• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia tvtropes mafia: endgame: site is down (MAFIA WIN) 9/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
on mobile so i can barely say anything but with it being LYLO @WolfOwl @Giles and @jdthebud should probably claim

wolfowl I HAVE been reading your posts and im honestly still confused and unsure but when i get back home i'll try answering properly

Unless you are both mafia and you don't want your teammate to be hammered? If HD is mafia, I don't think jd looks good.
Are you forgetting that the cop checked me? I'm clear at this point, unless you think HD is town and I'm a Godfather + Roleblocker. With the number of vanilla in this game I doubt there are any combo roles like that.

meant to say HD is town or I'm a Godfather + Roleblocker

Are you forgetting that the cop checked me? I'm clear at this point, unless you think HD is town and I'm a Godfather + Roleblocker. With the number of vanilla in this game I doubt there are any combo roles like that.
Saying you are clear and basically saying you are confirmed town is a little scummy. There definitely could be and probably is a godfather in this game so nobody could really be confirmed town.

@Elementar maybe, but it's the truth in my case. Also you avoided my question.

In any case I think HD is scum. He can't be the Hero, which means Eye Gel probably got Big Bad in his check, otherwise I think he wouldn't have outed, because if he was just trying to save himself, he would have been lynched the next day. Now if that's true, that means that someone is bussing HD. And I am still wondering who it could be. Even Elementar is a little iffy IMO now.

@HumanDawn any last rebuttal on this? I'm not going to hammer so we still get the full day.

@HumanDawn any last rebuttal on this? I'm not going to hammer so we still get the full day.

WolfOwl and Giles are probably the last scum. WolfOwl suspects Giles out of nowhere, probably to cast some last minute distancing between the two, and Giles ignores claiming despite my mention. I've literally interacted with everyone throughout this game, and I'm suddenly being hounded by three players, two of which were seemingly okay with my claim but now aren't. This probably hasn't been one of my better games, what, with getting the Doctor mislynched and being in such a situation.

Unvote: HumanDawn
Vote: WolfOwl

We already had one vanilla flip. It seems unlikely that there would be too many of that kind of thing on town side. Especially with a roleblocker in play.

I still don't see how that rules it out. Plenty of simple game setups with lots of vanillas have things like roleblockers.

Not the biggest softclaim but you can see why I chose to argue against eevee on this.

Endgame

The admin team could not reach a conclusion over which page to take down in time, and the Mafia Virus brought the whole site down.

No one was lynched. Mafia kills town and reaches parity. Mafia wins!
Congratulations, HumanDawn and Giles!

HumanDawn - Big Bad - Roleblocker
Giles - Villain With Good Publicity - Godfather

Elementar - Hero With Bad Publicity - Miller
jdthebud - Vanilla
WolfOwl - Vanilla

Full Role PMs and questions coming soon, apologies for the delay.

dear etrian oddity, you are the Villain With Good Publicity

Villain with Good Publicity - TV Tropes
Example: First off, Giovanni: to the public, he's the gym leader of Viridian City, but when nobody looks he's The Don of Team Rocket. This didn't factor too much in the plot, as Ash and his friends (including another gym leader) ended up accidentally exposing him well before they met each other in person, but it apparently worked, and fans who didn't play the original games were surely surprised of seeing the mysterious Boss of Team Rocket as a gym leader.

Description: A Villain With Good Publicity is one of the most frustrating opponents a hero can ever face. On the surface, this villain works within the system and commands a great deal of respect from the average citizen, but behind the scenes, they conduct all manners of nastiness. Even the heroes (or the audience!) may be fooled until The Reveal, unaware that The Man Behind the Man is someone so publicly trusted.

Role: Any copchecks on you will return a Town result.

In other words, you are the Godfather.
You are allied with the Mafia and win when all players opposing your faction are dead and at least one member of your faction is alive.
dear humandawn, you are the Big Bad

Big Bad - TV Tropes
Example: Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and its remakes (FireRed and LeafGreen): Giovanni (Team Rocket).

Description: The ultimate villain of the story, who's causing the problem the heroes must solve.

Role Description: Once per night, you may select a player; that player will be unable to use their night action that night (with some exceptions).

In other words, you are the Roleblocker.
You are allied with the Mafia and win when all players opposing your faction are dead and at least one member of your faction is alive.

dear elementar, you are the Hero With Bad Publicity

Hero with Bad Publicity - TV Tropes
Example: This trope seems to disproportionately affect Dark-type and Ghost-type Pokémon. The eponymous Pokémon in Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai is this, and in the Pokémon episode "Ghoul Daze", a Dusknoir suffers being attacked by Pikachu and others when it was actually trying to save them from an actual malevolent ghost.

Description: whatever the reason, public sentiment is against these heroes, and there's usually nothing they can do about it. Sorry - you can't please everyone.

Role: Any copchecks on you return a Mafia result.

In other words, you are the Miller.
You are allied with the Town and win when all players opposing your faction are dead and at least one member of your faction is alive.
dear wolfowl, you are The Generic Guy

The Generic Guy - TV Tropes
Example: Makoto Naegi from the Dangan Ronpa franchise is stated to be one, having no real outstanding traits compared to his much more talented and more recognized classmates. And indeed, the only reason why he was able to get into such a prestigious school like Hope's Peak Academy was because he was randomly selected out of everyone in Japan as the "Ultimate Luckster".

Description: The member of an Ensemble Cast with no distinctive physical or personality traits.

Role: Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely.

In other words, you are Vanilla.
You are allied with the Town and win when all players opposing your faction are dead and at least one member of your faction is alive.
dear jdthebud, you are the Red Shirt

Red Shirt - TV Tropes
Example: All of Duel Academia in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, save the main characters.

Description: This is the Good Counterpart of Evil Minions and Mooks — set filler for our heroes' side.

Role: Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely.

In other words, you are Vanilla.

tvtropes mafia qt - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Tropes Mafia Host QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
TvTropes Mafia Graveyard - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Questions coming soon.

tumblr_inline_odth93teBS1rhl7ez_500.gif

aHAHAHAHAHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HOLY SHIT I MADE IT OUT ALIVE AND WON AFTER THAT BIG BAD CHECK ON ME NIGHT ONE O H MY G OD

THANK YOU FOR HOSTING ZEXY!!

Great game guys! This had me biting my shoes the whole time after Eye Gel said I was Mafia...

Welp, nice game everyone!
Congrats mafia!
HD I believe you did a pretty good job stalling so props for that xD
And of course thanks Zexy for hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom