• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

@Meta Boss Obviously there are some subjects - like sex itself - that are explicit... But to say that the very ideas of being homosexual, transgender, cross-dressing, etc. in of themselves are inappropriate for children is very messed up. Children's media is full to the brim with heterosexuality. When you say that a same-sex couple just being together can't exist in children's media, you're saying that homosexuality is inherently inappropriate compared to heterosexuality.

Now I know we were talking about cross-dressing which is not exactly the same thing, but you brought up sexuality, so. More on to the original topic, though... There are children who are transgender. Some people who are transgender know from when they are a child. If we shove the subject as an adult topic, they are just going to be confused and hurt. This is not how we should do things...

And you know what? Cross-dressing is present in children's media. Even in Pokemon's anime. You know where the problem lies? It's shown as a joke, something to be laughed at. If all we do in children's media is present it as a joke, that is creating big problems. Moreover, how come it's NOT inappropriate to show it as a joke, but it is inappropriate to show it as a serious matter? You see, this is super problematic.

Not to mention the heterosexual shipping references mentioned from Gen 6 in the SS Speculation thread.
And stuff like how the place a swimmer stores her Pokeballs is a "Women's secret!"

Cross-dressing itself isn’t inherently sexual though.
And clothing ‘ made for males/females'? What’s the inherent advantage of 'Male clothing' to a male child or 'female clothing' to a female child?
In fact, the 'feminine clothing' is often notoriously impractical for girls.

@Aulos

If I had it MY WAY, I would leave BOTH heterosexual and lgbt questions out of Pokémon. It's not like I want Pokémon to advertise heterosexuality LOL. I don't.

But you have to realize that heterosexuality is going to be portrayed in media more, because it IS the norm in the world, and in nature in general (everything else being the exception, even though an exception that deserves equal respect).

Last edited:
@PkmnTrainerV

I said cross-dressing shouldn't be shown in Pokémon. I never said it should be mocked. It should be not mocked either.

I hope we can all just agree to disagree, before this goes overboard.

It has been already shown as comedic, so the creators have deemed it appropriate enough for that.
So why isn’t it suddenly not appropriate in a respectful context?

All I can say is that I would love Gamefreak to let children wear whatever they want in their games. It hurts absolutely no one, and would be a small yet powerful step forward globally when it comes to LGBTQ mental health and acceptance. This is my wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been talking about Queen of England or King appearing in-game.

What about as a Pokemon? Odds good? Would you like it?

Person 1: "I would like it if this is in the game..."

"Moral/social/political argument ensues"

Person 1: Uh...Okay.

Maybe it's not always correct to bring your moral concerns up in a thread about wishlists. It might start an argument, plus maybe it's irrelevant. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Feel free to continue this discussion, @Hunter Talon.
But I'm warning you, it is going to be a boring ass monologue from now on, as I have said everything I wanted to say on the matter, and I am not going to continue answering to sarcastic remarks.

Have fun.

Last edited:
I wasn't being sarcastic though? The only thing I can see that you might interpret as sarcasm is "Who knows?"

But it's not sarcasm. I simply meant that I don't know for sure if it's irrelevant, but it ought to be a consideration when you post whether it might be off-topic. Plus I was also talking about the former half of the sentence, and for that I meant you don't know preemptively whether something you post will start an argument, though of course after the fact we do.

None of which is sarcasm. You don't have to like my post mind, but it's not necessary to interpret it in an inflammatory sense. You seem nice enough, and I wasn't insulting you or anything, merely giving my breezy take on what happened and how it was kind of unnecessary to happen.

I hope something like the Friend Safari returns. Well I admittedly never used the Safari that much due to Parental Controls, I thought it was an easy way to get introduced to competitive battling since every Pokemon had Two IVs of perfection alongside a Destiny Knot made breeding so much easier. They removed in ORAS... Why? Then in SM, SOS battles were introduced and wow, its like everything from the Friend Safari was thrown window. For starters, you had to defeat several Pokemon in a row, which is a huge grind. Not to mention if you accidently KOED one, your chain gets ruined, which happened to me. I also found it really annoying in SM, that the Pokemon could summon endlessly- it was pain trying to catch it. I don't mind for the Totem Pokemon, there supposed to be challenging. On a side note I hope SOS battles don't return except for boss fights.

