• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia tvtropes mafia: endgame: site is down (MAFIA WIN) 9/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters, because if you're the Miller why would it just say that you would flip up as Mafia? If you're Mafia th- THERE IT IS, DEJA VU, DEJA VU, I FEEL LIKE THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OR SOMETHING

Sorry, I don't get the bolded bit.

*ahem*

If you're Mafia then you wouldn't know about the Namecop. I wonder, if I check you, would you flip up as Big Bad, or your actual trope hidden behind your Miller? Unless this is some sort of red herring...

Or it could just be mafia? That is what my PM says, so it could happen. An independent is weird, but it would probably turn up as Big Bad.

If I'm Mafia then I've already figured jackatlasred is the Cop and that it's probably game over for me when he CCs me unless I bullshit my way through another Day Phase... If I were in your position I'd doubt that jackatlasred was even a Cop, considering he posted in the Danganronpa game after 10PM GMT+1 and I outed as Cop roughly 2 hours before that.

It would have been game over for you anyway if you didn't claim your way out of the cop claim. What better way to go out than getting an independent lynched and getting the cop to out? And just because someone hasn't CC'ed yet, it doens't mean there isn't a cop. It's unlikely, but true.

She had to die, or win. In any case she needed The Hero and the Big Bad dead. I wonder if she actually can still win despite being dead, or maybe that's what she thought was possible.

I doubt it, because there would need to be another independent who keeps the game going. Mafia either eliminate all of us or we survive with one left.

But I'd suggest not wasting your check on me to see something. We are trying to hunt for scum, and I'm not scum. You're not going to get any new information anyway.

(If this is a scum play by you, which is unlikely but possible, it's reminding me of Elieson's play from Professor Layton mafia due to its riskiness but destructive effectiveness.)

Sorry, I don't get the bolded bit.

In my Role PM I'm first given a description of how the role works, then under it, it says the name of my role. Did you get the same thing telling you that you flip up as Mafia in checks? It's weird there wasn't a Cop cc when I claimed it, because why not tell you that you'd come up as Big Bad? It does put in doubt in my mind about your claim, but like I said, it might be some kind of red herring. Unless there is actually a normal Cop somehow...?
It would have been game over for you anyway if you didn't claim your way out of the cop claim. What better way to go out than getting an independent lynched and getting the cop to out? And just because someone hasn't CC'ed yet, it doens't mean there isn't a cop. It's unlikely, but true.

Fair.

But I'd suggest not wasting your check on me to see something. We are trying to hunt for scum, and I'm not scum. You're not going to get any new information anyway.

(If this is a scum play by you, which is unlikely but possible, it's reminding me of Elieson's play from Professor Layton mafia due to its riskiness but destructive effectiveness.)

I could ask Zexy and he'd tell me. But even if you don't flip scum, then isn't you being confirmed Town good information regardless?

god no... that lack of CC was awful

In my Role PM I'm first given a description of how the role works, then under it, it says the name of my role. Did you get the same thing telling you that you flip up as Mafia in checks? It's weird there wasn't a Cop cc when I claimed it, because why not tell you that you'd come up as Big Bad? It does put in doubt in my mind about your claim, but like I said, it might be some kind of red herring. Unless there is actually a normal Cop somehow...?

Yes. I had it telling me that I appear as mafia, then below it, it says that I'm miller. So what exactly do you get from results? What does it tell you?

I could ask Zexy and he'd tell me. But even if you don't flip scum, then isn't you being confirmed Town good information regardless?

god no... that lack of CC was awful

Well, I don't know why I would turn up as town though. I'm confused about your type of cop?

So what I'm reading Human saying that he has what roles we have as cop... It would make sense as to why he got that check.

You guys don't understand how hard it is to type without my e working right.

Also I'm not sure about elementar although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Day 3 start

The Mafia Virus took down the administrators' most favourite page, Memetic Mutation, down. 7.8/10 not many memes from now on.

dear molten eevee, you are the Memetic Mutation

Memetic Mutation - TV Tropes
Example: Pokemon actually has its own page: Pokémon / Memes - TV Tropes (there might be spoilers)

Description: Sociology notwithstanding, on The Internet, a "meme" (pronounced "meem") is usually described as a catchy derivative of some aspect of pop culture, parodied and repeated over and over. If not used carefully, it can get to the point that its origins and original meaning become muddled and completely mutilated beyond any point of recognition or humor.

Role: Once per night, you may send the host a message here; it will be posted alongside that night's update (please specify clearly the content of the message).

In other words, you are the Reporter.
You are allied with the Town and win when all players opposing your faction are dead and at least one member of your faction is alive.
Molten Eevee was killed. He was Memetic Mutation, Town Reporter.

It is now Day 3. It will last 24 hours unless hyper-majority occurs. With 7 players alive, 5 are needed for hyper-majority.

Alright, this is gonna be a pretty weak claim, but here goes.
I'm the cop; a regular one. I didn't out yesterday because I was unlucky enough to scan Giles night 1, so I'd only get myself killed without providing information. Night 2 I got jd as town.
You can argue it was a bad call to not scan HD, but I honestly don't believe there can be 3 investigative roles in a 10 player setup. I also wasted one scan already, so I didn't want to waste another (well, its only a waste from my POV but still).
Phase post doesn't mention mylo so I could wait for one more scan, but I don't see HD getting lynched without a cop counterclaim, and I can't be sure I'll live next phase so.
With miller in game, I don't know if my scan can be 100% trusted as there could be a godfather also, but still it's info for what it's worth.
Anyway,
Vote: HumanDawn

My brain is hurting.

Three informative roles could happen, but it's highly unlikely. It's either believe Alex or HD, and I'm leaning towards trusting Alex a little more. There was no reason (other than pushing HD) to come out today, and it is really risky. I don't think Alex would be that comfortable in taking such a large risk as scum, unless they have confident partners. I'll hold off my vote while I think a bit more though. @WolfOwl, what do you think?

Yes. I had it telling me that I appear as mafia, then below it, it says that I'm miller. So what exactly do you get from results? What does it tell you?

Well, I don't know why I would turn up as town though. I'm confused about your type of cop?

Zexy answered me that if I checked a Miller it would turn up as "Big Bad". I was Roleblocked by the way, and jdthebud also happened to be my target.

My brain is hurting.

Three informative roles could happen, but it's highly unlikely. It's either believe Alex or HD, and I'm leaning towards trusting Alex a little more. There was no reason (other than pushing HD) to come out today, and it is really risky. I don't think Alex would be that comfortable in taking such a large risk as scum, unless they have confident partners. I'll hold off my vote while I think a bit more though. @WolfOwl, what do you think?

If he successfully lynches me he can then just play pretend Cop for the entire game. Nobody had claimed Cop Day 2 or Night 2, so I could easily see this as an opportunity from Alex Kaz to claim Cop, mislynch me, and when I flip Town he could pretend to be the Cop claiming it was just a mistake and win.

I didn't out yesterday because I was unlucky enough to scan Giles night 1, so I'd only get myself killed without providing information. Night 2 I got jd as town.

This makes no sense, you didn't even need to out but instead vote for me instead. I don't see how these posts make sense:

This game got messed up so quickly I LOVE THIS
I think it would be insanely funny if HD is being framed yet again xD
Any chance there are multiple sanity cops? Or would Zexy have said so?

I don't know why you would think of it as a scumslip. I took into consideration Elementar's miller claim and thought it would make sense for a godfather to also be in the game. Combine that with Molten Eevee's roleblocked claim and that's what that post was about. It's just speculation.
Also, Eye Gel answered part of my question, meaning that she didn't reply to whether she thinks there's a godfather role.

I don't think this is the case. If she was a jester why would she claim cop and risk getting counterclaimed? She already had 2 votes on her, she could just play dumb and roll with it.
Wouldn't we also know if a Jester was in-game? Eh, that makes me wonder actually. Could this be a bastard game?

Anyways, I might not be here at the EoD (if I am, it will be roughly 30 minutes before it ends, because that's when I wake up for work), so I have to vote now.
Vote: Eye Gel
It seems likely the cop claim was a desperation act imo.

He could have easily just said that my Cop Claim was a desperation act too, but instead voted for Eye Gel??

It makes it quite hard to believe, but even so, I'm not sure if I'm okay with voting Alex Kaz back for it because somehow he could still be the Cop...

About my vote on Eye Gel.
Think from my POV. I know I'm the cop, and she is being voted. She outs as cop. What am I supposed to think of it?
I thought she was maf and was trying to bait the cop to out before going down. (And since she wanted the cop to out, I thought she might be the godfather. She didn't reply to my question if there is one after all.) When you outed as cop too, I thought you realized it was a bait for the cop, so you fake claimed to bait the mafia kill and so the actual cop wouldn't out. But when she flipped itp, my fos switched to you. Honestly, my only doubt would be if you retracted the cop claim today but you didn't. All the more reason to believe you're scum.

Zexy answered me that if I checked a Miller it would turn up as "Big Bad". I was Roleblocked by the way, and jdthebud also happened to be my target.

That seems awfully convenient. You happened to be role-blocked, so you can't get an alignment wrong and you just happened to pick the same person as Alex Kaz so it didn't matter anyway? I don't like that.

If he successfully lynches me he can then just play pretend Cop for the entire game. Nobody had claimed Cop Day 2 or Night 2, so I could easily see this as an opportunity from Alex Kaz to claim Cop, mislynch me, and when I flip Town he could pretend to be the Cop claiming it was just a mistake and win.

If you're town and cop, which you say you are, I don't think it would be easy for Alex to "pretend" to be cop.

It makes it quite hard to believe, but even so, I'm not sure if I'm okay with voting Alex Kaz back for it because somehow he could still be the Cop...

Backtracking so you can use and excuse if Alex is mislynched? It's as thought you know that tey are cop and you want to prevent any questioning on your role if they were to be lynched.

VOTE: HumanDawn

For now...

About my vote on Eye Gel.
Think from my POV. I know I'm the cop, and she is being voted. She outs as cop. What am I supposed to think of it?
I thought she was maf and was trying to bait the cop to out before going down. (And since she wanted the cop to out, I thought she might be the godfather. She didn't reply to my question if there is one after all.) When you outed as cop too, I thought you realized it was a bait for the cop, so you fake claimed to bait the mafia kill and so the actual cop wouldn't out. But when she flipped itp, my fos switched to you. Honestly, my only doubt would be if you retracted the cop claim today but you didn't. All the more reason to believe you're scum.

But even I outed as a Cop... Oh no, I'd definitely would not do that. I didn't do it with Molten Eevee in TWR Mafia. Eye Gel only claimed to have an investigative role but I agree.

Still, it doesn't make sense, but I buy that it's possible. Doesn't mean I'm scum though.

That seems awfully convenient. You happened to be role-blocked, so you can't get an alignment wrong and you just happened to pick the same person as Alex Kaz so it didn't matter anyway? I don't like that.

Of course I would be Roleblocked in this situation, what do you expect? I claimed to have a PR and was roleblocked for it, full stop. I checked jdthebud for the same reasons, that's all there was to it.

If you're town and cop, which you say you are, I don't think it would be easy for Alex to "pretend" to be cop.

Different roles. Alex Kaz could just say "Woah, I guess there's both a Cop AND Namecop!"

Backtracking so you can use and excuse if Alex is mislynched? It's as thought you know tat tey are cop and you want to prevent any questioning on your role if they were to be lynched.

VOTE: HumanDawn

For now...

Backtracking...? An excuse if Alex is mislynched? I have no idea what you're talking about. He doesn't even have any votes and I haven't voted for him either. I'm just not sure if voting him is the best course of action because he could still actually be the Cop, as questionable as his Day 2 actions are.

@Elementar;

Do you honestly buy what Alex Kaz said about what made them to think to not out Cop or even vote Eye Gel instead of me?

I swear I'm not the Big Bad, and I don't want to nameclaim or anything like that but I'm not them and it should be obvious.

Quick reads:

1. HumanDawn - *reads role pm* "town"
2. Elementar; - Miller claim, no cc, could still be scum but it does make him look better than most.
3. Giles; - New spot, has said very little, but voted Eye Gel.
4. WolfOwl - Nothing really bad but nothing really good either, leaning Town from some posts.
5. jackatlasred - He had no posts Day 2 and when he came Night 2 he only claimed that he wasn't the Cop.
7. jdthebud; - Apparently Cop checked and flipped Town, could be the godfather but also not.
9. Alex Kaz - Claimed Cop and with a Miller claim around I could buy it, though it makes me paranoid that Alex Kaz and Elementar could be a scum pair(again just paranoia, some back thought, nothing definitive)

Yeah... I've got my hands bare here with no definitive lead to go to.

VOTE: jackatlasred

Not necessarily to lynch, but it might be that way if we get nothing new from this spot.

If HD is town it would be natural for him to be roleblocked actually. And if he is scum, it would also be really easy for the roleblocker to not use his NA and for HD to claim roleblocked.
All in all, I won't try to read into the roleblocked thing, as it won't provide results.
And Elementar, I seriously hope you're not buddy-ing me again xD You were so quick to believe my weak claim.
I'm just not sure if voting him is the best course of action because he could still actually be the Cop, as questionable as his Day 2 actions are.
I tend to play a bit scummy as cop actually. (Though it's only my second time, so take this with a grain of salt)
It puts me lower in the mafia's kill list, and it's not also enough to lynch me.
And btw, would you mind explaining what questionable means? You wouldn't expect me to hint I'm the cop? Especially since my N1 scan was a failure.

I tend to play a bit scummy as cop actually. (Though it's only my second time, so take this with a grain of salt)
It puts me lower in the mafia's kill list, and it's not also enough to lynch me.
And btw, would you mind explaining what questionable means? You wouldn't expect me to hint I'm the cop? Especially since my N1 scan was a failure.

No, I don't expect hints, but it's questionable because you voted for Eye Gel instead of the person that claimed Cop. You could have easily voted for me instead of her with the same reasoning.

Why not check me anyway? I'm either the Hero or Big Bad if Eye Gel really investigated me, and there could be a Mafia Godfather around so your checks are bound to be Town ones.

Of course I would be Roleblocked in this situation, what do you expect? I claimed to have a PR and was roleblocked for it, full stop. I checked jdthebud for the same reasons, that's all there was to it.

Fair.

Different roles. Alex Kaz could just say "Woah, I guess there's both a Cop AND Namecop!"

It would still be hard, because their both similar.

Backtracking...? An excuse if Alex is mislynched? I have no idea what you're talking about. He doesn't even have any votes and I haven't voted for him either. I'm just not sure if voting him is the best course of action because he could still actually be the Cop, as questionable as his Day 2 actions are.

Okay, I think I'm getting confused and using irrelevant words. But at the time, you seemed wary to vote despite seeming like it was your best option. Now it doesn't matter as you have voted.

@Elementar;

Do you honestly buy what Alex Kaz said about what made them to think to not out Cop or even vote Eye Gel instead of me?

I swear I'm not the Big Bad, and I don't want to nameclaim or anything like that but I'm not them and it should be obvious.

Why wouldn't you say you're town instead of saying you're not scum. Are you independent? And don't worry, I'm not clearing or siding with Alex.

And Elementar, I seriously hope you're not buddy-ing me again xD You were so quick to believe my weak claim.

No, I'm not. I was only appearing to buddy with you slightly to put pressure on HD. I've got good vibes from their posts so I'm happy with taking my vote off now. I know it was quick, but we need pressure in this game. I don't like how low some people's activity has been.

UNVOTE: HumanDawn

I guess I'm just confused because I don't know the difference between your roles. If you get that I'm part of the Big Bad HD, isn't that just the same as normal cop? I'm not sure why your version of cop is any different. May someone please clarify?

Okay, I think I'm getting confused and using irrelevant words. But at the time, you seemed wary to vote despite seeming like it was your best option. Now it doesn't matter as you have voted.

If he said he checked me and I flipped Mafia, then I'd definitely go for him, but he didn't, and with your Miller claim I'm thinking it's possible there could be a normal Cop in the game.

Why wouldn't you say you're town instead of saying you're not scum. Are you independent? And don't worry, I'm not clearing or siding with Alex.

ok i'll try putting this in a different way that isn't hopefully too obvious

eye gel said she investigated me

said i was mafia

she needs both the players with the hero and the big bad trope dead

hero must be town

big bad must be mafia

eye gel needs both dead

eye gel claimed that i'm mafia, aka the big bad

eye gel didn't immediately out this fact

eye gel is an independent

i'm claiming town

No, I'm not. I was only appearing to buddy with you slightly to put pressure on HD. I've got good vibes from their posts so I'm happy with taking my vote off now. I know it was quick, but we need pressure in this game. I don't like how low some people's activity has been.

UNVOTE: HumanDawn

I guess I'm just confused because I don't know the difference between your roles. If you get that I'm part of the Big Bad HD, isn't that just the same as normal cop? I'm not sure why your version of cop is any different. May someone please clarify?

I figure out the Trope. Alex Kaz figures Alignment. I'm guessing Big Bad would be the negative sounding tvtrope result of the game? Alex Kaz would get that you're Mafia.

I can still see myself lynched this phase anyway. Even if you have plans to lynch me it would be better to also try focusing on others and getting them to post and use their hands to see whether they are clean or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom