• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

imo just because it wont be on the 3DS doesn't mean there will be no third version

Oh, then I misunderstood and they're saying that bringing pokemon to the 3DS was already done via B/W. Meaning that if there is a third version, they will treat it the same (a DS game only enhanced by the DSi/3DS)

Oh, then I misunderstood and they're saying that bringing pokemon to the 3DS was already done via B/W. Meaning that if there is a third version, they will treat it the same (a DS game only enhanced by the DSi/3DS)

exactly, hence the 3DS not supported thing, and i find it funny that you, me and Emboar are here now, that's just nifty XD

Hell yeah Unova evos!

Anyway, Im glad people wont have to buy the 3DS to play the next version.

yet

Yeah, Pokémon "Gray" for DS was everything I wanted. :D

No, I'm lying.
What I really want is the RS remakes being for DS.

Do people still find it unthinkable that Generation V will only last three years? I don't see why remakes would be the first 3DS versions, and releasing DS games in 2013 would be severely pushing it.

With my little bit of Spanish knowledge, I've come up with a better translation:

"No, para nada. Hemos terminado esta entrega con Black and White versión."
No to all. We have finished this installment with Black and White versions.

So, it's pretty clear that he's claiming that there won't be a third version at all. Of course, whether that's true or whether he's just trying to hide it remains to be seen.

Today is a sad day for Kyurem. It lost its chance to be a version mascot.

"Not at all. We have completed this installment with Black and White version."

NO GRAY FOR US, LOL

Well, the headline says that there won't be a "grey version" for 3DS. Personally I think it's way too early to say that it won't exist at all, and I find it very difficult to believe that there will be no third version. That's just me though...

It's odd: Jeff's translation is indeed correct, but the headline of the article suggests that only the 3DS option has been ruled out. Another website has interpreted the quote as saying that there will be no third version at all.

Black and White are missing key features such as Move Tutors, Gym Leader rematches and additional battle facilities, and more importantly, Kyurem and the Underwater Ruins obviously have untapped potential. I can definitely see why Game Freak would wait until the next generation to move onto the 3DS, but it is rather unlikely they'll do that before 2013. You'd think that they'd be willing to release one last DS game in the meantime.

We'll have to wait until 2013 to see what was really meant; although, as these games were made to feel like RBY, Generation VI could be GSC2.0 and expand on those things instead.

Also, this translation from Nintendo 3DS blog: “Not at all. We have finished this series with the Black and White version.”

And now THAT can be taken a THIRD way.

Which is why I'm thinking there will be a third version, but he's just trying to keep it hidden. But then again, it's one thing to dodge the question, and another to outright deny a third version.

Edit:
We'll have to wait until 2013 to see what was really meant; although, as these games were made to feel like RBY, Generation VI could be GSC2.0 and expand on those things instead.

Also, this translation from Nintendo 3DS blog: “Not at all. We have finished this series with the Black and White version.”

And now THAT can be taken a THIRD way.

Here's the translations of "entrega" from Google Translate:
1. delivery
2. surrender
3. installment
4. dedication
5. commitment
6. handing over
7. presentation
8. service
9. devotion
10. serving
11. post
12. part
13. enthusiasm
14. number
15. fascicule
16. importation

Nothing there about an entire series, just a couple words that can be taken to mean a part of a series. So at least we can breathe a sigh of relief on that one.

So now I'm going to predict that 2012 will be Generation VI's debut?

2 year generation..xD

I've heard that Melkor is going to interview Junichi Masuda. I hope that he'll have the sense to ask him to confirm Ibe's words.

So now I'm going to predict that 2012 will be Generation VI's debut?

2 year generation..xD
That's problematic. Even though I have always taken issue with fans thinking that Generation V has to last four years, the fact that there are still three unreleased Pokémon makes it hard to believe that that this generation will be that short. I can see Keldeo's distribution being related to the Wii game, but what of Meloetta and Genesect? If they shared Movie 15 together, how would Generation VI be promoted? Maybe there will be two movies in 2012 like now (with Meloetta and Genesect being comparable to Zekrom and Reshiram), with the Generation VI Pokémon being the common element akin to Victini in the present case.

I'm beginning to think that Kyurem will simply be the mascot of the Wii game, and that Game Freak may have helped with the development of that title (at least at a conceptual level). I'd prefer that to Unova being revisitable in Generation VI.

Last edited:
That's problematic. Even though I have always taken issue with fans thinking that Generation V has to last four years, the fact that there are still three unreleased Pokémon makes it hard to believe that that this generation will be that short. I can see Keldeo's distribution being related to the Wii game, but what of Meloetta and Genesect? If they shared Movie 15 together, how would Generation VI be promoted?

I'm beginning to think that Kyurem will simply be the mascot of the Wii game, and that Game Freak may have helped with the development of that title (at least at a conceptual level). I'd prefer that to Unova being revisitable in Generation VI.
Well, as we found out with Victini, GameFreak are now finding other ways to give out Mythical Pokémon (as they are now known).

As there are numerous event Pokémon being given away over Wi-Fi that relate to events in the anime (The mysterious egg, Ash's Scraggy), they could:

- Have a story arc in Best Wishes relating to Keldeo and the Muskadeers, giving out Keldeo in select places (and later, Wi-Fi) to celebrate that.
- Have 2011's movie about Meloetta (+Kyurem?).
- 2012's Movie featuring Genesect and a Generation VI Pokémon.

With your Wii game theory. If we think of like Colosseum or XD, they could have Kyurem being the main part of the story, with the three Muskadeers being available, then give out Keldeo as a prize for something like Mt. Battle.

- Have 2011's movie about Meloetta (+Kyurem?).
- 2012's Movie featuring Genesect and a Generation VI Pokémon
Did you mean to say the first and second 2012 movies? We already know that the stars in 2011's movies are Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram. Come to think of it, this is a sign that a third version isn't being planned: It is highly likely that Reshiram and Zekrom will be distributed to players who pre-order movie tickets, which will be a departure from the previous two generations where the ability to obtain both version mascots was reserved for the third version.

If no more handheld versions are on the agenda for this generation, the Wii game has quite a lot to make up for. Aside from the previously mentioned Move Tutors and battle venues, the Dream World doesn't make it possible to acquire Generation V Pokémon. That means that the regular critters and the Kami trio will need to be obtainable, in addition to any old Pokémon with new abilities not covered by the Dream World.

Last edited:
I've been away from the Pokecommunity for awhile, and reading all this latest information on here is mind-blowing. Gray won't be on 3DS? Gray won't exist at all? The fifth generation won't go past Black and White? Gamefreak is certainly taking things in an odd direction from the sound of it. Kyurem being the mascot of the Wii game is certainly interesting. I didn't really like Colosseum or XD so I hope they aren't going in that approach again. And the fact that Gray might not happen at all is disconcerting because Black and White have obvious faults that they would fix in Gray (though why they just didn't fix them in Black and White I'll never know). And there are still more mysteries to be solved about Unova.

All this information makes me want to end my Pokecareer with SoulSilver. A simpler time for Pokemon.

I've been away from the Pokecommunity for awhile, and reading all this latest information on here is mind-blowing. Gray won't be on 3DS? Gray won't exist at all? The fifth generation won't go past Black and White? Gamefreak is certainly taking things in an odd direction from the sound of it. Kyurem being the mascot of the Wii game is certainly interesting. I didn't really like Colosseum or XD so I hope they aren't going in that approach again. And the fact that Gray might not happen at all is disconcerting because Black and White have obvious faults that they would fix in Gray (though why they just didn't fix them in Black and White I'll never know). And there are still more mysteries to be solved about Unova.

All this information makes me want to end my Pokecareer with SoulSilver. A simpler time for Pokemon.

C-Calm down now, it's only fan speculation up to this point...

Back
Top Bottom