Miniors core form after shields down activates should change also typing.
From meteor form rock/flying into core form steel/flying.
Would gain the poison immunity, many type advantages and would make sense with it's ability too.
Real meteorites have steel in them.
Also would make sense with the colors of core forms.

It would be easy to make and great sense to make this in Shield and Sword when they can.

Honestly just hope triples/rotations return, or at the very least another battle format. I'm completely burned out from singles and doubles isn't what it used to be for me anymore, espeically with VGC in the last years being a mess.
Me too; It's a shame that they ditched it as soon as the games went to 3d; Seriously; they didn't get rid of Double battles; so Why not bring back the triple AND Rotation battles and bring them into 3D & HD, and not just for the way off-in-the-distant Gen 5 remakes, that won't happen until GEN 10. . . Since Gen 3 Remakes only happened in Gen 6; Gen 4 remakes are probably coming in this generation 8; but Gen 5 remakes ain't likely to be a thing until at least Gen 10. . .

Honestly just hope triples/rotations return, or at the very least another battle format. I'm completely burned out from singles and doubles isn't what it used to be for me anymore, espeically with VGC in the last years being a mess.
Why has VGC has been a mess? I already published an opinion on why Triples and Rotation are probably not coming back on Smogon:

I think the problem derives from GF not really putting any effort into promoting rarer battle styles, such as Triples, Rotation, and Inverse. Triples and Rotations were featured quite poorly in BW, with Triples being exclusive to White, while rotation being exclusive to Black. And there were very few battles to begin with. The reason Singles stays is because its the main story format, whiles Doubles is promoted via VGC. Sure Triples and Rotations had their own ladders, but they were very inactive, and who could blame them, I mean, why play formats that are hardly promoted in game when its much easier to learn standard formats that GF and TPCI promote? Theorymon mentioned in a closing article for Gen 6 Battlespot, he stated that while he was sad to see them go, he understood why: Triples had a very small community, while Rotation he considered himself lucky to have 5 battles per day. In GF eyes, why do program them when players barely play it? Inverse is a bit more interesting since it actually exists via the coding, and its promoted via the special ladder, which is the problem. Special Ladders are practically dead. I get paired with 1700 players when I'm at 1500s.

So if they want to promote special formats and keep them, they have to make it a MAJOR mechanic, not just an extra feature, such as making it the offical format for VGC or making it the main mode of fighting in core RPGs.

Why has VGC has been a mess? I already published an opinion on why Triples and Rotation are probably not coming back on Smogon:

I think the problem derives from GF not really putting any effort into promoting rarer battle styles, such as Triples, Rotation, and Inverse. Triples and Rotations were featured quite poorly in BW, with Triples being exclusive to White, while rotation being exclusive to Black. And there were very few battles to begin with. The reason Singles stays is because its the main story format, whiles Doubles is promoted via VGC. Sure Triples and Rotations had their own ladders, but they were very inactive, and who could blame them, I mean, why play formats that are hardly promoted in game when its much easier to learn standard formats that GF and TPCI promote? Theorymon mentioned in a closing article for Gen 6 Battlespot, he stated that while he was sad to see them go, he understood why: Triples had a very small community, while Rotation he considered himself lucky to have 5 battles per day. In GF eyes, why do program them when players barely play it? Inverse is a bit more interesting since it actually exists via the coding, and its promoted via the special ladder, which is the problem. Special Ladders are practically dead. I get paired with 1700 players when I'm at 1500s.

So if they want to promote special formats and keep them, they have to make it a MAJOR mechanic, not just an extra feature, such as making it the offical format for VGC or making it the main mode of fighting in core RPGs.

It was mostly just diversity of seeing most of similar teams at the top, of course really that's a thing with most competitive things even when well balanced.

As for what you said, fair points. I'm cautiously optimistic long term though(sort of) We have 5th gen remakes coming eventually, followed by 6th both which had those formats. So around those times, hopefully GF will do them justice as far as promotion goes. It could be they don't but I'm trying to see a possible positive side to this. I know us triple battlers are a very small group. It had so much potential, and it was just treated like a ugly read headed step child that was hidden in the basement.

My curse in games is often liking things that aren't as popular. Seems that trend continues sadly.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom