• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What Antivirus do you Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAfee. Don't judge me. I use it because Windows 7 is strong against viruses, so McAfee only adds a little bit to my security.

laptop: avg/malwarebytes

living room computer: avast/malwarebytes

MS Security Essentials, and whatever the default one built into the computer is. I would get rid of the latter, but I can't figure out how to boot it off. :mad:

Norton Security Suite. It's so awesome, it removes dozens of tracking cookies from my computer like every 30 minutes and I've never gotten a virus.

Used to have Norton, then realised it did nothing for any of the four laptops or the main desktop in this house, much like AVG. Now we use Kaspersky.

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials right now, in combination with a separate firewall. I used to use AVG, but it pretty much didn't do its job well, so I tried avast... and then Avira... and then I jumped ship to Microsoft.

Like 2011 me, I'm still using Kaspersky (still a happy customer, haven't had a single infection related problem in ages), but this time it's the 2014 version of Internet Security. On my laptop I use the free version of Avast.

I usually use Avast!, but since I have a plan with Geek Squad, I'm using Trend Micro Titanium and I guess it's okay.

I use Avast as my free anti-virus. It used to be so much better with much lesser pop-ups and automation, but it fits what I need and it's the least obtrusive, I think.

Norton Antivirus.
* Shudders *
Norton caused me years of unhappiness :/

MS Security Essentials. It's free.
I used to run Microsoft Security Essentials, the problem was that I was not convinced that it was working properly, plus when you first install it, the updates are so slow and so large, I was never protected with my stupid rural 1-something MBPS internet speed. I removed it when it started interfering with how my server was running (maxing out the CPU constantly, for some odd reason).

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials right now, in combination with a separate firewall. I used to use AVG, but it pretty much didn't do its job well, so I tried avast... and then Avira... and then I jumped ship to Microsoft.
I used to run AVG too, but at one point, I know that there was a lot of hype about the AVG Free EULA stated something about the fact they can theoretically test virus' out on your PC. How much of it was true, I do not know.

AvaST. My tech-savvy bro recd it. It's sweeeeet.
Avast for the win! I run MalwareBytes behind it too. I hear that trend is a good paid AV too. I never run anything paid though.

I also run Web of Trust in Firefox sometimes. It prevents you navigating to malicious or unsafe websites. Its a useful addon to Firefox, Chrome(ium) and (I think) Internet Explorer.

I use AVG, which has been working fine with no issues at all.

Prime and I use AVG. It works well and we've had no problems. My mother-in-law once used Norton and I wouldn't touch that slag with a fifty meter cattle prod. She kept having so many issues with it and no matter what Prime tried, he couldn't fully remove it from her laptop. Yeah, I avoid that one like the Hate Plague.

Avast!, some people say it's a bad one, but it works just fine for me.

I'm using Avira. Quite useful. But it keeps on making me update it. And I find Luke Filewalker funny. XD

I'm using a bundled copy of Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security that's good for one year on my laptop. Seeing as I have noticed exactly zero performance change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom