• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What April Fools Jokes on the internetz did you fall for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash teh Stampede

Humaniod Typhoon
Reaction score
Well, I didn't fall for any really, cause I didn't see any, but I'm sure some of you have.

None. Once it's April 1, for the rest of that day, anything someone says means the opposite and any and all news stories are 100% bull. In some cases, March 29-31 and April 2 may hop on the AF bandwagon just to try and catch people off guard.

None. I don't believe anything anyone tells me. So even if it was real I called joke on it.

I thought that the new youtube layout was an April Fools.

Turns out it wasn't.

I watched the latest episode of the Pokémon Abridged Series, but the sound was gone. Great joke.

Even though yesterday wasn't my birthday, someone posted a comment on my youtube channel saying happy birthday, causing more people to think it was my birthday and comment happy birthday, causing more people to think it was my birthday and comment, causing more people to think it was my birthday and comment, and so on.

None.

On April 1, if somebody tells me "G'day" for example, I look around to check if it's not actually nighttime.

The only joke is the new youtube layout.

Oh yeah and mum told me that a plane crashed into the Taj Mahal.

God i dont believe i fell for that.....

none on the internet, but my mom told told me my teacher called and said I was failing his class and I believed XD

Deviantart.
When I went on and saw I had an Edward Cullen icon, I thought my Twilight obsessed friend hacked me. :c Then I scrolled down and realized what was going on. xD

Though, I got to fool a few friends online into thinking I dumped Ikarishipping in favor of Pearlshipping.
I've never really been into April Fools. :p

Sometimes I'm easily fooled, and sometimes I ain't. Knowing that it was April Foo's, I didn't fall for anything. But I did fool somebody else on another forum, posting a thread titled "Official Pokemon BlackOnyx and WhiteOpal Trailer Announced":

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3573814&postcount=209

Although, as far as me being fooled... Deviantart was the only exception. Almost every time I accidently double-click on the scroll bar on the side of the screen when on Deviantart, it'll activate a bunch of Trojan viruses... so essentially, Deviantart is crawling with "hidden" viruses so to speak. Knowing that, when I seen that my avatar was changed to a pic of Lady Gaga, for a split second I thought that Deviantart had gotten hacked or what-have-you. Kinda pissed me off, not a big fan of Lady Gaga...

I didn't fall for anything. On April 1st anything and everything is a trick.

The April Fool's Dresden Codak home page.

(Of course, since it was the morning of April 2nd and I was half-asleep that's somewhat excusable).

It was still a funny video, though. Heh.

I didn't strictly fall for anything, but when SunSoft announced Blaster Master: Destination Fred for Virtual Console, I hoped it would go the route of Dark Void Zero and end up as a retro-style WiiWare release, even though the history they provided for the game was clearly false.

Last year, I logged on early in the evening of March 31st, and found that webcomic artist David Willis had dropped his current Shortpacked strip in favor of a reboot of his older Roomies. Only later did I realize that it was supposed to be an April Fool's joke; time zone differences means it hit me half a day early, while on what was actually April Fool's Day I found that Shortpacked had been restored. Confusing.

Also, IGN's trailer for the Halo movie is obviously fake, but that doesn't make it any less hilarious.

Didn't fall for any, but there was one I wish was real--it was a fanart of a fake Pokemon episode that would have been frellin' epic. Basically, Cyrus came back and Mars kidnapped him, and Cynthia got Ash to go after him because her grandmother still had a torch for him (Cyrus that is. Carolina may like them young but she has standards). It would be the perfect episode.

(also yes, see, other people *do* give a damn about these characters, despite what anons on fandomsecrets seem to believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom