• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Meant to mention this earlier but it was clean the apartment day so I had to focus on that. Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Familiar Business").

Anyway, Nova and Nina have since "recovered" from their passionate night and are making their way to where the rest of the party is. Nina sends out Phantom to help scope things out and guide them, while at the same time Elizabetta is sent out to search for them. She runs into Phantom, who guides her to Nova/Nina, and she takes them back to the village. Nina is given a checkup after the blow to her head, revealing she only had a mild concussion which was mostly healed due to Nova. But she needs a day's rest just to be sure. Nina rests at the inn with Elizabetta watching over her while Nova and the other males take care of business. However, Dominic shows up, demanding to be let into the village, which the villagers aren't allowing. He accidentally spills the beans when he sees Nova, revealing he did cause the rockslide in an attempt to kill Nova, which only makes his bad situation worse. Nova summons Elora to scorch him before transforming into the Chaos Archer and disposes him for the time. The party is praised by the village leader and resume their activities in preparation for their next battle. The next chapter, "Chilled to the Bone", features the gang taking on their next member of Muu's army.

been a while since ive been here. just jotted down 263 characters and 9 words. trying something new, which is writing in a different language.

It is half past 2 am, but tonight was better than that day. I have written about 1650 words, and I found a balance between the "boring routine life" and the "adventurous vibe that I want to give off right away".

I started with my protagonist's depressing thoughts while having dinner with his family. Then he overhears the TV announcing some mysterious incidents going on in Viridian Forest, where a research team interoperating with the police forces has not been heard from in the past 3 days, so everyone is worried. He decides to go there and explore the mystery. But he does not say anything to his family. He prepares his bag, leaves a note saying he will be back safely in a few days, and runs off leaving Pallet Town behind. But once he reaches the entrance, he sees a police officer taking care of his Golbat, which was seriously hurt in the forest with all the bruises and scars. Tokyo, although not expecting it at all, feels scared and does not enter the forest. Instead, he runs back home crying. He is now forced to go to school to study the subjects that he despises the most.

Having him go for danger would not really feel as dangerous as I want to make it to be, and having such "brave" and "fearless" protagonist feels so generic, and I would be glad to leave some room for personal progress, so that was for the best for what I have in my mind, I believe.

This is halfway through the chapter. I have some ideas on how to proceed, but I will work on them tomorrow.
I wrapped things up for the first chapter with 1237 more words.

To sum it up, Tokyo feels very ill the next day due to depression he is going through. When he looks at the sky, he sees a group of Spearow flying towards Viridian Forest, where his focus opts on a building in Pallet Town which resembles a facility that belongs to the group of researchers working in Viridian Forest. He pays a visit there and meets a girl. She is a foreigner, a bit crazy, but she has come to Kanto and now works as a researcher there, although she was left behind before the team left for Viridian Forest. After Tokyo talks to her a little, the girl decides to go to the forest with Tokyo, which makes Tokyo feel somewhat safer despite of her freakiness. She prints fake papers of approval by the facility. Right when they are about to leave there, she, knowing Tokyo is not a Pokémon trainer and has no Pokémon in his hands, tells him that "every journey begins with an important decision".

Some trivial facts about the first chapter.
  • Tokyo's last name is Akamidori, which means red-green in Japanese.
  • Tokyo's mom has a Bellsprout in their house, which Tokyo dislikes. Bellsprout stays in a flowerpot in the living room, and Tokyo always feels like it constantly stares at people in an uncomfortable way and judges everything they do. Also Tokyo hates the scent of the acid that comes out of Bellsprout's mouth, which it cannot control. He finds it amusing that his mother cleans it every day.
  • Because Kanto is a Japan-based region, I keep the names of the Kanto-native characters from the video games in Japanese. (Prof. Oak is actually Dr. Okido, and Brock is Takeshi, etc.) Therefore I use Japanese names for each character, except for the researcher girl Tokyo meets who has a foreign origin.
  • The researcher girl's name is Clara, because she is based on a Swedish singer that I like, Clara Klingenström. I imagine her in my head while writing that character, hence why she has pink hair, green eyes and a very bright skin color.
  • The academic high-school Tokyo goes to is called Itazuragaki High School, which if internet is not fooling me means doodling. I wanted to stick to the "pallet" theme.

Borderline crippling depression due to dreams and friend-related circumstances for most of today. So of course I finished up the first draft of the first chapter of the next Nori fic. I also finished off Memory of a Ghoul with her counterpart scene just now (and made a couple consistency edit's to his version). Clearly, being down helps with art or something. Did mean not a lot of gaming done, however. But I'll take this over that.

Last edited:
Meant to mention this a good hour or so ago but I fell asleep due to Daylight Savings Time still throwing me off. Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Chilled to the Bone"), which is a perfect chapter for right now, as we're being hit with a snowstorm right now.

Anyway, the party is making their way to the next Undead Base. The base is run by Captain Frostbone, a rather nasty customer of an Undead Captain who feels that any troops that aren't Captains, Generals, or Muu are expendable. However, before the party can face him, Eoleo appears again, to Nina's dismay. He tries and fails to impress them, followed by Elizabetta stunning him with her Moth Dust ability so they can fight Frostbone in peace. As soon as the battle starts, however, Eoleo jumps in... and fails to do any sort of meaningful damage to any of Frostbone's army, even getting his King Cobra Claws destroyed in the process. Frostbone shows just how cold he is by making his troops sacrifice themselves to block Nova's Missile Strike combo skill, only to eat a second one when he turns his attention to Eoleo during the Werecat's failed attempt to gain an advantage. Soon the battle is over, the party raids the Undead Base, and destroys it shortly afterward. Eoleo is fuming that the party stole "his" victory, prompting Nina to become fed up, transform into Diamond Ice Empress, freeze Eoleo solid, and send him adrift down a nearby river, ridding the group of his presence for now. The party heads out to continue their journey. The next chapter, "Demonic Dealings", features the party meeting the elusive Demon Clan.

I’ve been suffering from some unpleasant writer’s block as of late, to the point where I haven’t been able to write anything even if I tried (and believe me, I did). That said, I broke through it a bit with that good old philosophy of “better to write crap than to write nothing”, and as painful as that was to do, I got a decent sketch’s worth of a scene done yesterday, enough to be the foundation for something better. Hopefully I can keep the groove going and get another chapter of Mirror Adventures out by this year, haha.

Oh, and as part of my efforts, I searched for some inspiration and found some in the form of this:
Château de Ferrières

The Château de Ferrières. Three guesses as to whose character’s house is based on this…

3 words and some research today. Research didn't yield anything, except that I shouldn't use the source because it doesn't contain what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom