Masuda functionality.

Also, based on the description of the Shiny Charm it doesn't affect the Masuda Method any more. Until we can rip out all the data and analyse the properties of key items, we don't know if it does. But the item description notes wild pokemon exclusively, so I would assume that they removed its Masuda functionality.

The change in description seems only to be true with english speaking games. In my German version it still has the same description as in BW2, same for the japanese version.

The change in description seems only to be true with english speaking games. In my German version it still has the same description as in BW2, same for the japanese version.

Smogon also performed a lot of test and stated that the Shiny Charm does indeed effect breeding. With the Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method the average shiny hatching is actually around 1/478, give or take. Still random, but out of all the people who submitted thousands of eggs this is the average. You can argue luck, but you can't argue the math.

Back
Top Bottom