• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was this the Pokerus?

The Outrage

Reaction score
Well, never having the Pokerus before, I wouldn't know. In my pearl cart, I recently aquired a Loppuny, and on the Menu page, there is a little yellow frownie face at the bottom left hand corner. Was this the mark that the pokerus leaves after it's been cured?

Well that's a bit sad that the pokerus was cured before it got to me :(

EDIT: Forgot to say Thank you.

Last edited:
Pokerus: a history

the pokerus is a microscopic organism that attatches to your pokemon. this virus enhances the stat growth of your pokemon. over time it will get rid of the virus and become immune to catching it again. but here is the thing. it can spread through your party, a box, a day care center, and any other such thing. but unfortunately the odds of getting it are astronomical, but you can probably use the wi fi connection to find another trainer with it.

Actually, I have NEVER been a lucky Pokemon player. I'm the guy that get's paralyzed five times in a row and when my pokemon is confused, you can be sure it'll knock itself out ^_^

However, so far in the 3rd/4th Gens, I've caught a wild shiny pidgey, hatched two shiny magikarps and have received the Pokerus from a wild Abomasnow in my Pearl cart!

Good stuff ^O^

Oh and that is most definitely the 'I've had the Pokerus' symbol on your pokemon. Remember that it still gets the effects of Pokerus, even if it can't transfer the beneficial virus =)

the pokerus is a microscopic organism that attatches to your pokemon. this virus enhances the stat growth of your pokemon. over time it will get rid of the virus and become immune to catching it again. but here is the thing. it can spread through your party, a box, a day care center, and any other such thing. but unfortunately the odds of getting it are astronomical, but you can probably use the wi fi connection to find another trainer with it.

Pokerus does not pass through the box.

So even if the Pokémon is cured and has a black dot instead of pokerus, it still get double EV? So it's not that bad if it's cured, it's just that it cannot pass it over to another Pokémon?
I always put pokerus Pokémon in the box, since they cannot get cured there. Only takes them out to infect other Pokémon that I will train.

I got Pokérus really early in Ruby, so I just used that to infect everything else... XD The chance of catching Pokérus is the same as finding a shiny, 1/8192.

Actually, I believe that finding Pokerus is more difficult than finding a shiny.

Not according to what I've read on it. I'll see if I can find something to refer to.

It was, however, more difficult in Gen II.

Actually, I believe that finding Pokerus is more difficult than finding a shiny.

Actually the chances of finding pokerus are about 1/1,000. But the tricky thing is that you dont know that the pokemon has pokerus! We have all probably KOed a pokemon with pokerus many times. The chances are actually lower now because we KO more than 95% of the pokemon we see.
sooooo the chances of catching a pokemon with pokerus are about
1/21,000

Pokerus is really cool, I think... I got traded a Pokemon that was actively infected on Pearl and I used it to infect pretty much all of my other Pokemon. It's funny that I had no idea what it was when I got it, though.... I asked one of my friends what it meant, and the first thing she said was, "You're so f---ing lucky!" XD

from what ive read though when you encounter a Pokemon with Pokerus it will have that as its Status. is this true?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom