• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What book are you in the middle of right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently reading Timeline by Michael Chricton. I'm not very far into it but so far it seems pretty good, but then again I enjoy most of Chricton's works.

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton and Gone by Michael Grant.

One for school and one for pleasure :3

'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' by don't remember name right now.

Uh I doubt anyone's heard of it. The 13th Reality (The Journal of curious letters) by James Dashner. I randomly picked it of the bookshelf in the library and it's feeding my reading need (in other words that means it's good) TERRIFICALIWONDERSHONKS!!!! (my vocabulary has been extended by this book)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (re-reading the whole series) and my AP Biology study guide.

The Wide Window, which is the third book of the 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' series.

I'm in the middle of Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I need to begin reading John Adams by David McCullough.

To be totally honest, I am not into any at the moment though I would be thrilled to reread "Johnny Got His Gun" if I can find it.

Right now I'm reading Breathing Underwater because the school gave a summer reading list and this was one of the books on the list. I have to say, it's actually really good so far.

Almost finished with The Mothman Prophecies by John A. Keel. After that, I'll probably reread The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

"The Rabbit in the Thorn Tree: Modern Myths and Urban Legends of South Africa" by Arthur Goldstuck

Fascinating book about popular urban legends in South Africa, many of which are variations upon "classic" urban legends that take on added significance in line with SA's social history; other legends - eg: "Kentucky Fried Rat" - seem to have universal meaning wherever they're told. Goldstuck also includes some great examples as to how popular culture can influence the telling of legends - for example, at the time of publication, the recent success of the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles franchise had shifted that old chestnut about alligators in the sewers to one concerning mutant turtles.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
almost done re-reading the series....

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I love reading, but my problem is that I'm always reading the same books over and over again. Can't even remember how many times I've read this book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom