• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

when you go to trade/battle with someone using fc's and it says trainer x wants to play with you

When I was fighting Falkner's Pidgeotto on my copy of SS, I used my Nidoran(F)'s double kick and it was super effective (Then it was normal again, then back to super effective) o_O

(SS) When I realized that you had to use your radio to wake up the Snorlax sleeping in front of Diglett's Cave. Not necessarily funny, but I still had that reaction. Someone had to explain it to me; I've been stuck for about a week. xD

WAIT WHAT?! BLAZIKEN'S DESCRIPTION SAYS IT CAN JUMP FCKING BUILDING, BUT IT CANT LEARN BOUNCE?

When I was fighting Falkner's Pidgeotto on my copy of SS, I used my Nidoran(F)'s double kick and it was super effective (Then it was normal again, then back to super effective) o_O

That would be because of Roost. It temporarily removes the Flying-type from a Pokemon that uses it - therefore, Pidgeotto would become a pure Normal-type for that turn. The more you know~

A personal "wait, what?" moment for me would be in the new Trainer House where Cal is suddenly competent - especially with his annoying Meganium. (leech seed + toxic + protect = FFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Also,
-finding no Trainers in Rock Tunnel in SoulSilver
-seeing Bidoof for the first time in Pearl
-watching an enemy Clefairy use SACRED FIRE from a Metronome usage on my last Pokemon (coincidentally Grass; many expletives followed)
-realizing Whitney in SoulSilver is much easier than before
-Seeing Bugsy's Scyther pop out first in SoulSilver

...yeah, that's all I got.

You can actually name the GSC rival.

Seriously, in Gold, he tells you that his name is '???' after you beat him the first time. Thus, that's what I told the police officer at Elm's. Twice. Total shock when I found out that wasn't necessary.

It was my first time using the PC in Pokemon LeafGreen. I was INCREDIBLY noob to the Pokemon games back then...

I tried to take Lapras out of the PC and released it. The only Lapras in FRLG.

T^T I'm still beating myself up about it...

Probably that Sudowoodo is not a grass type.....I was like???

Not totally a WHAT?? moment but close:
When togetic got from metronome beat up, blast burn, sacred fire, and some other moves...especially since in FR not very many pokemon (if any learned beat up)

Leveling up my Nuzleaf to lv.86 and being pissed that it hadn't evolved. Gave up afterwards and went and tryed to evolve my gloom into vileplume with leaf stone and noticed it worked on nuzleaf.FML

In Platinum having a double battle with Dawn against two Galactic grunts. Dawn, somehow sweeped them aside without me doing anything. My reaction was:

"Wait!What?!Dawn is good?!"

I honestly though she was gonna get whooped and leave me to face them by myself.

Tin Tower being renamed. WHY?!?!?!!? What was the point?

Its Japanese name means both bell and tin. It wasn't renamed, they just used a different translation. One that makes more sense, what with those bells we see it has in the Ho-Oh cutscene.

First time playing Blue. After an exhausting and overwhelming battle against Lance which pushed me and my team to the peak of their limits he is beaten. "Congrats,"
'" he says, "You're the new champion." My heart soars. "Or at least you would be but you have one more challenge ahead." Wait, what Lance ? What did you just say ? No don't tell me , DON'T TELL ME !!! "His name is Gary. He's the real league Champion." Goddam Gary Oak

The fact that they sell Pokemon-brand sake and beer in Japan. When I discovered Cyrus was 27 years old. The mass fanservice in the Dengeki Pikachu manga.

And shipping. There's a lot more, but that's what I can think of from the top of my head.

pairs up cities.
What.

When I discovered that you were supposed to make a chain of 40 Pokémon on the PokéRadar, instead of using 40 repels and then using the PokéRadar to chain for shinies.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom