• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Agree up to this point. The people complaining about how the game looked at E3 etc need to wait for the games release it’s still being worked on.
All we’re getting realistically are minor changes. It’s too late for the animations/quality to have any radical changes.

All we’re getting realistically are minor changes. It’s too late for the animations/quality to have any radical changes.

Depends on how old the build at E3 was. I know people who have seen the game at Pokémon HQ in London say’s if looks much better than E3. I’m not expecting anything drastic just general improvements.

Depends on how old the build at E3 was. I know people who have seen the game at Pokémon HQ in London say’s if looks much better than E3. I’m not expecting anything drastic just general improvements.
It's not that much the e3 demo the matter. If after all the backlash in the last trailer Charizard shooted fire from its shoulders rather than from its mouth I think we can agree this is the best they can offer on the animations side.
I mean, we are talking about charizard. If It didn't get a proper dynamax animation yet, all other pokemon are most likely in the same old situation.

How is it ironic? Nobody expected Let's Go. Nobody expected a "Dexit".

We all thought Gamefreak had their shit together.
I think he means people were desperate for a console game and caused a hype wave over it ( to the point of begging for it in any form like we saw with Stars)
Now in a Monkey Paw fashion they got their wish but with a twist.

I found this interesting fact

And I highly doubt GF will let Bank end anytime soon, cause even they know not everybody is willing to use Home so they'd want to keep option open. Not to mention bot makes them money on 2 fronts so not the best idea to let it dies just yet..
I didn't say it would be immediate, but it's not likely for Bank to stay around forever.

That's not really a variation, your analogy. What you're aiming for is a bacon burger but didn't have cheese in it. You can still have have a bacon burger with or without cheese, cause you still get you order, the cheese is just is just a variation your order. Now let's end the food analogies here before we make everyone hungry
Choosing a different food doesn't really change the analogy. Let's say you order a bacon burger with cheese, and the waiter brings you one without cheese. You tell them it's the wrong order, but they tell you that they brought you "the same food, but different". Someone sitting next to you says that you should just accept the burger as-is, because it's not like you ordered the burger just for the cheese-you'd be ignoring a whole burger if you had. And besides, they don't really care about the cheese, so it's not a problem for them. None of these arguments would change the fact that you're getting a different burger than the one you want.
Other content like?
Like literally anything that would extend the dev time to more than two years? Open world region, longer plots, more new Pokemon, major new gameplay-if anything got in the way of an annual release, it'd be out.
Trying to come o an understanding on both ends is not conforming.
This isn't "coming to an understanding", it's just matching your opinion. Let's say everybody does follow your suggestions, and everybody adapts their playstyle and accepts locked regional dexes for the rest of Pokemon. How does your playstyle or opinion get changed? You'd still be playing as you plan to now, and you'd still think removing Pokemon wasn't a problem. You wouldn't have to change anything, while everyone wanting all Pokemon would.
And in case you have forgotten, I'm just as effected by Dexit any anybody here, I have many pokemon I was prepared to transfer over till I heard the news, which also left me a bit disappointed.
And yet, you've said over and over again that you don't think that removing Pokemon is a bad thing. Doesn't seem to be that notable a disappointment.
I bet you never even tried to see where I'm coming from cause it's an opposing opinion.
I saw where you're coming from, over and over. You said it doesn't bother you that much, that you don't consider removing Pokemon to affect the quality of the game. You said that you think it's an acceptable sacrifice for the sake of annual releases, so that the anime doesn't have to create filler arcs. You said that you think storing Pokemon in old games should work fine for sentimental players, and that people who enjoy battling should just adjust to the restricted dex in the game.

Understanding the reasoning behind someone's arguments doesn't mean you have to agree with them, especially when it's something as subjective as tastes. I know the full dex isn't important to you, but that's just your opinion based on what you want from Pokemon. Knowing that you're not unsatisfied isn't going to change my opinion on anything, because I still have my own tastes, and they're going to have a stronger influence on my opinion.

And the thing is, where you're coming from is just...not being disappointed? You're not enjoying the removal, you're just not bothered by it. Why should that affect my views? If we got the full dex, you wouldn't be bothered, either, would you?

But I actually put in the effort to see where your complaints come from cause I'm also a victim.
Everyone's already been saying where their complaints are coming from. It's good of you to listen, but that's not exactly a high-effort task.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is more complicit in what's happening than most would think. Think about this: if SwSh was delayed, what would Nintendo have for Holiday 2019? Nothing, they already delayed AC and I doubt LM3 would be a good enough replacement. What is Nintendo marketing the Switch Lite, which is due September 20th, around? Sword and Shield. What does Nintendo own all the trademarks to? Pokemon. Combined with Ishihara's statement on good games moving hardware after the Switch's success, I can't help but shake the feeling that Dexit is because of GF's management issues and GF being beholden to Nintendo's desire to sell the Switch - a delay would destroy their Q3 sales projections. And before people say that Nintendo would rather delay a game to make it good, I ask them to look at the state of Kirby Star Allies and Mario Tennis Aces at launch, look at how much stuff has to be patched into Splatoon, and look at the weight they could throw around to make sure Pokemon meets standards but don't use.

Some of these just seem to be from poor planning. Like, nobody needs to balance all Pokemon ever-Pokemon outside of the dex can just be restricted to the postgame. And Dynamax shouldn't need new graphics when it's the same model made bigger. (And Mega Evolution was already cut out-why's that being brought up?) And if the Switch models are made from scratch, why are they identical to the 3DS models?

At this point, they must patch something in. Even if they don't plan to add the whole National Dex, giving people an animation patch would at least prevent Game Freak from being viewed as liars for their reasoning in the cull.

Last edited:
Some of these just seem to be from poor planning. Like, nobody needs to balance all Pokemon ever-Pokemon outside of the dex can just be restricted to the postgame. And Dynamax shouldn't need new graphics when it's the same model made bigger. (And Mega Evolution was already cut out-why's that being brought up?) And if the Switch models are made from scratch, why are they identical to the 3DS models?

My only guess is to keep consistency and have the animation rigs match. But then again I'm no game dev so I don't know the technicals

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is more complicit in what's happening than most would think. Think about this: if SwSh was delayed, what would Nintendo have for Holiday 2019? Nothing, they already delayed AC and I doubt LM3 would be a good enough replacement. What is Nintendo marketing the Switch Lite, which is due September 20th, around? Sword and Shield. What does Nintendo own all the trademarks to? Pokemon. Combined with Ishihara's statement on good games moving hardware after the Switch's success, I can't help but shake the feeling that Dexit is because of GF's management issues and GF being beholden to Nintendo's desire to sell the Switch - a delay would destroy their Q3 sales projections. And before people say that Nintendo would rather delay a game to make it good, I ask them to look at the state of Kirby Star Allies and Mario Tennis Aces at launch, look at how much stuff has to be patched into Splatoon, and look at the weight they could throw around to make sure Pokemon meets standards but don't use.
No way Nintendo will agree to delay the games because of the switch lite. They made a special pokemon version, the preoreders for the games were opened right after the console announcement. It's obvious Nintendo wanted the console to be released with pokemon.
Even if that turned out to be true (and I seriously doubt it), I don't see why all the models look exactly the same as before. None of the around 120 old pokemon revealed has any noteable difference, which is almost impossible that they didn't change a single pixel from 6 years ago.

If the animation rigs are able to be reused on the Switch with no problems, why would the models have problems?
Polygons, bones, details. There's a lot that goes into models for games and even more if you have means to improve them. Again I'm not expert but have looked into how models are made a little, and it's no super simple.

No way Nintendo will agree to delay the games because of the switch lite. They made a special pokemon version, the preoreders for the games were opened right after the console announcement. It's obvious Nintendo wanted the console to be released with pokemon.
That's what I'm saying

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom